Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Just been having a think about Fiamma products I have bought and then found drawbacks to.

Windout awning-as an awning works well,but most things you would want to attach to it have a 6mm bead and the Fiamma rail has a 4mm slot.Yes,they do market an adaptor kit which brings whatever you attach about 4" out from van.
I have now fitted a 6mm rail just below my windout awning-problem sorted.

Awning tie-down kit,does the job but a ratchet strap would be better and the alloy angle pegs bend very easily.
I have replaced the straps and the pegs-sorted.

Levels-Because they are a sort of honeycomb construction they can sink in softish ground and I have had 2 sets crack inside,I tried putting a piece of ply underneath which worked for a time,but it was a bit of a hassle (two extra things to store)
I am now using Milenco triple levels-Higher, wider and flat on the bottom-sorted.

Bike cover-I bought a 4 bike cover,but it was only just able to cover 2 adult mountain bikes and it was quite tight which resulted in chaffing and holes.
I have replaced it with a Taylor Made cover-sorted.

Was wondering if anyone else has had similar experiences ?

Mike.

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
Our fiamma awning slightly ripped in the wind this year. They dont do a repair kit roll and the tiny little bit of repair tape they do costs a fortune.

I wish they would invent seethrough ducktape or gaffa tape

Jul 17, 2012
Bury St Edmunds
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
1 year on and loving it!
Now this is a sensible post! As a newbie/wanna have, this sort of information is invaluable!

Thanks Mike!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

May 21, 2008
Oxford
Funster No
MH
WildAx Constellation
Exp
Since 2008
I wanted to buy

a Fiamma folding step until I saw they were about £100! Bought a plastic one from Go Outdoors for about a fiver!

Catherine

BwB

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 3, 2011
Suffolk UK
Funster No
MH
Resting b'twix vans
Exp
Since 1990
Our fiamma awning slightly ripped in the wind this year. They dont do a repair kit roll and the tiny little bit of repair tape they do costs a fortune.

I wish they would invent seethrough ducktape or gaffa tape

Because I had some left on the roll and needed to fix the awning fabric I used some weatherproof "poly tunnel" jointing tape. Clear tape and very strong. Put it on the awning about 12 months ago and it's still working and still clear.

I purchased it from Castorama in France for about €15 for 50m roll. I think it was a Unibond product but as poly tunnels exist in the UK you must be able to get something similar here.

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
This Summer in Spain quite a few roll out awnings "flipped'. They were all Fiamma.

In my experience you can't tie them down as well as with an Omnistor storm straps.

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
My bike cover also developed wear holes.
Now put a foam cover, held by a bungee cord over the front bike. It seems to be the fabric cover rubbling between the front direllier and the metal striped warning panel that causes the holes

Welsh girl

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 7, 2009
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
Since 2004
We had fiamma levellers they broke, they came with the van so bought another set of fiamma levellers as we though it was a one off, they broke.!!!
So we ditched them and now have milenco quattro, very strong but being 4 ton we have cracked one of the honeycombe strips but they are still ok.

We bought a fiamma bike cover, it split a few times and fixed it with duct tape, very faded and worn looking when we got rid so bought Taylormade bike covers, they are very good, no problems so far after one years use.

We bought a set of Milenco steps, they split so we had to bin, I emailed milenco and they would have changed if I had kept receipt but I didnt and postage to send them back would have been around £20 so we bought a set of folding steps, they are great.

We bought milenco thermal screen covers, they split after a month so sent them back and had a refund.
Phew after reading this we dont seem to have much luck with stuff do we?

Last edited:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back