Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
We were at a caravan site in Bolton Le Sands this weekend and we were having a great time then a about eight o'clock at night a van towing a caravan came on the site we did not think to much of it and they parked on a pitch behind us
At 11pm we went to bed then at about 1pm we heard people shouting we looked out of the window and saw them having a domestic.
In the morning they packed up and left the site it was only when we spoke to the site owners who had just looked at the cctv recording that they told us they were gypsies and had come on site late and had left early without paying.
Is that hard faced or what?

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
I would have thought that the site entrance should be barriered so can only access with a pass or somebody opening it for them.
That didnt' sound very secure.

OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
I would have thought that the site entrance should be barriered so can only access with a pass or somebody opening it for them.
That didnt' sound very secure.

No barriers Paulyp but this is not the only site i have been on were there are no barriers

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

tadpole

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
ex transit ambulance
Exp
I'm a newbie
I didnt realise that CCTV could tell who was a 'gypsy'

Disgraceful behaviour nonetheless

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
To be fair, anyone can have a domestic at any time and there are lots of people who turn up late and leave early without paying, thats why I now lock the gates whenever I leave the site and campers have to phone for access. As to the CCTV letting anyone detrmine they were gypsies, or travellers or whatever term the particular people would not find offencive to be called I really don't see how that could be possible.
Tell you what trying to be PC is not at all easy.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
at about 1pm we heard people shouting we looked out of the window and saw them having a domestic.

We were on a lovely campsite at Henley on Thames when this happened. I did not complain but mentioned it at reception when I was there asking advice, immediately they refunded our payment.

Well impressed.

Link Removed

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
Well re CCTV, perhaps they were 'locally known' ne'er do wells?

tadpole

Free Member
Jun 5, 2012
Tadcaster
Funster No
MH
ex transit ambulance
Exp
I'm a newbie
We were on a lovely campsite at Henley on Thames when this happened. I did not complain but mentioned it at reception when I was there asking advice, immediately they refunded our payment.

Well impressed.

Link Removed

Thats great customer service.

I didnt mean to come over all PC, but I've got a bit sensitive to generalised statements/ways of classifying people. It doesn't help anyone when people are labelled for their behaviour in a way that attaches blame to a wider community.

Having fairly recently joined the community of motorhomers I've been struck by the stereotypes and prejudices some people hold about those who drive motorhomes - rich, inconsiderate, privileged, fuddy-duddy, environmentally damaging etc etc.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Having fairly recently joined the community of motorhomers I've been struck by the stereotypes and prejudices some people hold about those who drive motorhomes - rich, inconsiderate, privileged, fuddy-duddy, environmentally damaging etc etc.

All those are true, aren't they ?

If you are so PC how come you've not added "nice, considerate, FUN, generous, awesome, environmentally friendly, ordinary.".

All part of being human.

Jul 29, 2011
Urmston, Manchester
Funster No
MH
Former owner.
Exp
June 2012
Thats great customer service.

I didnt mean to come over all PC, but I've got a bit sensitive to generalised statements/ways of classifying people. It doesn't help anyone when people are labelled for their behaviour in a way that attaches blame to a wider community.

Having fairly recently joined the community of motorhomers I've been struck by the stereotypes and prejudices some people hold about those who drive motorhomes - [HI]rich, inconsiderate, privileged, fuddy-duddy, environmentally damaging etc etc.
[/HI]

And that's just the nice things they say about us.::bigsmile:

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Reminds me of John Godber's play "Perfect Pitch", we saw it at Hull Truck Theatre a good few years back with Gareth Hale (he's a very good actor!) and it was absolutely hilarious! :roflmto:

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
I didn't realise we had met :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back