Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
loads of nice places by the talibont and usk resevoir . one of my favourite places . not that far from brecon . bit the wrong way for you but if you get time worth a drive between brecon and merthyr tidfil.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
On the A40 which runs through Sennybridge, both before and after the village there are several suitable laybys which I have stayed on in the past.

And in Sennybridge itself you have one of the best cafes in the world as well as the business premises of my Chief Mechanic, his understudy and his Boss. (Sheriff, Gareth and Champers). :thumb:

Sadly no roundabouts for a few miles though. :Sad:

JJ :Cool:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
I would say I am 95% sure that you can park overnight on the car park in the center of the town, if thats where the books are you could last year.

dellwood33

Free Member
Apr 25, 2009
Newcastle
Funster No
MH
italian crap
Exp
too long
When we were near Brecon earlier this year, I was told that many of the Town carparks allowed motorhomes to overnight for 1 night in 7 & that you could move about the carparks if you wanted to stay a couple of days.
I was advised that the "Promenade carpark was handy for the town centre :Smile:

paulmold

Free Member
Jun 15, 2009
North Wales
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
7 year (25yrs a tugger)
You can in fact stay on any Powys Council car park for 1 night in 7 for free. We went to Brecon this year and spoke to the parking attendant in Brecon who told us the council actively encourage motorhomers to visit. If you go down the road to the theatre with Aldi on your left you come to a car park with a coach park next to it. Don't go on the coach park as it's £4.50 a day whereas the car park is £2.50 from 8.00am to 6.00pm, then stay overnight for free and then pay £2.50 for the next day before moving off to another car park. The daily rate is different from car park to car park, I think the large car park in Hay-on-Wye was £4.50 for a day.
We didn't use this facility as we didn't know about it before we went to the area and had pre-booked at CC sites, stayed at one 4 miles from Brecon at Aberbran (not to be confused with Aberbran Fawr which is a commercial site), £11 per night with electric but no facilities but beautifully kept, it's on a disused railway line.

Feb 4, 2010
Mid. Glamorgan, S. Wales
Funster No
MH
Motorhutch / Toy Camper
Exp
Since 2010
I've stayed on Hay-on-Wye's Oxford Road car park several times. As already mentioned, overnighting is allowed (6pm - 8am). Car park has always been quiet at night and there are usually a dozen or so other vehicles parked.

Most of the car park is steeply sloped, but the bottom is OK.

Watch out....the car park attendant does tend to be around at exactly 8am.

slverdreamers

Free Member
Nov 22, 2009
Worcestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
18yrs
Brecon and Hay on Wye

I am planning a visit to Brecon and Hay on Wye in the next few days ! Any car parks or wildcamping spots that allow overnight stays ??? Many thanks in advance !:thumb:

Hi,
We met you at Marjal after the rally there. You used to be able to stay overnight in the car Park at Brecon itself, you would need to check but it was in the centre of the town. Hope that helps
regards Peter & Glynis

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back