Free Member
Oct 3, 2012
Bromyard
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
2nd Year
Could anybody give us information on the cost of over wintering at Marjal?
We are thinking of going down to Spain for at least a couple of months at the beginning of 2013.

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
We are thinking of going down to Spain for at least a couple of months at the beginning of 2013.

Contact JohnH fun member he is there now, or was or, is going back,

teddybard

Free Member
Aug 21, 2012
warwickshire
Funster No
MH
c
Exp
5 years
Cant give you any prices sadly not been near it for 5 years, but the facilities are good
the local towns friendly and the fishing in the stream at the side ok but be prepared for bloody great terrapins.:Smile:::bigsmile:
Roger & Sheila

bryandh

Free Member
Jan 17, 2011
Malaga, Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class. FFB Tabbert 570
Exp
Since 2010
Click the link on this site and e-mail for a quote. All the staff we encountered at Eco Marjal spoke excellent English and respond promptly to e-mails.

Regards Bryan

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
starting on saturday 10/3/2012
will be at marjal eco on the 31st dec so anyone who wants a liqiud start to the new year look me up i will be the 1 in the corner propping up the bar maybe with a kiss me quick hat on lol

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
will be at marjal eco on the 31st dec so anyone who wants a liqiud start to the new year look me up i will be the 1 in the corner propping up the bar maybe with a kiss me quick hat on lol

If it's like when we went, you will be the one waiting at the bar while the staff serve all the Spanish first...:cry: So when you get served, get a few in..!!
Marjal was good for us but only as we were in the company of the Funsters, no way could I do a long term there but others seem to like it..

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
I will be there for January and February ! Excellent bar in Catral, Junes Long Bar !!! Great Sunday lunches !!!:thumb::thumb::thumb
San Felipe and Harry's bar great too !! You do need bikes though to get around !:Cool:

CarolynandMike

Free Member
Nov 21, 2009
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Liberty
Exp
since 2009
Hopefully we will also be spending some time at the new Marjal in early 2013. We didn't like it much when we arrived for the meet, but ended up staying a month.

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i wont have any trouble getting served i will send me wife and me sister to other end of the bar topless that way everyone will be at my end lol

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
i wont have any trouble getting served i will send me wife and me sister to other end of the bar topless that way everyone will be at my end lol

Will that apply at Waldegraves too? preferably on the saturday night so we can all get served quickly hehehehehehe

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
Hopefully we will also be spending some time at the new Marjal in early 2013. We didn't like it much when we arrived for the meet, but ended up staying a month.

Oh,interesting ::bigsmile: and you were going to tell me.............when ?:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Mike

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
not sure if Waldegraves applies she who must be obeyed aint sure if she is going so it might have toi b me topless lol

JohnH

Free Member
Jan 5, 2009
Southport
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
+14

The price for in excess of 61 days is €12.5 minus the 15 per cent fun discount equals €10.87. There is an additional charge of €.35 for a kilowatt of eleccy. I have just come back from there and this averaged out at about €1 per day (very hot with fans on most of the evening).
Hope that helps but check with their reception as to the correct price as it seems to vary. Two pitches behind where we were had been occupied since the day the site opened and their rates were totally different to all others.
I will be returning to Marjal on January 10 2013.
Happy camping wherever it may be.
John

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i just paid in advance through the cc 150quid for 30th till the 8th only done till the 8th in case we move on

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
contacted marjal to see if there was anything happening at new year at the site got a very swift reply from them
Dear Bill,
in the first place we want to thank you for your interest in our camping.
Of course we will have entertainment at our campsite new year’s eve as we do all the holidays!
I still don’t know exactly what entertainment we can expect but I guess some live music and of course our dinner at the restaurant we a great party afterwards.
The menu will be at 69€/person.
If you want to dine at our restaurant that evening I do suggest that you make reservations! For a stay on our campsite on a pitch, there will be no problem. For bungalows I wouls suggest quick booking too.
If you need any further information please feel free to contact us.
Kind regards,
Nancy.
glad to see they have entertainment booked but i hope me barbi works ok because at 69 euro for the restaurant they must be joking unless they are going to throw the waitress's in as well

alfandM

Free Member
Mar 12, 2012
sweden
Funster No
MH
A
Exp
This is NEW YEARS EVE, not a usual day and some folk have to work so at 69euro its not exspensive either and live music too, the mind boggles:whatthe:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well it is true we never go out on New Year these days, haven't for years and years - because it just got far too expensive and wasn't really all that great frankly!

It does have the advantage I suppose - if you both drink - that you can walk there and back whereas neither of us is that bothered, and normally one of you can't anyway cos of driving. So that's worth a bit extra.

Xmas Day is exactly the same.

We wouldn't pay 140 euros for two for one night (a night like that) either, so you ain't alone.

Unless someone tells me eg Marco Pierre White and Raymond Blanc are the chefs at Marjal, and I can pick every course myself, of course ..... LOL

ukbill

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 3, 2011
Pinoso
Funster No
MH
4 berth low profile
Exp
i reckon the music will be for all to listen to so no point in booking and paying all that dosh for a meal we will be quite happy to prop up the bar till the early hours then just fall off the stools straight our pits lol

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back