Marquis Durham & Kimberley Burtree (1 Viewer)

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Had a nice couple of hours at Marquis opening with Dick & Barbara (Dellwood) today.

Marquis have quite large stock of motorhomes (and a few caravans) in at the moment, far more than when we visited the former Brownhills on that site last January. Nice buffet as well.

On the way back home we called in at Kimberley Caravans who have taken over the former Barrons/Discover site at Burtree Gate as I had heard they were selling new Hymers. Yes they are, and also have a small number of used motorhomes as well as caravans on site. I believe they are also offering Hymer servicing at Burtree which might save more northerly members having to go as far as Newark.

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Had a nice couple of hours at Marquis opening with Dick & Barbara (Dellwood) today.

Marquis have quite large stock of motorhomes (and a few caravans) in at the moment, far more than when we visited the former Brownhills on that site last January. Nice buffet as well.

On the way back home we called in at Kimberley Caravans who have taken over the former Barrons/Discover site at Burtree Gate as I had heard they were selling new Hymers. Yes they are, and also have a small number of used motorhomes as well as caravans on site. I believe they are also offering Hymer servicing at Burtree which might save more northerly members having to go as far as Newark.

I am dying to know what was in your goody bag!! Was it, a years free servicing or £3000 discount off a motorhome or a sat dish or a bag of sweets.
Wilf

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I am dying to know what was in your goody bag!! Was it, a [HI]years free servicing or £3000 discount off a motorhome or a sat dish[/HI] or a bag of sweets.
Wilf

Much better than any of that:
Caravan Club sites book; Caravan Magazine Motor Caravan & Camping Parks book; Caravan Club pencil; Safeguard pen; Safeguard post it pad; Marquis note pad; Marquis coaster (triangular with rounded corners, not your common round or square rubbish) and a sticky toffee lolly.
I was so moved I was almost underwhelmed.

Nice buffet though ::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
Goody Bag contents were as follows:-
Carrier Bag, full designer spec with Marquis badging
Caravan & Holiday Parks 2012 book
A Marquis Pen
A Caravan Club Pencil
A Fruity Pops Lollipop - possibly pineapple :Smile:
Safeguard Post it Pad
Marquis Note Pad
A strange strap affair from Safeguard with magnets on both ends - haven't a clue what this is for ::bigsmile:
A triangular coaster in bright yellow with Automarq warrantee advert

I did discover that the storage area is re-opening and I will probably go along next week to sort out a space as I am not 100% happy with my current storage with regards to security

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Much better than any of that:
Caravan Club sites book; Caravan Magazine Motor Caravan & Camping Parks book; Caravan Club pencil; Safeguard pen; Safeguard post it pad; Marquis note pad; Marquis coaster (triangular with rounded corners, not your common round or square rubbish) and a sticky toffee lolly.
I was so moved I was almost underwhelmed.

Nice buffet though ::bigsmile:

A Marquis Pen
A Caravan Club Pencil
A Fruity Pops Lollipop - possibly pineapple :Smile:
Safeguard Post it Pad
Marquis Note Pad
A strange strap affair from Safeguard with magnets on both ends - haven't a clue what this is for ::bigsmile:

I did discover that the storage area is re-opening and I will probably go along next week to sort out a space as I am not 100% happy with my current storage with regards to security

That's got Christmas presents sorted then :winky:

gozomike

Funster Life Member
LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
A Marquis Pen
A Caravan Club Pencil
A[HI] Fruity Pops Lollipop - possibly pineapple [/HI]:Smile:
Safeguard Post it Pad
Marquis Note Pad

Didn't Rossie tell you then :roflmto:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
the strange magnetic strap affair thing could possibly be a bookmark:thumb:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
I've been done, I never got one of those :Angry::Angry:

Nor did I:cry:

Nice buffet, thought MH's a bit pricey, then wemt along to Camper NE some good discounts on Hobbies especially the outgoing Toskana's but rubbish trade in price offered - 25k for Sept 2010 registered Tracker EKS (unseen) They obviously didn't want to sell me a new MH:Eeek:

OP
OP
G

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Nor did I:cry:

Nice buffet, thought MH's a bit pricey, then wemt along to Camper NE some good discounts on Hobbies especially the outgoing Toskana's but rubbish trade in price offered - 25k for Sept 2010 registered Tracker EKS (unseen) They obviously didn't want to sell me a new MH:Eeek:

Didn't realise you were there Stewart, sorry to have missed you - I did have my fun badge on my hat for recognition ::bigsmile:

Forget to mention earlier that we did see Pablomc in the accessory shop on his lunch break from the 4 letter word ::bigsmile:

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Didn't realise you were there Stewart, sorry to have missed you - I did have my fun badge on my hat for recognition ::bigsmile:

Forget to mention earlier that we did see Pablomc in the accessory shop on his lunch break from the 4 letter word ::bigsmile:

Sorry I missed you guys, we need more discreet enamel lapel type badges methinks, wonder if Jim could oblige! :Cool:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
If you want to get a quote from Fattorini's for enamel jobs, I can recommend them.

http://www.fattorini.co.uk/fattorini_home.aspx

Mind you I've only had a 'Chairman's Jewel' made for a 'learned society'. Not badges. My mom used work there and as one of her many tasks have to type the names out for all the nurses badges for the RCN at one time, ready for the badge makers. Then check all the names were right after, before they were sent out.

It was OK if their name was Jane Smith - she could pretty well guarantee Jane would be ecstatically happy with it, but despite her being at great pains to spell all the more exotic/unfamiliar names absolutely correctly, her rejection rate was pretty high ! :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
PS next time you get a pineapple flavoured lolly, please email it to me. My favourite flavour!

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back