Truma Heater (1 Viewer)

Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
6 years and 20 years as a tugger
Guys wonder if any of you have came against this problem the truma gas heater works for about 30 min on gas then cuts out while its running there is very little gas preasure on the cooker then at times it wont come on trys to but keeps going of could it be a preasure problem with the heater or the gas regulator any help please

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
If it is one of those god awful Truma press button type regulators then you can bet your life that will be it !!

I ended up changing the regulator and the ( Truma supplied ) pigtail to return everything to working order

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp
If it is one of those god awful Truma press button type regulators then you can bet your life that will be it !!

I ended up changing the regulator and the ( Truma supplied ) pigtail to return everything to working order

Yes it is that was my first thought have did you have the same problem and what regulator did you get

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
Bought a GasLo one from the local caravan place.. It was the only one they had that was any size, but glad I did as it has performed faultlessly .. It was £32.00

FULL TIMER

Free Member
May 31, 2012
NORWICH
Funster No
MH
SELF BUILT IVECO 75E17
Exp
BEEN BUILDING THEM FOR 32 years
Agree with jaws, especially if it's one of the truma bulkhead regulators, they are known to clog up with an oily substance that is formed in the pigtail, especially if the regulator is lower than the valve on the bottle, low and behold in great truma wisdom instead of curing the problem regulators they came out with a "filter" of course at extra expence to to consumer.

pudseykeith

Free Member
Nov 5, 2007
Leeds West Riding of York
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
6 Years
Hi Bailay. Just a thought, Is the heater fitted with a safty device that closes down the flame if there is a combustion problem? Example - If it overheats or has it detected carbon monoxide.
Do's the flame in the heater and the cooked burn yellow, not blue'. If it burns yellow you need to have it checked out by a profesional.
Pudseykeith

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
B
Jan 18, 2010
Airdrie Scotland
Funster No
Exp

You were bang on got a Gaslo Reg £36.00 fitted it today perfect the best preasure that the van has had

Cheeres

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back