Apple Safari v Admiral Multi car (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
As many will know I use a MacBook Pro and and Ipad etc., Recently my renewals for Esure arrive on two of the cars.. gone up and more excess .. so I hunted about using the Tesco compare site..been with Esure many many years... in fact we have on both cars 19 year NCB.

So a bit miffed when they just keep loading us.

Anyway took a policy out with Admiral.. lot cheaper no excess, legal cover (as if I need it) etc.,

Today as we all know it is internet based.. what should have been a five minute job... yes it was paying for it and they did call me at the correct time on the correct day.

But trying to down load the documents.. took 1 1/2 hours ... I had to down load Adobe .. which I think I had in any case.. still would not down load... in the end a call to Admiral.. telling me to close my popup blocker...

OK where is it? I must have put it on at sometime.. anyway found it in Safari and preferences .. turned it off and tried to print wireless to my HP.. no way... messed about some more and used the printer symbol on the document it's self and then finally got a copy of the certificates, schedule etc.,

Oh what fun.... anyway I save about £200 and ended up with no excess, car hire and legal all included.

S watch out for the popup blocker if you buy a policy from Admiral and you have a Mac.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I think it is the security working

So Apple are not so shit hot at all then!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I think you will find it is Apples automatic add pop up blocker... another of the Apple security systems like Java... it needed adobe to be installed as well... Apple does not want them to cause a risk.. so they block them.. thankfully.

Just a case of Admiral not thinking it's customers may use a Mac

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back