Campaign to establish Australia's first motorhome park (1 Viewer)

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
An aire by any other name...

could this plan not be shown to our local councils who may just see the financial benefits ?

062042-motor-homes.jpg

It will be the first major RV park in any Australian capital city, if the plan is approved by the South Australian Government and Port Adelaide Enfield Council.

The Caravan and Motorhome Club of Australia wants to use the empty land adjacent Dock One in the heart of Port Adelaide as a park for up to 100 motorhomes; providing an economic boost to the area.

CMCA representative Kevin Collins said the proposal would inject tourism dollars into the local community and provide RV owners with a central metropolitan location to stay.
Link Removed

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
why do you need a camp site

I cannot understand why you need a camp site... just park up where you want... the place is big enough.... does not take long to get out of town and in to the open country side. :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
But do we have any [HI]empty[/HI] land in this country which could be described as a "central metropolitan location" where motorhomers would like an aire? I suspect not.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
But do we have any [HI]empty[/HI] land in this country which could be described as a "central metropolitan location" where motorhomers would like an aire? I suspect not.

Absolutely we do, I can think of at least one even in central London.
It's in a beautiful situation, mainly grass pitches with a lake & very secure. It has easy access being bordered on three sides by the A302, the A3214 and Constitution Hill.
:thumb::winky:

OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang

Plenty of footie stadiums that could be put to better use, all have excellent showing and toilet facilities (so I am led to believe) :winky:

Last edited:
OP
OP
scotjimland

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Funster No
MH
A Woosh bang
And no need for heating - you could pump hot air from the Scottish Parliament across the road :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

more than likely .. but it at least it won't be Tory hot air :roflmto:

Dec 28, 2011
Stokesley, North Yorks
Funster No
MH
JoaCamp75Q by Pilote
Exp
Still learning since 2010
The Caravan Club have a site on the banks of the River Tees at the Tees Barrage. It has a foody pub within 200 yards and is very close to Middlesbrough and Stockton town centres, with Teesside retail park within walking distance across the A66. This has food outlets as well as a large supermarket (Morrisons) as well as the usual array of shops. The North Yorks Moors are only 8 or so miles away and there are loads of touristy things to do in the area (Capt James Cook heritage trail is just one of them).

If it can work on Teesside it can work anywhere. :thumb:

PS I have no connection to the CC, I'm not even a member.

Last edited:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
There are other CC sites (probably C&CC and private as well) in close proximity to towns &c as White Water is. Trouble is they charge fees to stay and that will put off many people who decry the fact that their are few UK aires ::bigsmile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back