Bob's latest marketing tactic (1 Viewer)

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
He's tried ebay...
He's tried Gumtree...
He's tried Preloved...
He's tried Friday-ad...

Now Bob is stepping it up a gear...

Link Removed

driving

Free Member
Mar 7, 2012
doncaster southyorkshire
Funster No
MH
Frankia
Exp
has bob tried offering a 1 month warranty or more. it will give the purchases time to see if its worth the money or a lemon lol:Smile: it usually works, as its alot of money to spend

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Bryan

Bryan

Free Member
Jul 19, 2007
Funster No
has bob tried offering a 1 month warranty or more. it will give the purchases time to see if its worth the money or a lemon lol:Smile: it usually works, as its alot of money to spend

No warranty needed...it's an RV :winky::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
A Lemon ? where has this guy come from?

A Lemon???? where has this guy come from???::bigsmile:

When was the last time you sold a vehicle and gave a warranty to a buyer?

As said by Bryan (previous post) this is an RV...... less than 20k miles on the clock... passed all it's UK mot's with no advisories.

Maintained regardless of costs..... has 2 A4 folders of UK history of the work and parts fitted.

Full service history.. with all receipts. This baby is so well looked after (as those that know it and have seen it - MHF members - know everything works. Even had a cooker switch arrived ordered since it was put on sale.. nothing but nothing does not work.

RV's are not Lemons... they are built to a standard not a cost. :winky:

Yes, I would agree if you have to worry about what it costs to run a motor home, then an RV is not for you.

If you care to read the advert on ebay.... ebay number 180978199155 you will see I actually say if you have to question the running costs then an RV is not for you. I am sorry to say, and I do not intend to sound pompous or up set anyone ... RV owners tend to be able to afford them. Running costs are not the issues. Also please not this RV has less then 20k on the clock and is as new. What Lemon... what warranty... boy that is a new one on me.

Anyone else every heard of this?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob:Blush:

jhorsf

Free Member
May 15, 2009
DERBYSHIRE
Funster No
MH
ih oregon
Exp
This is his next outfit

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JMTs1eRLXis&feature=related[/ame]

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
Bob,just a thought for you,Perhaps your over advertising,it sound's agood buy, and perhaps thats the reason it has not sold,try the more gentle approuch,it works for me,you see,you come you like you buy,job done, and this is NO dissrespect to you,cheers Alf,

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Bob,just a thought for you,Perhaps your over advertising,it sound's agood buy, and perhaps thats the reason it has not sold,try the more gentle approuch,it works for me,you see,you come you like you buy,job done, and this is NO dissrespect to you,cheers Alf,
Theres a lot to be said for what you say. Hard selling puts people off in my opinion. It makes people think they are being pushed into things and they put the brakes on. Thats human nature. Having said that I cant understand why its not sold. Its now at the right money. The only thing that I can think of is that MOST people buying ANY RV expect a fixed bed. Thats why MOST people buy an RV as opposed to a European. I have no doubts it will find a new owner soon. Just be a little more patient Bob. Oh I thought that a good idea from Peter at Johns Cross.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Taking it out for a run in a moment

Theres a lot to be said for what you say. Hard selling puts people off in my opinion. It makes people think they are being pushed into things and they put the brakes on. Thats human nature. Having said that I cant understand why its not sold. Its now at the right money. The only thing that I can think of is that MOST people buying ANY RV expect a fixed bed. Thats why MOST people buy an RV as opposed to a European. I have no doubts it will find a new owner soon. Just be a little more patient Bob. Oh I thought that a good idea from Peter at Johns Cross.

I am about to fire it up and take it for a run down the duel carriageway to blast the cobwebs out.... like to keep it on top form.

Noted what everyone says, but the advert as it is tells everyone what they get.

The beds are easy to make, we use the pre made bedding rolled up.. two minutes.. memory foam mattress and covers and quilt all in one. The settee bed is a rock and roll and those that have them know how easy they are to flip from settee to a flat bed.. and at 6'6" x 5' they are big... the dinette is an easy drop and slot.. there is just the two base sections and two backs (to form the mattress) then the all in one is put on.... we have one bed each... so bags of room and easy to use.

You have to weigh off the advantages of the european size motor home of 23'6" compared to a 30' plus RV (and the parking issues) .. being 23' something those parking issues do not happen. But then you do not get a fixed bed. Horses for courses.

