Free Member
Sep 24, 2012
norfolk
Funster No
MH
dont own one yet
Exp
not yet
hi, this is my first ever thread anywhere:ROFLMAO: wonder if any one can tell me if hymer parts are the most expensive. havent got a motorhome yet, but would like a hymer, but was put off by a dealer who said they are too expensive to replace windsreens, headlights, etc. can anyone tell me if this is true? thanks in advance::bigsmile:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Yes it can be.

But, that is true of all A class Motor Homes, not just Hymer.

Pete:Cool:

Mar 11, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
hi, this is my first ever thread anywhere:ROFLMAO: wonder if any one can tell me if hymer parts are the most expensive. havent got a motorhome yet, but would like a hymer, but was put off by a dealer who said they are too expensive to replace windsreens, headlights, etc. can anyone tell me if this is true? thanks in advance::bigsmile:

Hi and good luck with the Hymer quest.
It is true that parts can be on the dear side but can also often be sourced on the web. If anyone is concerned about the growing number of reports about exploding headlamps on Hymers or, like myself have already experienced the expense of replacing one – in my case £1010, you may be relieved to hear of the supplier of headlamp protectors.
They cost £75 plus p+p and are available from the maker, Trevor Smith, who has now given me permission to pass his details on. He can be contacted via MOB 07712472250 or email at s.jordansmith@btinternet.com
Have just fitted a pair (a really simple process) and now my 2011 B544 is protected against stone chips etc which is what Hymer claimed had smashed my lamp which strangely waited until I had been parked up for 30 hours before mysteriously exploding!!!!
Happy touring,
Janet and John

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
Hymers

Hi, just ensure you have unlimited windscreen cover on your insurance.
If you do get a Hymer - they tend to hold their price well and are good vans, especially the older ones.

Keep us posted,

Sue:Cool:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back