LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Yesterday and today keep getting this popup when I visit MHF.
do you want to open or save jload.js from pixel.adsafeprotected.com?
Open Save Cancel

Anyone know what it is?
How do I get rid?

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
I had a do you want to install an update........ i declined as i didnt know what i'd be installing and if we would be charged as it was talking about licences etc.
Ralphs working away at the moment , he sees to everything techie:Blush: .
Its popped up a couple of times now.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Lots of articles about Java recently.....most saying that is dangerous
and explaining how to uninstall it. Computeractive magazine is running an article on how to get rid of it.

Im not savvy enough to know what it does....but it does have known security weaknesses and can allow nasties into your back door and right into your back passage !!!!

be careful out there

barry

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Sounds like a virus

If your regular anti virus hasn't caught it , time to change ... I use MS Security Essentials

also

Download and run a scan with

Malwarebytes

and

Spybot

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
Last edited:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Hi, i didnt get this message because about a month ago i turned of Java Script on my browser.

likewise.. it was discussed on this thread

Broken Link Removed

johnp10

Free Member
Oct 12, 2009
North Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
8 years ish
I'm getting it too, only on MHF.
I dont have Java installed.
Now getting a "view downloads" box coming up regularly.

Last edited:

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
I have just started to recieve this annoying pop-up in the last hour, don't know where it comes from, but is very annoying, have done a Norton scan, but still popping up occasionally, I do not have anything Java in any of my programmes. :Angry:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
I have just started to recieve this annoying pop-up in the last hour, don't know where it comes from, but is very annoying, have done a Norton scan, but still popping up occasionally, I do not have anything Java in any of my programmes. :Angry:

Hi, Java can get installed in any browser in a minute of less attention. Check your browser(s) to double-check it is not installed nor enabled

Paul

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
I've been reading about this tonight. Do a search for that term in google and it brings up a slew of questions about it just like the OPs. Most from the last couple of days.

Seems it has something to do with outdated Java in your browser, maybe reacting to a served up Google advert. Appears to mostly (exclusively?) affecting IE users. Doesn't appear to be anything to worry about (as long as you download nowt:Smile:)

If I hear anything else I'll shout here, please do the same:thumb:

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
Like Jim says, lots of people blaming Java when you Google. Not getting the problem here yet, but I'm using a Firefox-like browser.

Java and Javascript are two completely different things, so just because it's a Javascript (.js) file doesn't mean it's anything to do with the Java exploits mentioned recently, or Java viruses.

My first thought is an incorrectly configured or recognized Javascript file on the server (jload.js) - it's almost as if it's not being recognized as Javascript and the default in these cases is to ask you if the file should be opened or saved. Seems to point to a tiny GIF file that's being used to record IP addresses of people triggering the script - a common trick for logging visits and usually not sinister.

Do seem to be an awful lot of people blaming Java though (or the Java plugin in the browser) - maybe out of date versions are failing to handle jload.js properly?

Last edited:

Onderweg

Funster
Jul 17, 2008
Vlissingen, Holland
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
As of April 2008
I've been reading about this tonight. Do a search for that term in google and it brings up a slew of questions about it just like the OPs. Most from the last couple of days.

Seems it has something to do with outdated Java in your browser, maybe reacting to a served up Google advert. Appears to mostly (exclusively?) affecting IE users. Doesn't appear to be anything to worry about (as long as you download nowt:Smile:)

If I hear anything else I'll shout here, please do the same:thumb:

Fully agree Jim,
and i dont think the error reported by ShitZZ is some sort of virus

But..
the exploit in Java/Javascript exists and is a threat so i advice to disable it

Regards
Paul and Ineke

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Disable java you dont need it

I have Java disabled in all my browsers. Rarely do i need to turn it on. It seems its full of holes and flaws and we are safer without it. how to disable it

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back