The RV is priced low.. not silly low.. but given the spec, age, mileage etc., it is a very cheap vehicle and extremely well appointed and loads of goodies.

I am fortunate enough that I am not in a forced sale position.. when it goes it goes.

Going back to Peters kind offer at John Cross. Firstly it is a commercial offer so he gets a commission (have not discussed the rate).... have had that offer from a number of companies. My concern with the offer from Peter was that in the not so distant past he had a lot of cats stolen of his motor homes on the forecourt. As I have to insure the RV while it is there It would be my risk as I would not be keeping it at the insured address and the insurance company would not pay out for the cat. Given they are £1k I do not want to risk it. My home address is secure. OK I will not get the foot fall traffic, I do feel it is a bit safer... plus I have a directional floor alarm fitted from the building (Have done for the past 18 months)... but it was a kind offer from peter and I acknowledge that and I am sure he understands what I am saying.

Anyway.. off to take it for it's run out while it is dry and sunny.

Bob

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Lemon... That's partly down to you...

If anyone looks at the 'history' of the RV online, they will read about all the issues that you have had, slideout, brakes, puncture etc.

All the bits that you have put on, taken off, size etc etc, add to that you are talking of a 7 year old RV that has done less than 20k, so thats only 2,857 miles pa.

The 'I wont sell below' £x then a change in price etc..

Any punter can and may be reading all this and wonder if its worth it, why you have had to add all these bits, then take them off, then its on a number of different sites for sale...

I am not convinced by the photographs, the Willie Nelson poster, the pull out showing all the food, the American Flag bedding etc. The clutter on the dashboard. The mags in the rack, the bottles of booze.
It looks like its being currently used and not for sale.

Just my thought.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I reckon i know why it isn't selling.

it's too small !

I would say most folks looking for an RV would be looking at 30ft plus.
although it's a much better spec, at 23 (and a bit) ft it's no bigger than most Euroboxs and a fair bit smaller than some.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
what I hate about RV's

Well I know shifty has been looking at it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My heading is what I hate about RV's... yes I said that......

I went out and started her up.. note it is a her... no problems... but I needed to bring the blinds up so I can get a better view of the road as I back off the drive.. Camera only picks up so much as does the various mirrors.. so I swivel the head and look back through the offside habitation window.... but I need to raise the night blinds and the day blinds....

Ping.... one of the cords snapped... OK we get it up so I can do the run... which was rather nice actually.

So back home and strip the blind down... 10 screw and one clip sprung later I have the blind out.... paste table up and then get a repair kit (always carry one in stock) .. a lot of swearing and pushing and pulling the new cable is in place.. then it is back on to the RV and reverse instal; l then tension up the cables.. always the worse bit fine tuning them so everything stays in place open or shut....

So yes even I have a pet hate on an RV.....

For Shiffty.... I like Willie Nelson.. who knows the next owner might.. if not he can take it down.... the shot of the bedding was done on purpose to show one of the two double beds.... as for the wine rack... again we took the photo with the wine on board.. now off. But does show the wine rack.

As for things that go wrong... well all vehicle need care and attention.. an RV is no different. I have a couple of ring binders A4 that lists all I have done on the RV.. I do not bodge or hide facts. The new owner can see what was an issue and when.

Perhaps the only fault is the low mileage as the RV is not used in the winter months. but then if it had 40K miles you would say that is to much.. as we see from the posts 23' is now to small... there is always a lot of comment on the RV as we can see from the posts Shiffty. everyone including yourself have a view and I read those views with interest...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: does not mean I accept them all. But it makes for the colourful life of MHF.:Smile:

I very much doubt that any MHF member will buy the RV... while we that post on here think the world of it (as I do).. there are thousands out there that have never heard of it. If a MHF person was interested then they will know just how well pampered the Winnebago is. :Blush:Otherwise a buyer will have to read the ring binders to catch up on all the work that has been done to keep it in top nick and on the road. The window blind is a fairly normal thing on an RV and if you were to read RVOC you would find it has been a topic many many times. We all curse when they break a cord.. but that is part of the life of owning an RV.

Bob:winky:

Last edited:

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Well I know shifty has been looking at it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

My heading is what I hate about RV's... yes I said that......

