Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Official - On news this morning: Breathalizers will not be obligatory until the 1st of March 2013 due to supply not keeping up with demand.

:thumb:

Last edited:
OP
OP
stcyr

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - but official! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: - but official! :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I did not doubt it a second ... this is why it makes me laugh . They get you mad with new laws , and then ..... are obliged to go backwards... typical !! I guess this is why french don't really take any notice. I think with this new law , people did not know what to expect exactly , and in a country where people drink quite a lot and more particularly on week ends , some have over reacted by buying a lot of items , and others just didn't react at all . I just bought one and won't take any notice anymore. It's in my car .... and will probably stay there for years before I think of changing it.

Amicalement

Frankie:Smile::Smile:

OP
OP
stcyr

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
I'll buy a couple when I see some ... no panic though ... :winky:

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I did not doubt it a second ... this is why it makes me laugh . They get you mad with new laws , and then ..... are obliged to go backwards... typical !! I guess this is why french don't really take any notice. I think with this new law , people did not know what to expect exactly , and in a country where people drink quite a lot and more particularly on week ends , some have over reacted by buying a lot of items , and others just didn't react at all . I just bought one and won't take any notice anymore. It's in my car .... and will probably stay there for years before I think of changing it.

Amicalement

They have a use by date !! Mine say valid 02/2014 !!! made by Contralco !!
See you in November Frankie !! Don't forget the Rabbit in Mustard !!!!:Cool::Cool::Cool:

brensan100

Free Member
Oct 11, 2012
France
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
2 years
Hi everyone

I am new here but hope I can post something useful. There is a bit more to the delay till March 2013 than has perhaps been publicised in the UK. The new French government are looking at the whole thing over again. There has been some 'speculation' that a prominent member of the previous government may have had some 'interest' in the manufacture/supply of these meters.

Here in France they have almost tripled in price since they first came on the market - if you can even find them. They now cost about 11€ per pack which is coincidentally the exact amount of the proposed fine for not having them. There is also great confusion about their use - ie the gendarmes and the courts cannot accept any reading which is not taken by their own official breathalysers, so basically there isn't much point in having used one. [Presumably the people who care enough to check their own readings and then desist from driving if they are over the limit, are the very people who will exercise restraint in the first place - just my opinion as one who doesn't drink and drive - I do plenty of both, but separately:)].

Anyway, I could be wrong but I suspect they will just fade quietly away and die over the next few months, so if you haven't yet bought one, maybe wait and see. You can't get fined until March now anyway.

Bren

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Typical.

Just ignore these silly laws and they will go away:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I bought one now lost it

Amicalement

I purchased two from Halfords.... was in the RV... unloaded before putting it on sale... then the sale fell through so it was put back on... unloaded it again today and now I cannot find them... sods law.:cry:

Oh well, get some more next year.

Bob:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back