last year 30 degrees to day cold (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Gravesend in Kent on the 1st October last year registered 30 degree.. to day it is raining and less than 15 degree... what is going on with the weather ??????

Bob:winky:

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Trouble is, ALL the weather seems to be the bloody same ( as in absolute poo !!!!! )

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Gravesend in Kent on the 1st October last year registered 30 degree.. to day it is raining and less than 15 degree... what is going on with the weather ??????
Bob:winky:
Driving into NY last week along the I-95 on a section of road works that was without road markings, I have never seen such rain, couldn't see the end of the bonnet. We pulled off the motorway and floated until we came to a halt. It happened to be a real gem of a place. Not in that rain but a return trip was on the cards later.
We gave NY a miss and attempted to stick to the scenic route back. The floods were unbelievable, cars with water up to their windows, mansions with gardens submerged all around us but we managed to stay on high ground and had an interesting trip back. So it is not just Kent that is getting plenty of rain.:winky:

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
Suffolk Coast

No doubt summer and in particular the early part was poor , May and June were awful ,.. but from the middle of July until a couple of weeks ago, we've had really good weather.. an odd shower.. but nothing to complain about ..
Today it is miserable .. just a steady drizzle ..

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
No he was complaining about hosepipe bans and a lack of hot weather, ban introduced after about a week of above normal for the time of year temps and a dryish winter, and once introduced the country was deluged again and again and again etc. Crops are laying in water round here ruined, cut hay and straw ruined, none of them grew to their usual height or brightness of colour and now just a horrible brown colour laying on the fields to say nothing of other crops that have 'drowned' in the over wet soil

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
I was only winding him up, Maggie ::bigsmile:

Yes, crops have suffered this year. We've had very few apples and what cherries, plums and elderberries there were have been taken by the birds. It's very sad to see crops rotting in fields but - as a representative from the apple industry said on TV a week or two ago - this may be a bad year but last year was a good one and that's the way it goes.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
that was then

Forgive me, Bob, but weren't you complaining about hot weather and hosepipe bans earlier this year? :ROFLMAO:

That was then.. not today.. I want my cake and eat it:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: over all the weather has not been very good this year.

Bob

Last edited:

aba

Free Member
Oct 27, 2009
yorkshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
dec 2009
i think its to do with that global warming thing people keep going on about.

so the planet is getting warmer and the ice caps are melting so there is more water in the sea however as it needs to be warm for water to evaporate into clouds it must have been very warm somewhere to give us all this rain.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back