Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Im a newbie
Hello to all of you lucky motorhomers. I am about to upgrade from touring to a motorhome and at the moment, top of my list is the Bessecar 765 where I have seen a nice one on a 54 plate with 19k. I have two children aged 8 and 13 yrs and welcome any thoughts, pros and cons of the above model. My only concern with this one is the two side benches, as there only appear to be two seat belts for the driver and passenger - unless anyone can advise on whether I can have them retro fitted and any costings........... Thank you

Vlad The Impaler

Free Member
Apr 22, 2012
Rutland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2012 but longer in my dreams
Looked at one of these vans myself and also have 2 young kids.I was informed that it's a legal requirement to have kids wearing 3point seat belts which means you need a van with a totally different layout.Not the end of the world as there are loads of different styles of van out there.We settled for an autotrail apache similar money,however this design enables us to carry kids safely and legally.Also worth noting that they must use booster seats if size or age dictates.
Regards Steve

OP
OP
T

Two dots

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Im a newbie
Eldis 180 thoughts?

Thank you Vlad for your update. I had just found out that so sadly have decided against that layout. At the moment to favourite appears to be the Eldis 180 but unless I am expecting too much, the storage appears a little lacking and in the 2010 model I had been looking at, did not have a built in microwave so reduced the space even more. I have a budget of about £30k give or take a little (less would be better) to find a six berth (no bunk beds), with four belts and space. Maybe I seek too much. I am also surprised how many vans do not come with air conditioning (hab or cab) and wondered how folks managed without it when travelling in warmer climates?

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
Thank you Vlad for your update. I had just found out that so sadly have decided against that layout. At the moment to favourite appears to be the Eldis 180 but unless I am expecting too much, the storage appears a little lacking and in the 2010 model I had been looking at, did not have a built in microwave so reduced the space even more. I have a budget of about £30k give or take a little (less would be better) to find a six berth (no bunk beds), with four belts and space. Maybe I seek too much. I am also surprised how many vans do not come with air conditioning (hab or cab) and wondered how folks managed without it when travelling in warmer climates?

The Swift Sundance 630L/ Bessacarr E495 and the Autotrail Apache 700 have the same layout as the Elldis 180, so other models you can consider.
Very few vans of this type come with habi air condition. Cab air con was generally an option although it is now more often on newer models as standard now even if quoted as an option.

Storage is what you make of it. Its surprising how much stuff you can pack in, as I realised when I was recently clearing out our van. Just remember to pack what you need and what you think you might need and never use.

Happy hunting. :thumb:

OP
OP
T

Two dots

Free Member
Sep 8, 2012
Nottingham
Funster No
MH
Just looking
Exp
Im a newbie
Thank you and I quite agree. I am upgrading from a tourer so consider myself as a savvi packer (so to speak) and excluding my 14yr old daughter who cant do without anything. I have just sent a wish list of extras for an OTR on the 180 to see whether to push the boat out and go new.... We shall see if I win the euro millions on Friday!

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
We have an overcab which 9.9x out of 10 shades the screen so usually no aircon in the cab doesn't worry us overly - only thing is when the sun is hitting the side of the cab whilst driving any distance in which case, well, you suffer. This has happened once in the 3 years we have owned it - this week to be exact.

Although our van was new it was one the dealer had in stock and the price was discounted, whereas otherwise we'd have paid an extra £6,000 plus the optional cab air con and cruise control package, if we'd have ordered another to our own spec. What would you have done? LOL :ROFLMAO:

Two weeks ago sitting outside our van nekkid as jaybirds (we were on a naturist campsite LOL) with the temp at 38 degrees, frankly we could have done with hab air con - but you won't have had that in a touring caravan anyway. It's the only time we have ever said in the last 3 years - NOW we could just do with a tent ....... preferably just the fibregalss poles and the inner ....... :Doh:

It was taking down the tent to come home at 9am one morning 3 years ago in the Brenne with 30 degrees and humidity at 90+ that made me say I'm getting too old for this malarkey :cry: and made us go and buy the flipping van in the first place .....

You just make the best of whatever you have at your disposal at the time, don't you? :RollEyes:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

MikeandCarolyn

Free Member
Mar 18, 2008
Worle,North Somerset
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2009
I am also surprised how many vans do not come with air conditioning (hab or cab) and wondered how folks managed without it when travelling in warmer climates?

We wanted cab aircon and budgeted for fitting that when we bought our van.I think it cost around £2,500 but we felt it was money well spent. ::bigsmile:

Mike.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back