LPG Tank (1 Viewer)

Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
A friend of mine wants to free up some space in her Hobby Van Exclusive TO500 GESC by putting an underslung LPG tank on it, so, can anyone recommend a decent company to do it in Wiltshire and do you know if its possible on this model with a Transit base.:thanks:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
personally i would weigh the van first and calculate the available spare weight before going down this route as once you create space you will fill it and it could potentially make you overweight which can cause no end of problems from a slapped wrist and a fine to making you illegal by taking you over your driving licence weight limit thus rendering you no better than an uninsured driver who doesn't hold a licence.

chances are your friend will be ok but [HI]it can[/HI] happen like this.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
I assume it's a TL 500, not a TO 500 (which I don't think exists?).

Having a gas tank installed isn't cheap and depending on the size of the existing gas locker, she may not actually gain that much usable space, it might be worth instead considering having a Beeny box if there room to fit one.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
TheDogMan
Mar 29, 2011
Rugby UK
Funster No
MH
C Class RS
Exp
I assume it's a TL 500, not a TO 500 (which I don't think exists?).

Having a gas tank installed isn't cheap and depending on the size of the existing gas locker, she may not actually gain that much usable space, it might be worth instead considering having a Beeny box if there room to fit one.

Yes its a TL 500, I think its a FWD Transit so the first question is will a smallish LPG tank fit underneath, the reason is to free up the present bottle location which is in the garage, this would give more room for and access to the 4 dogs who travel in the garage to dog shows.

Dave

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back