Free Member
Jun 25, 2012
Aldershot
Funster No
MH
Hymer A Class
Exp
Hi All,
Although I have travelled France, Belgium, Holland and England competing in parascending accuracy competitions, also Photographing and visiting friends in my VW Caravelle for the last 12 years I decided that I would like to be able to stand up to dress in the morning and make meals in less cramped conditions.
After looking at various campers over four years and speaking to numerous motorhomers I took the plunge and bought my first motorhome the Hymer BM 640.
On the way back from wales where I bought it my wife and myself booked into a campsite south of Bristol where we spent our first night in our m/home. Since then I've been on a photographic trip to Bristol, a 3 day competition at South Cerney, followed 2 days later by a trip through France, Belgium to Numansdorp in Holland for another competition then a holiday for my long suffering wife. We travelled to Renkum Ede Oosterbeek Arnhem and Apeldoorn. Before leaving to catch the ferry home we visited the Openluchtmuseum near Arnhem then spent a night wildcamping before the trip to catch the ferry. The motorhome never missed a beat, was comfortable and the Ayotollah was at her most relaxed.
We paid a lot for the old girl but has been the best investment we have ever made. The only problems are parking down the side of my house (there is only about 3 inches either side and trying to find a reason to go out in her for another w/end. If anybody who reads this has a list of reasons/excuses to go out I'm all ears.

Hope I have'nt bored the pants off the people who read this!

Regards

Martin

camocam1

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Elgin,Moray,Scotland
Funster No
MH
bailey approach 760 se
Exp
since 2012
Sounds like you have had a busy time and I would just take the MH out and park up somewhere for the weekend so you can rest !!! Do you need an excuse !!! I thought I was bad with 6" either side of the house (with mirrors folded) and have to leave habitation door out past house so can get out and in. I'n new to this MH lark but its good fun

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
X Factor is on the telly:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Glad your enjoying your new toy

Flamingo

Free Member
Sep 18, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
since 2004
Hi All,
If anybody who reads this has a list of reasons/excuses to go out I'm all ears.
Just go somewhere, anywhere, otherwise you'll get out of the swing of it and forget what you've got packed.

Don't be over ambitious - just go local. Sometimes just 30 minutes drive takes you to somewhere completely different.

Have you tried out all your local campsites and CLs - try them and do a walk from them.
Look up events happening in your local area - fancy anything?
Visit relatives and stay nearby at CL or campsites.
Set yourself goals: walk long distance paths section by section/ visit all nearby museums/do all the things a tourist would do in your local area.
Country Walking magazine features some good walks - try the local ones to you.
Try CLs attached to pubs, so you can try the food, drink and walk back 'home'.

The thing is to get away: get off asap on Friday evening, you have Saturday to enjoy and return on Sunday afternoon. It'll feel like you have been away for ages. Then start planning next weekend's adventure. It gets addictive in the end.

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
Sounds as if you have got the hang of it to me, go on get it out again, call it practice for getting in and out of narrow places.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jul 1, 2010
SW Northumberland
Funster No
MH
Hymer B 588 DL
Exp
Since September 2010
Yo Martin and welcome to the wonderful all consuming world that is motorhoming, enjoy :thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb::thumb:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back