LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
My rechargeable Mag-Lite torch has sprouted legs and am having great difficulty replacing it. Have been quoted £150 for a complete replacement but I have the charger fitted in the motohome so don't require that part. Does anyone have just the rechargeable torch for sale or know were I can buy the torch on its own. Its driving me mad looking at the charge-holder on the wall empty :cry:.

Sep 23, 2007
Leicestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
4 and many as a tugger
Come on mate, there is one on ebay at the mo with the mains charger missing.
Got to be worth a cheeky bid

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Why not get a regular one and use a rechargeable D cells I use the Duracel D cells that stay charged when not in use 5 x longer than regular rechargeables, making them ideal for the torch:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
same here JIM

Why not get a regular one and use a rechargeable D cells I use the Duracel D cells that stay charged when not in use 5 x longer than regular rechargeables, making them ideal for the torch:thumb:

Same here JIM. great items.. in brackets just in side the door... had to get the cups / brackets from the USA when we were on a trip.. torch is easy to get in the UK.. but the bracket.......

Bob

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Hi Jim. The reason I don't want a regular one is that there is a 12 volt charger-holder built into the camper that automatically charges the torch when its in its holder. The rechargeable Mag Lites have 2 rings around the top which connect to the charger.

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Only joking BTW the way. ::bigsmile:

Is it like Link Removed?

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Taditional maglites are old technology....I have a small Cree based light
that is about 25 times brighter runs on rechargeble AA batteries and is about the size of a cigar.
Tesco do a great Cree based torch at about a tenner..the only thing the big Maglites are any use for is as a weapon...as torches they are useless.

Look up Cree based led torches.

barry:Smile:

OP
OP
Snowbird

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
that is about 25 times brighter runs on rechargeble AA batteries and is about the size of a cigar.
Tesco do a great Cree based torch at about a tenner..the only thing the big Maglites are any use for is as a weapon...as torches they are useless.

They may be old tech, but so am I and my motorhome. It was built in by the manufacturer and I like to keep things as original as possible. The Maglite like me and my motorhome were built to last a lifetime.

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988

Barry, if he puts this in it, it will make your cree look like a candle::bigsmile: Link Removed

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Barry, if he puts this in it, it will make your cree look like a candle::bigsmile: Link Removed

These are just cree tachnology screwed onto the front of an old heavy and outdated maglite. People have been converting them for years because Maglite were so slow to adopt Led technology. But they are too big and too heavy....but great as a club for self defence.

Even this conversion you mention is not too impressive my headlight for my bike weighs next to nothing and puts out 1400 lumens.
and can light up the road ahead for over 200 yds just like a car headlight on full beam.

The head for the torch that you show Jim costs £50 and boasts 1000 lumens
the one Ive shown below is tiny by comparison. costs about £12 and is also rated at 1000 lumens and can fit in your pocket.

I have a small led cree torch that runs on a AAA battery and is about the size of my little finger and its brighter that the old Maglite with about 6 Dcells which was 18inches long and weighed a ton.

The cree technology is nothing like LEDs of old ...its mindboggling......

With weight saving an issue.........just buy something like this
[ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/product-reviews/B007ZYLUEO/ref=dp_top_cm_cr_acr_txt?ie=UTF8&showViewpoints=1[/ame]

I dont know this torch and some manufaxrurers overclaim output......but quality lights from Fenix are good weigh next to nothing and they fit in your pocket

Broken Link Removed

Lidls and Aldi often have them in.......and as I said before the small Tesco
torch is superb.

I am a bit of a torch nut I collect them have over 30.......but threw away my maglites years ago.

barry

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
Snowbird i am off on holiday for 2 weeks tomorrow but if your still looking in a couple of weeks PM me as im sure we have a couple of them lying around at work that aren't needed anymore.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back