Motorhome storage in Spain (1 Viewer)

Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi

Next month we are planning a trip through France down to Costa Blanca does anyone know of any storage where we can leave our motorhome for a month.

Also what documents do I need regarding the vehicle for driving through both countries.

Any other advice would be appreciated.

Thanks Joyce.

Ambilkate

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 15, 2009
Shropshire
Funster No
MH
HYMER 654
Exp
since 2006
Our mate Tonka a funster on here used storage this year in Spain. I know he put a thread up about it. I daresay he will reply to your question in the next few days.

Kate

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
Along the same road as "Camping Florantilles" Near San Miguel, Just north of Torrevieja) about 2 miles on the left, Towards Los Montesenos is secure storage...

Loads of Yank RV`s and caravans & Boats...

A friend of mine leaves his RV there and never has any problem.. :thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
http://www.euronautica.com/main.php?lang=en&section1=parking&section2=home

Here ya goo.......

I used them in August this year, ... Dutch owned company been there in Spain a long time. Offers both indoor and outdoor storage... Very friendly and proffessional outfit.
Any questions just PM me...

Ref travel documents, you need to carry originals of all following.
Driving license both photo and paper parts.
v5 log book
Insurance certificate.
MOT if applicable.

Aug 21, 2008
skegness
Funster No
MH
Autosleeper Symbol
Exp
Van Conversion
Storage Benidorm

Stones Parking Benidorm on the Road to albir opposite camping Villamar, I believe they have there own web page, also Camping Raco have storage

Alan

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I meant to mention Stones but just having a brand new van and seeing the " yard" at Stones, prefered to use the one at Calpe.
Think Stones have something to do with the storage at El raco.

Best idea is if your going to go down that way you can check them out as you pass... Remember you have no chance of getting your insurance company to cover the vehicle.!!!

lunarman

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2008
South Glos
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
since 1994
Is there an insurance implication in leaving your van stored in Spain.

A friend of mine sold his MH and bought a 5th wheeler because the insurers would not cover his MH if he left it in Spain, but he could get cover for the 5th wheeler because it was treated as a caravan.

Lunarman

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Is there an insurance implication in leaving your van stored in Spain.

A friend of mine sold his MH and bought a 5th wheeler because the insurers would not cover his MH if he left it in Spain, but he could get cover for the 5th wheeler because it was treated as a caravan.

Lunarman

As far as I am aware, having checked with Safeguard for myself and reading other comments on forums, they do not cover a motorhome thats left un-attended for more than a set period (may be 48 hours from memory).. Have always assumed this was out of the country BUT could well apply here in UK as well. If it's at it's stated parking area when not in use like your driveway or secure UK storage then should be covered..
Now off to find the policy and see if it's mentioned there...

See what u started now. !!! :winky:

OP
OP
hoot007
Aug 19, 2010
trawden lancs
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Hi

Thanks for all your comments. When we get back on Wednesday I will ring the insurers (Comfort) and will post what they say.

Joyce.

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Here is the safeguard answer from the policy booklet.
Page 8, General conditions no 17..

"your motorhome must not be left unattended in a foreign country, whilst you return to the UK"...

I have took the risk a few times, usually just for a few days, leaving van on campsites wnd asking fellow campers to keep a watch over.
The last time it was in Storage at Euronautica for 3 weeks while we were at an apartment in Benidorm.. Dont know how thats stands, as technically I had not returned to the uk.:Blush:

Swede

Free Member
Aug 26, 2016
Sweden
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sky Travellor
Exp
2 years
Do not leave your caravan or camper van with Stones Parking in Benidorm. I regret doing so. My camper van was broken into and they had no idea when it happened. They refused to accept responsibility or compensate despite the fact that they promise 24 hour monitoring with guard dogs. I never received straight answers to any questions. Be warned !

Xabia

Free Member
Jan 20, 2011
Rural Nottinghamshire and Spain
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 1996
If you are flying out of Alicante the best storage place is royalparking, just outside the airport, they bus you in and out again when you return. Used them for years when I kept a car there, totally professional.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back