Lightweight walking boots ? (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Probably been asked before .. but anyway, been looking for a pair of lightweight waterproof walking boots.
Looked at a pair in Sports Direct that I liked, BRASHER Lithium GTX Men's Hiking Boots and at a great price £25 .. but not in my size , also on Field and trek (same company I think)

I think this style has been discontinued but a great buy if you find the correct size .. or from another supplier. The cheapest I've found in my size (9) is on [ame="http://www.amazon.co.uk/BRASHER-Lithium-Mens-Hiking-Boots/dp/B007UEA5MM"]Amazon [/ame]

so.. leaving these aside for the mo, any recommendations that won't break the bank ??

edit.. not wanting leather, I have a pair of Brasher Hillmaster and can't break them in.. been trying for three years

Last edited:
May 16, 2010
North Hykeham
Funster No
MH
Custom
Exp
much more now
Probably been asked before .. but anyway, been looking for a pair of lightweight waterproof walking boots.
Looked at a pair in Sports Direct that I liked, BRASHER Lithium GTX Men's Hiking Boots and at a great price £25 .. but not in my size , also on Field and trek (same company I think)

I think this style has been discontinued but a great buy if you find the correct size .. or from another supplier. The cheapest I've found in my size (9) is on Link Removed

so.. leaving these aside for the mo, any recommendations that won't break the bank ??

edit.. not wanting leather, I have a pair of Brasher Hillmaster and can't break them in.. been trying for three years

Have you trid rubbing neatsfoot oil on the inside a few times?...really softened some stiff leather I had the other week...

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Jim

The pair I got were Meindl , I could not get on with leather boots...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
Have you trid rubbing neatsfoot oil on the inside a few times?...really softened some stiff leather I had the other week...

thanks, will certainly give that a try.. never heard of it before..

I've tried over and over to break them in, wearing around the house for a few hours , then short walks.. last time I got about 2 miles from home and nearly had to crawl back .. ankles were both bleeding ..

I have the correct socks, they are a proper fit and lace them up properly, there is no apparent slipping .. yet they kill my ankles.. :Sad:

hence my looking for lightweight.. the ones I'm using are Berghaus but are falling apart , bought them about 12 years ago .. so they don't owe me anything, the leather Brashers were a replacement.

Last edited:

Xan

Free Member
Sep 25, 2012
Bristol
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
I'm new
His leather boots would have had a waterproof membrane like gore-tex on the inside so he'd not be able to rub any oil in.

jb0371old

Free Member
Jul 8, 2011
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
1 year

Always thought these were a cheap crappy shop, but they do have some good deals, cheap boots from next monday well thats what my brochure tells me.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back