Thetford Toilet C-200 not flusing? (1 Viewer)

AlphaPets

Free Member
Apr 4, 2012
Newport
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E795
Exp
Dear All,

Re:Thetford Toilet C-200 not flusing?

Our toilet appears to have an intermittent fault and does not always flush. The system has been thoroughly cleaned and the electrical contact points that I can see in the cassette housing area are clean and have been sprayed with WD40 and the system has water in it. However when the flush button is pressed it makes no noise(the power is on) also the waste tank level indicator has never worked. Advice please?

Thanks Gary

Bessacarr E795(2004)

:Doh:​

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I think there is a small blade fuse under there somewhere.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
A

AlphaPets

Free Member
Apr 4, 2012
Newport
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E795
Exp
The fuse appears fine, I'm guessing if it was blown, it wouldn't be an intermittent fault. :winky:

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
had similar problem 2 weeks back when you open the door to access the cassette, take cassette out and right up in the very top left (on mine) of the compartment there was a small block connector which had worked slack.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
it wouldn't be an intermittent fault. :winky:

" However when the flush button is pressed it makes no noise(the power is on) also the waste tank level indicator has never worked."

Fooled me.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
My Thetford C-402 packed in 6 weeks ago ( fitted to my not yet 1yr old Eldiss ), just stopped flushing completely, dead like the dodo !, checked the fuse and connector block in the cassette compartment, all fine, one dealer suggested that things may have "gummed up " between one outing and the next and to use a strong solution of Milton in the flushing tank, leave overnight and try again, did this but no joy,
It really is inconvenient not being able to flush the bloody thing after use and having to pour a solution down the loo by hand,
Despite the van still being under warranty, Eldiss are of no help whatsoever, referred me to the dealer who supplied the van, who are, due to me moving home again, a 7/8 hundred mile round trip away, bit far and a bit too much to spend on fuel don't you think, to rectify a small fault,
I did contact the supplying dealer who mentioned that they had a few returned with the same problem, gave me advice to remove/dismantle the flushng mechanism panel, check it with voltage tester, which I am quite happy to do, but, of course as soon as I touch it, the warranty is void, catch twenty two situation I guess !,
I have contacted a couple of Eldiss dealers up here in Scotland, who, quite frankly, do not want to know, then emailed Thetford for their nearest dealer , but no reply, so I am a little pissed off, I feel I an going round in circles getting nowhere
Is this common for Manufacturers to fob off faulty products after purchase, and offer no help or assistance with their ranges, when things go wrong, makes me wonder why I bothered buying new !, :cry: :helpsos:

Beerdrinker :drink: I NEED ONE NOW !!!!!!

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
silly question but do the taps work in the van???

my c200 takes its water from the fresh tank and uses the main water pump.
the indicator light only comes on when the cassette is very close to being full to the top.

TheBig1

LIFE MEMBER
Nov 27, 2011
Dorset
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
many many years! since I was a kid
the intermittent flush is clearly a sticky switch or bad connection. both easily sorted. or at worst a faulty pump as with the other fault above

first do a visual check and make sure all wiring is tight then check 12v available with a meter

if all appears ok unclip the switch panel

use a short legth of wire to bypass switch. if it works replace switch

if not disconnect pump and if you can, apply 12v to the pump wires.

just thought, with some versions its not a pump but an electric valve, so you dont hear a pump in the toilet, you hear the vans pump run for a few seconds. but checking it is the same as above.... try 12v on the valve wires
if the pump wont work direct from the battery or has gone intermittent it is better replaced than repaired as it will only fail again later

these toilets really are simple to disassemble and work on, and all parts are readily available. simple diy skills only required

Last edited:
May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi mine stopped working while in devon last month popped into Marquis Ivybridge ,engineer found fault pump had siezed new pump fitted , fine now. apparently common fault . £35 new pump.
Terry:Cool:

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hi Gary,
the following is a copy of a post I have just put on Beerdrinkers post who has a similar problem and it could apply to yours as well;

"Hi Beerdrinker, we have the Thetford C-250 but get the same problem if someone pushes the flush button too hard.
If yours is the same as ours then you need to pull the flush button panel away from the wall and you will find there is a circuit board with a micro switch behind it which just needs to be pushed back into it's holding clips and carefully replace the panel.
Hope you will soon be flushed with success :thumb:"

I hope this will solve your problem.

Brian

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
My Thetford C-402 packed in 6 weeks ago ( fitted to my not yet 1yr old Eldiss ), just stopped flushing completely, dead like the dodo !, checked the fuse and connector block in the cassette compartment, all fine, one dealer suggested that things may have "gummed up " between one outing and the next and to use a strong solution of Milton in the flushing tank, leave overnight and try again, did this but no joy,
It really is inconvenient not being able to flush the bloody thing after use and having to pour a solution down the loo by hand,
Despite the van still being under warranty, Eldiss are of no help whatsoever, referred me to the dealer who supplied the van, who are, due to me moving home again, a 7/8 hundred mile round trip away, bit far and a bit too much to spend on fuel don't you think, to rectify a small fault,
I did contact the supplying dealer who mentioned that they had a few returned with the same problem, gave me advice to remove/dismantle the flushng mechanism panel, check it with voltage tester, which I am quite happy to do, but, of course as soon as I touch it, the warranty is void, catch twenty two situation I guess !,
I have contacted a couple of Eldiss dealers up here in Scotland, who, quite frankly, do not want to know, then emailed Thetford for their nearest dealer , but no reply, so I am a little pissed off, I feel I an going round in circles getting nowhere
Is this common for Manufacturers to fob off faulty products after purchase, and offer no help or assistance with their ranges, when things go wrong, makes me wonder why I bothered buying new !, :cry: :helpsos:

Beerdrinker :drink: I NEED ONE NOW !!!!!!

It's common for Elddis as they won't deal directly with customers.
I have several e-mails and phone calls which Elddis have ignored.

I now have an Auto-trail.

OP
OP
A

AlphaPets

Free Member
Apr 4, 2012
Newport
Funster No
MH
Bessacar E795
Exp
Had a Motorhome Service engineer looking at doing some work to our motorhome and I mentioned the toilet. He said if you remove the panel to the flush mechanism, you need to replace the entire unit and use sealant when putting it back together. He made it sound like a big job.

Mar 18, 2012
Loch Lomond Scotland
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2011
Had a Motorhome Service engineer looking at doing some work to our motorhome and I mentioned the toilet. He said if you remove the panel to the flush mechanism, you need to replace the entire unit and use sealant when putting it back together. He made it sound like a big job.

I decided to have a look at the faulty unit on mine and dismantled it in about two seconds flat ( almost as though they knew there was an inbuilt fault and wanted to make access easy !, may be different on every model mine is C-402,
I checked the power supply with a tester and found power was ok, so guess that the unit is faulty,
So still no flush,but at least, no marks on unit so that when I finally get a dealer to look at it under warranty, no way they can say I have invalidated the warranty by "messing about",

Beerdrinker :thumb: :drink:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
can you not gain access to the rear of the panel from the cassette door????

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back