Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
I was doing some work on my motorhome roof and i noticed how much muck gets under the roof lights and on the underside of the roof light.
So i did a bit of research and i came up with this idea
It not only keeps the muck out but acts as a secondary seal.
what do you think?
Sorry pcitures are not in order.

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
that has to be the best idea i've seen for a long long time. :thumb:

dont know where you bought the car door seal but should be available on the roll.

only disadvantage i see is it will close off the normal ventilation provided when the roof light is closed without the seal fitted.

Last edited:
OP
OP
billy

billy

Free Member
Jan 10, 2009
Bolton
Funster No
MH
Autotrail
Exp
since 2009
that has to be the best idea i've seen for a long long time. :thumb:

dont know where you bought the car door seal but should be available on the roll.

only disadvantage i see is it will close off the normal ventilation provided when the roof light is closed without the seal fitted.

I bought it off ebay it cost me £32.00 inc postage for 6 mtr's item no 221027831087 from this company Monkeydub Auto Parts.

I see what you mean about the ventilation i will have a look at that when i get home.:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
I bought it off ebay it cost me £32.00 inc postage for 6 mtr's item no 221027831087 from this company Monkeydub Auto Parts.

I see what you mean about the ventilation i will have a look at that when i get home.:thumb:
I think i could live without the ventilation to be honest, at the advantage of keeping the crap from under the cover.

If you do want ventilation then a six inch gap in the seal, at the rear, would do it.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back