Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I bought a new version of chat tonight. Its written in HTML 5 rather than flash, so it should be a bit faster and you will be able to login using your iPhone, Ipads Android phones and playbooks etc.

The install looks complicated and requires a few server stops and starts but I hope to find the time to install it and have it up and running by next Thursday quiz. :thumb:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I hope it has all the wizbangs, webcam, picture post etc, there is a way to run flash on an ipad and iphones are really too small to make the chatroom a usefull tool. The current chat works fine and quite fast enough but there you go money burning a hole in your pocket I suppose, hee hee

Last edited:
OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I hope it has all the wizbangs, webcam, picture post etc

It's more or less the exactly same as we have now, compiled in another language. Minus those bugs we had, but probably including some we didn't have ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
it was only abused once I got banned for 24hrs it did allow a number of people to see more than they should though.

Feb 27, 2011
UK
Funster No
MH
Self Build
Exp
Since 2005
I bought a new version of chat tonight. Its written in HTML 5 rather than flash, so it should be a bit faster and you will be able to login using your iPhone, Ipads Android phones and playbooks etc.

The install looks complicated and requires a few server stops and starts but I hope to find the time to install it and have it up and running by next Thursday quiz. :thumb:

Jim, If you need a hand with the install I should have sobered up by monday :thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Jim, If you need a hand with the install I should have sobered up by monday :thumb:

Thanks Karl, after reading the install instructions I was going to be giving you a call anyway:Blush: :thumb:

thearchitect

Free Member
Sep 20, 2012
North London
Funster No
MH
Getting closer.
Exp
Short stint 1972-6 none since
I hate flash, took my own website off it and only use HTML now.

Good luck Jim, not that I know enough about the technical side to offer advice or assistance.

chrisgreen

Funster
Jul 26, 2009
england
Funster No
MH
c class
Exp
since 2004
just been in the chat room but my internet keep's droping off as soon as i enter,but its been playing up all day, normaly good but three must be doing an update or something:Doh:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back