Bayonne, Biarritz, San Sebastian camp sites needed (1 Viewer)

peterpan44

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
Watton Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
Hi All,
We have travelled down as far as La Rochelle but the weather has not been that good and it rained all last night.

We are planning on driving down to Bayonne, Biarritz and maybe even San Sebastian as the temp should be up to 29 degrees this weekend.

We plan to drive down this afternoon and thought we would ask about any places to stay preferably near the beach.

Thankyou
Peter, Liz and Taylor

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
The aire at Capbreton is right on the beach with a 16A ehu ,with drive over dump points .. an easy walk into town.. it was €6 but that was three years ago ..

GPS 43.635944,-1.447044

Google map

Zoom in for Street View

Last edited:
Oct 12, 2008
Balma (next to Toulouse) France
Funster No
MH
HymerCamp 51Capucine
Exp
Since 2011/owner since 6/03/2014
http://www.larrouleta.com/

You have an English version of the site . I don't think it is near the beach , but do check!

Motorhomes hardstanding pitches

I have been there just with my car, and they were very nice. you can have WIFI for a little amount. Washing mashines . Toilets are clean . Very convenient place on the way to San Sebastian (I was coming back home from Portugal so stopped there just after San Sebastian).

Happy travels

Frankie:Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

philk

Free Member
Jul 21, 2011
Lancs
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since 2000
Biarritz

Hi Guys,

Just been on Pavillion Royal. Close to Biarritz, good shop and beach.

Phil

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Aire at Anglet (just N of Biarritz) very close to beach, or Aire at Avenue Milady close to Marbella Plage and Leclerc supermarket just south of Biarritz centre. Ave Milady has electricity thrown in but not enough for all parking spots. Anglet is quieter. Both Aires are on the Navette Plages bus route that goes through the centre of Biarritz. The third Aire at La Barre, a bit closer to Bayonne is (I believe) summer only.

Closer to Bayonne centre I've seen campers overnighting in the car park next to the Pont Grenet but that was during the Fetes de Bayonne so it might have been an exception.

Aug 11, 2012
Pembrokeshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 1975 on and off.
Travelled down from La Rochelle end of August. Caught ferry across from Royan (not cheap) and followed coast down. Capbreton aire is by the beach with hook up, big space I think it was €10, toilet available coin operated,one only. Stayed at Milady Aire, Biarritz lack of points was overcome by others with their adapters! If the tide is out nice flat walk along the beach, if tide in and you don't fancy walk up the hill be warned we were not allowed to take our collie on the bus!
Hope you find some sun!::Smile:
Phil

OP
OP
peterpan44

peterpan44

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
Watton Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
The aire at Capbreton is right on the beach with a 16A ehu ,with drive over dump points .. an easy walk into town.. it was €6 but that was three years ago ..

GPS 43.635944,-1.447044

This is an amazing place. We have stayed there 2 nights. The sea looked so inviting despite the 20ft+ waves. 7.50 Euros per night with hookup When we left this morning the site was nearly full and holds about 250 motorhomes.

OP
OP
peterpan44

peterpan44

Free Member
Nov 26, 2011
Watton Norfolk
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2012
http://www.larrouleta.com/

You have an English version of the site . I don't think it is near the beach , but do check!

Motorhomes hardstanding pitches

I have been there just with my car, and they were very nice. you can have WIFI for a little amount. Washing mashines . Toilets are clean . Very convenient place on the way to San Sebastian (I was coming back home from Portugal so stopped there just after San Sebastian).

Happy travels

Frankie:Smile:

We have moved onto this site an hour ago. Looks very nice but have not explored everything yet. Internet is slow but works. going to investigate the pool in a little while. the temp was up to near 30 degree's yesterday but a bit cooler today as there is some cloud.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back