LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
We trade at Landrover shows and last year we attended one at Manby Airfield, Lincolnshire. Very good venue, plenty of hardstanding/water and dumping point only, no other facilities, no hook-up but genny would be OK. The weather was atrocious last year but a good time was had by all. Plenty of off-road activities, trade stands, spectator sports, evening entertainment with bar and food. Even though we were trading we arranged a meet for members of the Facts forum. First time we met Jock and Rita and other members.

We will be attending the show again this year.

If anyone is interested it is being held over the weekend of 27th, 28th & 29th June.

For any more information about the event visit - Link Removed

Last year we arranged a special price for motorhome owners, this year we can do it for the Fun forum if anyone is interested.

Nigel and Pamala

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Nigel

Will you be putting this up as a meet on the calendar with full details? I am sure you will get lots of interest.
We would like to go - just need to check how far it is for us - hate arriving late on a Friday eve!!

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Sharon
If anyone is interested we would love to. Last year was a blast but the weather tried very hard to ruin it.
IMHO the MUD RUN is the greatest laugh at the event.
. There is masses of space on grass but most of the hard standing next to the show itself is on a road, so if there are a few larger units we may make our own camp, but lets see what response we get. BTW with the deal we arranged last year it is a very cheap w/end.
If I remember correctly, if we organise ourselves, we can arrive on thursday pm. I will have to talk to show organisers to check.
Nigel

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Last year the weather ruined a lot of weekends! I can't believe it will be the same two years running........

I think if you get all the details and put it up as a meet, it will be a really good weekend:Smile:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
We trade at Landrover shows and last year we attended one at Manby Airfield, Lincolnshire. Very good venue, plenty of hardstanding/water and dumping point only, no other facilities, no hook-up but genny would be OK. The weather was atrocious last year but a good time was had by all. *Plenty of off-road activities, trade stands, spectator sports, evening entertainment with bar and food. Even though we were trading we arranged a meet for members of the Facts forum. First time we met Jock and Rita and other members.

We will be attending the show again this year.

If anyone is interested it is being held over the weekend of 27th, 28th & 29th June.

For any more information about the event visit - Link Removed

Last year we arranged a special price for motorhome owners, this year we can do it for the Fun forum if anyone is interested.

Nigel and Pamala

*That sounds fun.:thumb: and local again too.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
How come there's never anything local to us? :RollEyes:

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi
Today, we made a plan of the events that we would love to attend this summer with the 5th wheel, and apart from Peterborough and Billing they nearly all seem to be in the Lincs.-Leic. area. Sorry Linda we did not pick the venue for the Manby event.
Nigel

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
on and off for the whole of my existance
Manby

Hi Nigel,
Fantastic to hear some one else goes to land rover shows. We try to make most of them too. We will definatley be at Manby. Will be good to meet up with another landy owner.:thumb

We will try to make it to Billng this year as well, but we suffered a little with the mud last year. We really don't like getting that dirty.

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
Me and Rocky Rv's (Sharon) going with our Explorer's to pull the Landy boys out of the Muck:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
Geo

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
Challange excepted

Ok, I know we is new an all, but i am game for a bit of a challange. If you fancy a bit of fun, i hear the mud run is MUDDY, I am willing to break a habbit of not getting muddy, to accept your challange of your explorer against my landy. loser gets to walk the mud run, oh and buys a drink? If it's not been made clear enough yet, this is purely for fun and to provide hillarity for the spectators. What do ya wreckon?

R

RockieRV

Deleted User
Hi Nigel

So what do we need to do to book this one?:Smile:

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Sharon
I have spoken to the organisers and have got a special price for "Motor home Fun", it is £25 for the whole weekend, you can arrive on Thursday and leave on Monday.
You can book on-line or on -01427 616200. You MUST say you are with M/H FUN.

Geo you might think thats funny, but we had to get our Landy (and trailer) pulled off our pitch last year:Doh:
You could try the mud run if you want to, there are Land Rovers to pull you out:thumb: (and a digger)
See you there ?
Nigel & Pamala

OP
OP
Sundowners

Sundowners

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 30, 2007
Suffolk/Central Portugal
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
37 years
Hi Upmarkethippy (love the name)
D id you attend the Manby event last year????? You seem to have grasped the spirit of the event very quickly!!!!!There will be quite a few Land Rovers (plus some other 4x4s) there, one will be another m/h FUNster.
Nigel

Feb 25, 2008
Barril da Alva, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Caravan
Exp
hi Nigel,
We did not go to Manby last year, we did hear about it but were otherwise busy. As i can recall it was a little damp though. Hope this year will be a bit drier. Have driven a little of road in the past and we have been through a mud run at one of the large shows. Do you think the mud run at Manby will be like that???? Will you be haveing a go while you are there?? Will there be any facilities there for cleansing and possibly a valet.

U.M.H.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back