Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
One for the mechanics. :Smile:

Is it an easy job to remove?

Want to lift the cab flooring to add some insulation. It is held by four bolts, but no obvious way to disconnect the cable. Just payed for and downloaded a workshop manual and it has no info. :cry:

Any pointers would be appreciated. :thumb:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
The cable will probably disconnect from the wheel end.

craig

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
pablomc

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
The cable will probably disconnect from the wheel end.

craig

Thanks Craig, but just wondering where it connects the handbrake. Not a lot of info on google. I did find a parts diagram that shows a short cable on the lever going to connector point where there are two separate cables running to each of the rear brakes. I suspect if I can locate it I might be able to disconnect at this point. Just had the van under sealed and working in the dark was not easy to spot anything obvious. Will probably have to trace the cables from the rear wheels.

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
in most cases paul there will be an adjusting point just under the handbrake if the lever has the cable riveted on a banjo type affair which will most likely be a left hand thread on the handbrake end and a right hand thread on the rod that goes to the cable balance point this will probably look like a long nut with a lock nut at either end of it possibly around 6 inches from where the handbrake lever is located.

just make sure the van is chocked front and back so it dont run over you when you remove it.

OP
OP
pablomc

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
in most cases paul there will be an adjusting point just under the handbrake if the lever has the cable riveted on a banjo type affair which will most likely be a left hand thread on the handbrake end and a right hand thread on the rod that goes to the cable balance point this will probably look like a long nut with a lock nut at either end of it possibly around 6 inches from where the handbrake lever is located.

just make sure the van is chocked front and back so it dont run over you when you remove it.

Already chocked. :thumb:

Could that be under the van as there nothing on the lower part of the lever that is accessible? I can see the shorter cable connecting to the lever via a pin with a cir-clip and it also seems to sit on a retainer. Didn't want to remove it until I know I could put it back.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
if the cable is on a pin with a cir-clip then the adjusting bit i was on about could be as far back as the balancing point for the cables.
but it will be under the van.
the easiest way is to wind off the adjustment underneath to give some slack then pull out the pin in the lever.

OP
OP
pablomc

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
if the cable is on a pin with a cir-clip then the adjusting bit i was on about could be as far back as the balancing point for the cables.
but it will be under the van.
the easiest way is to wind off the adjustment underneath to give some slack then pull out the pin in the lever.

Spot on Andy, sorted. Balancing bar (if that is the correct term) was in front of the rear diff. Had not looked that far back. :Doh:

Cheers. :thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back