Disabled access ex police MH (1 Viewer)

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Link Removed

Automatic, low miles....................................£15k - got to be a good start for someone:Smile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Good for someone who wants to be able to adapt a motorhome to their own requirements without loosing loads in value in the process.

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
OK so what is different to a standard one

I have looked at the photos.. so what is different to a standard one? the door does not look anything special and I can see a grab rail in side so no lift?

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
I have looked at the photos.. so what is different to a standard one? the door does not look anything special and I can see a grab rail in side so no lift?

Bob:Blush:

You've said it yourself - being disabled is not the same for everyone - the wider door and a pair of ramps would make all the difference to some :Smile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
True

You've said it yourself - being disabled is not the same for everyone - the wider door and a pair of ramps would make all the difference to some :Smile:

True.... but when I see something suggesting or saying disabled i presume it has something to assist disabled people. I can see less in the vehicle given that the over cab bed has gone. So in effect it is a mobile office that needs to be converted back.

I suspect it is a fair price given it is an automatic on a Mercedes. But other than that advantage it does not sell it's self as suitable for a disabled person.. perhaps my views of being disabled are different to the company selling it... Perhaps just another word to help them advertise it... what do I know:winky:

Bob

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
I have looked at the pics and other than the slightly wider door and a grab rail I cannot see anything more-it must be simply because it has a wider door and auto ::bigsmile:I have also looked at the pics and to be honest I think it would need totaly ripping out and start from scratch to fit a loo and shower in - theres a lot of outside lockers to think about :Smile: to position a shower and loo :Eeek: The only simple job they describe is to turn the overcab bed back :thumb: but then most people use them as sheds so why bother you may as well leave it as cupboards ::bigsmile:Cannot see where you could even put a double bed without moving kitchen area forward and making a u'ey :winky:
terry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
toilet inside one of the seats .forget shower . flannel wash . but 10 grand is more like it .
as with many things converting from one thing to another is hopeless far easier to start from an empty box .
having over the years worked with ambulances ,library vans, telecom trucks etc . far better an empty box . once you start moving things nothing works .

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
toilet inside one of the seats .forget shower .

That is all that is needed for some. My wife is disabled and we always use site facilities for showers,

The advertiser has only claimed that it is handicapped accessible with a disabled door.

If someone is in a wheelchair, ramps and a winch would get them on board, it has everything else including aircon and an onboard genny.

If something like this was available a year ago when I bought our present van I would have had a look at it:Smile:

Addie

Trader - Motorhome Wifi
Oct 15, 2011
York
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Shame it doesn't come with the original graphics :ROFLMAO:

Picture of the actual van:

Link Removed

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
That is all that is needed for some. My wife is disabled and we always use site facilities for showers,

The advertiser has only claimed that it is handicapped accessible with a disabled door.

If someone is in a wheelchair, ramps and a winch would get them on board, it has everything else including aircon and an onboard genny.

If something like this was available a year ago when I bought our present van I would have had a look at it:Smile:

All very well looking but doing is a very different thing ::bigsmile: lots of things to comprises but I can see the plus side's for anyone handy like me ::bigsmile:
Terry

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
hi folk managed for years with out showers and baths . it could fit loads of folk really . but its still a bit pricey . given what it is .
think a good company could soon re-graphic it . be good for wilding then the locals would think there as been a crime committed and leave you alone . bit of blue and white tape btween a few trees and a white tent . ha ha .
even better if youyr mate as an ambulance conversion . hee hee .

OP
OP
Barclaybasher
Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
All very well looking but doing is a very different thing ::bigsmile: lots of things to comprises but I can see the plus side's for anyone handy like me ::bigsmile:
Terry

Every MH is a compromise

As a semi-retired plumber/builder I think even I could fit a portapotti:Smile:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile:
Every MH is a compromise

As a semi-retired plumber/builder I think even I could fit a portapotti:Smile:

::bigsmile: I thought we were doing a proper job :winky:
This Link Removed would be good for the money, not a lot to mess around with:winky:
Terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back