Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Advice required please.......

My 240v tripped this morning for no apparant reason and when trying to reset it, the trip switch will not return to the "on" position, even if I try with all 240 EHU disconnected it will not click into place. However, I still have 110v through the RV so I am still recharging 12v system ( I think). Even if I try to hold the switch in place there is still no 240v.

My feeling is that the trip switch has physically broken. I have not taken it apart as have travelled down to Carvynick today and dont want to make it any worse on a Sunday!! At least I have my 110v :thumb:

Any other thoughts or advice on this ???

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
push it down further then push it up.

some breakers will disconnect but need pushing fully down to reset the mechanism

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Deleted User
I had a similar experience in Portugal last year and turned out to be the trip switch,had to get a replacement, I didn't check the 110v supply though but thinking back I don't remember the fridge knocking off.I am no electrician, just my experience.

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
Can you reset with the van disconnected from the mains.

see below :Doh::ROFLMAO:

Advice required please.......

My 240v tripped this morning for no apparant reason and when trying to reset it, the trip switch will not return to the "on" position, even if I try with all 240 EHU disconnected it will not click into place. However, I still have 110v through the RV so I am still recharging 12v system ( I think). Even if I try to hold the switch in place there is still no 240v.

My feeling is that the trip switch has physically broken. I have not taken it apart as have travelled down to Carvynick today and dont want to make it any worse on a Sunday!! At least I have my 110v :thumb:

Any other thoughts or advice on this ???

scotjimland

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 25, 2007
Suffolk Coastal District, UK
Funster No
MH
Timberland
110v is a separate fuse board and wont be affected by the 230v board.

Mr Jinks does state 'hookup disconnected' so the 230v board is dead.

Yes John, well aware of the two boards , I think we need Mr Jinks to clarify as I read the OP differently

OP
OP
MrJinks

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
Sorry guys....no wifi here

I will try to clarify. I have a separate 3 trip box that seems to have a 240v trip & 110v trip with a blue overriding trip in between. It is the blue central switch that has tripped off and cannot be switched back on, even with the hookup dis connected. The110v trip on the right is still operating as I can switch it off and 110 power is then lost.
I will try to take a photo but not very capable with iPhone!!

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005

I will try to clarify. I have a separate 3 trip box that seems to have a 240v trip & 110v trip with a blue overriding trip in between. It is the blue central switch that has tripped off and cannot be switched back on, even with the hookup dis connected. The110v trip on the right is still operating as I can switch it off and 110 power is then lost.
dont know who did the conversion but a wall, a blindfold and a gun spring to mind.

230v AND 110v in the same enclosure is dangerous to say the least.

have you tried pushing the breaker right down before trying to reset it. ?

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005

Have you tried pushing the switch fully into the OFF position before resetting?

SNAP!

OP
OP
MrJinks

MrJinks

Free Member
Sep 1, 2008
Dorchester, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class RV
Exp
6 years
46493D98_zps28fb104c.jpg

Jaws

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2008
Thetford Norfolk
Funster No
MH
C class, Chieftain
Exp
since 2006 ( I think ! )
No picture Gary.. But I have taken the liberty of doing the link again for you :thumb:

46493D98_zps28fb104c.jpg

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back