I went out and started her up.. note it is a her... no problems... but I needed to bring the blinds up so I can get a better view of the road as I back off the drive.. Camera only picks up so much as does the various mirrors.. so I swivel the head and look back through the offside habitation window.... but I need to raise the night blinds and the day blinds....

Ping.... one of the cords snapped... OK we get it up so I can do the run... which was rather nice actually.

So back home and strip the blind down... 10 screw and one clip sprung later I have the blind out.... paste table up and then get a repair kit (always carry one in stock) .. a lot of swearing and pushing and pulling the new cable is in place.. then it is back on to the RV and reverse instal; l then tension up the cables.. always the worse bit fine tuning them so everything stays in place open or shut....

So yes even I have a pet hate on an RV.....

For Shiffty.... I like Willie Nelson.. who knows the next owner might.. if not he can take it down.... the shot of the bedding was done on purpose to show one of the two double beds.... as for the wine rack... again we took the photo with the wine on board.. now off. But does show the wine rack.

As for things that go wrong... well all vehicle need care and attention.. an RV is no different. I have a couple of ring binders A4 that lists all I have done on the RV.. I do not bodge or hide facts. The new owner can see what was an issue and when.

Perhaps the only fault is the low mileage as the RV is not used in the winter months. but then if it had 40K miles you would say that is to much.. as we see from the posts 23' is now to small... there is always a lot of comment on the RV as we can see from the posts Shiffty. everyone including yourself have a view and I read those views with interest...:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: does not mean I accept them all. But it makes for the colourful life of MHF.:Smile:

I very much doubt that any MHF member will buy the RV... while we that post on here think the world of it (as I do).. there are thousands out there that have never heard of it. If a MHF person was interested then they will know just how well pampered the Winnebago is. :Blush:Otherwise a buyer will have to read the ring binders to catch up on all the work that has been done to keep it in top nick and on the road. The window blind is a fairly normal thing on an RV and if you were to read RVOC you would find it has been a topic many many times. We all curse when they break a cord.. but that is part of the life of owning an RV.

Bob:winky:

Sometimes LESS is MORE..

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Bob, are there no trade in possibilities?

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I reckon i know why it isn't selling.

it's too small !

I would say most folks looking for an RV would be looking at 30ft plus.
although it's a much better spec, at 23 (and a bit) ft it's no bigger than most Euroboxs and a fair bit smaller than some.

Like hundreds of other funsters I have been watching Bob's trials and tribulations with his sale.I couldn't agree with pappajohn more , it is to small !
Whilst most of us would love a RV many, like me are put off by the 'Americana' shown in the photographs,clutter free photos are a must so that potential buyers can imagine thier own stamp on the vehicle , Any way keep going Bob ,best ok luck:thumb:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no not at this time

Bob, are there no trade in possibilities?

No not at this time Chris.. and I was offered less against one I did look at then I felt was fair given the one the dealer had was way over priced.

I am not in a rush Chris.. if it goes now fine, if it goes next year fine.

We have a lot of other plans for 2013, a few flights ..one to Cape Town and another is a road trip to Arizona and there is a cruise SWMBO is doing.. so we may not do a lot on motor homing next year in any case... after the bad weather this year we are looking doing it different.. all depends also on my health.. in the middle of some serious test..within 14 days type... Colon area..spent a lot of time at the local hospital this past few weeks.. and Sue working for the NHS it is all moving jobs.. or no job etc., so a lot in the air at the moment. RV is just one bit of it...

Bob:cry:

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it does say in the advert

Like hundreds of other funsters I have been watching Bob's trials and tribulations with his sale.I couldn't agree with pappajohn more , it is to small !
Whilst most of us would love a RV many, like me are put off by the 'Americana' shown in the photographs,clutter free photos are a must so that potential buyers can imagine thier own stamp on the vehicle , Any way keep going Bob ,best ok luck:thumb:

It does say in the advert that the photos were taken while in France this year. It did not stop one person putting £500 deposit down on it. The fact he could not complete the sale had nothing to do with the pictures. He saw the RV in the empty state.... made his mind up from his look at the RV.

It has not stopped people looking... just seems like Craig with his Winnebago that they have a lot of dreams and little money.

