Best site in October (2 Viewers)

Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Hi All, back again for more advice! we are about to book a second visit to France in mid Oct. for 7 -10 days. I would be interested in any recommendations for the costal region between Calias and Brest.

Idealy, we would like to be some where reasonably quite and scenic but within walking distance to the beach and a villiage/town so we can be socable when the mood takes us, if you catch my drift.

Thanks again in advance,

Philip.

L

Lindy-C

Deleted User
No replies to Philip's question yet......can anyone help?

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
French Sites

Philip - I don't know the size of your motorhome but due to Lindy's heartfelt plea I can give you a couple of all-year RV sites that I know of.

Link Removed - English owned and spoken - will take a 40ft RV on grass with 6amp hookups. Lat: 48.2304 Long: -3.3030 Between Brest and Rennes.

Camping du Haras Bretagne sud Morbihan Vannes - English spoken - will take at least a 30ft RV on grass with either 4amp or 10 amp electric hookups. Lat: 47.7301 Long: -2.7474

Bit further inland toward Paris:

Paris Vacations - Paris Tourism - Paris Hotels Guide - Paris France - will take at least a 30ft on grass - Lat: 48.8680 Long: 2.2347

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Many Kind thanks for you reply, we have a 5 berth Mclouis Lagan which is ideal for me and my wife and helps me keep running, ferry and storage costs reasonably low. So there should not be a problem with access to any of these sites.

Thanks again,
Philip

moandick

Free Member
Jul 28, 2007
Landrake, Cornwall
Funster No
MH
Euro-shed
Exp
40 +
Sorry, Philip - the last website has reverted to the Paris Tourism Board but it should direct you to Camping Bois de Boulogne, Allee de Bord de L'Eau, 75016, Paris.

2escapees

Deleted User
Save your money use the aires de service throughout Brittany. If this appeals I send you a list. Let me know.

thefman

Free Member
Sep 4, 2007
notts
Funster No
MH
low profile
Exp
since 2000
Save your money use the aires de service throughout Brittany. If this appeals I send you a list. Let me know.

i agree, theres a few sites open that time of year but far better on the aires:Smile:

OP
OP
PhilandMena
Feb 9, 2008
Corby, Northants
Funster No
MH
Coach Built
Exp
Since 2007
Thanks Mike, I never considered the Aires, in fact, we have yet to use one as this will be our first time into France with a MH this year!
I would appreciate the list sounds like it's worth considering.

Regards,
Philip

haganap

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2007
planet earth
Funster No
MH
Carthago C Tourer
Exp
I'm an oldbie MH number 9
as stated philip, personally I would use aires. It will keep your costs well down and give you good access in to towns etc. I have the book all the aires in English which is advertised on the right hand side of this site. A worthwhile book, but also aire de camping car book is good if you can speak a little French. ACSI disc is always useful if you get stuck. Or you can research prior to travel here, Link Removed

If you still want to keep your costs down yet stay on a site, try selecting municple sites, these are much cheaper with decent facilities. I have a few little gems of both aires and muninciple sites dotted around France that we have used. is their a specific town you are looking to go to? October is a loverly time for going to France.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back