LIFE MEMBER
Mar 16, 2010
Warwickshire - sometimes - but not often
Funster No
MH
Wildax Constellation
Exp
Since August 2008
I just switched off and went into a shopping centre, when I returned a couple of hours later the GPS would not restart.:shout: Ok I had sworn at it a few times, especially when it took me off a good dual carriageway through a village and then back onto the same dual carriageway, but to stop working!:Sad: I managed to find the camp site I was aiming for by using the good old method of looking at a map. When on site I then had a good look at the GPS (Garmin) to see if there was a reset button or pin hole, it was not obvious where one was was but I did find one eventually by looking at the manual which I had on the laptop. It worked.:thumb: I had not liked the idea of driving the 2,000 miles back to the UK without it working, especially trying to find the camps/aires.

I wonder how many people using GPS’s know where the reset button is or have the manual with them. It might be worth looking for it before a problem occurs.

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Thanks Mike. I got a case for my Garmin 1300T when I bought it and keep the little outline (Pamphlet) manual in there. Just checked and on mine you keep the power button pressed for 10 seconds to reset it.

The Tom Tom Go 300 I used to have was a bit fiddly. It needed a straightened paper clip pushing into a reset hole somewhere.

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Thanks Mike. I got a case for my Garmin 1300T when I bought it and keep the little outline (Pamphlet) manual in there. Just checked and on mine you keep the power button pressed for 10 seconds to reset it.

The Tom Tom Go 300 I used to have was a bit fiddly. It needed a [HI]straightened paper clip pushing into a reset hole somewhere[/HI].

This may not solve the TT problem but it may well put a smile on its face:winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back