Bob

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
that's it keep your spirits up, good luck on the hospital front, like houses etc..... the movement on any thing for sale at the mo is not good,folk are weary about every thing , the same over here!, thing's are not or taken a long time to sell, either way bob you still have a motorhome,and when it sales all is good then you move on, until then use it,what it is ment for, good luck on all fronts, :thumb:Alf.

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Bob did I miss something? Did you say Peter at JCM had offered to sell your RV on commission? If he did then that may well be the way for you to go: thumb: simply because he will be able to offer finance: BigGrin: People may well look at a few hundred quid a month better than parting with 22.5k :winky:

look at Link Removed
a yr newer only 5 k miles and PX and finance Plus LPG
terry

Last edited:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Bob, you really, really, REALLY need to take some new photos ... the ones you have are doing you no favours at all! Seriously, they are NOT - you are just wasting your time and money advertising using the old photos. It's like selling a house, if it is on the market for a while you 'refresh' the photos to make it look different, give different angles etc and 'tidy it up' a bit more, this will then entice buyers to look again ... believe me people can tell if there's a rack etc, they don't need to see stuff in it to work out what it's for. :RollEyes: The photos make your seating look 'grubby' - I'm sure it isn't but the light levels in the photos aren't favourable either.

I'd also suggest you look again at you 'payment' terms part at the bottom of the text - it sounds 'overly formal' as if you are a dealer pretending to be a private seller ...

So, get some new photos done now ... there's a good boy ... or I shall come and turn your macarator on you!!! ::bigsmile:

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Don't hold back Mel :ROFLMAO: but could be worth a try Bob, things that could be dismissed by looking at a photo, but if they get to see the van could be a sale.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we have 10 days left on ebay

We have 10 days left on ebay.. after that we are taking it off sale until next year.. i may do some new photos then.

note to Chis.... Peter's site is not secure... he has said himself that they have to remove the cats from there moor homes on the site due to thefts... a RV cat is a good £1k so do not want to risk that.

Bob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The legal words at the bottom

Bob, you really, really, REALLY need to take some new photos ... the ones you have are doing you no favours at all! Seriously, they are NOT - you are just wasting your time and money advertising using the old photos. It's like selling a house, if it is on the market for a while you 'refresh' the photos to make it look different, give different angles etc and 'tidy it up' a bit more, this will then entice buyers to look again ... believe me people can tell if there's a rack etc, they don't need to see stuff in it to work out what it's for. :RollEyes: The photos make your seating look 'grubby' - I'm sure it isn't but the light levels in the photos aren't favourable either.

I'd also suggest you look again at you 'payment' terms part at the bottom of the text - it sounds 'overly formal' as if you are a dealer pretending to be a private seller ...

So, get some new photos done now ... there's a good boy ... or I shall come and turn your macarator on you!!! ::bigsmile:

It may be overly formal.. but being a retired lawyer i do it legal .. no arguments then. the last buyer lost £500 deposit... i do not mess about ... the person buys it as seen tried and tested, and meets there requirements. A non refundable deposit is taken.. and not returned if a person backs out. Being a private sale i am 100% within the law.. so sorry it is so formal it may be, but the buyer knows what to expect as i do as a seller.

The price has ben reduced again.............

the auction runs out in 10 days.. if not sold we will not re advertise it until next year... may do some more photos then... but the advert does say the photos were taken in June while we were in France.. so people do know that....

Anyway, have a few more pressing issues at this time health wise, so not that worried about the RV at the moment.... if it sells fine if not it will do sometime in the future.. who knows may get more then.

Bob

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Im with the totally de clutter and de personalise and clean team. Its how you sell anything.
Its a nice RV . Good price and lovingly looked after . Stop posting on here about every little thing . Take some fresh photos , it will do wonders .
It will sell.:thumb:

Last edited:

Snowbird

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 24, 2009
Liverpool.
Funster No
MH
Fifth wheel.
Exp
Since 11-05-2000
Im with the totally de clutter and de personalise and clean team. Its how you sell anything.
Its a nice RV . Good price and lovingly looked after . Stop posting on here about every little thing . Take some fresh photos , it will do wonders .
It will sell.:thumb:
Totaly agree..........put mine on here once and SOLD.
No messing about.............If its what people want and its the right price...It will SELL.
As I have said before..........Punters dont like a HARD sell.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back