Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
OK,
So I like dogs.
I’ve owned dogs.
I’ve shared a house with five dogs (not all mine).
But.
I HATE doggy doo doo!
And I hate people who don’t clear up after their dogs.
Its bad enough here in the UK.
But in France its another storey altogether.:shout:

Many years ago I read that in Paris where doggy doo doo is a major problem, the good citizens were asked to vote on whether or not to make it an offence to allow their dogs to foul the pavements and not clear it up.
They voted ‘NOT’ and instead patrols of scooter riders with special mini road cleaning devices were deployed to clean up doggy doo doos. It was estimated that some six tons of the stuff was picked up off the pavements annually.

Which French town or city do you nominate for the Doggy DooDoo award?
I nominate Dieppe!:thumb:

Last edited:

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I vote the Forest of Dean where I live can't be anywhere in France worse.

Great place for walking and biking but every footpath is covered in dog crap or even worse is the dirty buggers who pick it up in the plastic bags and then dump the bags on the side of the path or hang them on stiles.:whatthe:

I've nothing against dogs owned loads and my lad is a dog trainer but I'd shoot these irresponsible owners and their poxy dogs if I had my way.:Angry:

Roryboys Dad

Free Member
Mar 19, 2012
Glapwell Derbyshire
Funster No
MH
Pilote Reference P716 LPR
Exp
Some towns in France are at least making an attempt to stop the problem.

Le Touquet, among others, provide free plastic bags for the owners to pick up the mess and plenty of bins to dispose of the full bags.

But, and it's not just in France, most owners are complete morons and couldn't care less what comes out of the back of their dogs as long as the idle b*stards don't have to bend down and pick it up.

ojibway - does your local Council provide bags and bins - and if not what are you doing about it?

:france::france::france:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
ojibway

ojibway

Free Member
Jul 17, 2012
Eastbourne
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
since 2005
Our local council provides some bins but no bags.
A few months ago we spoke to the council about the dog cr*p on a new cycle/pedestrian path recently built. The dog warden called back and said she would tackle it. But, its worse than ever now. There are a lot of dog owners using the path but most pick up.:RollEyes:

But, hey, it's worse in France. Another nomination I offer is Le Crotoy
:thumb:

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
So, they asked the offenders (among others) if it should be criminalised :Doh:

but isnt that a bit like asking 'whole life' prisoners if life imprisonment should be abolished

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
OK,
So I like dogs.
I’ve owned dogs.
I’ve shared a house with five dogs (not all mine).
But.
I HATE doggy doo doo!
And I hate people who don’t clear up after their dogs.
Its bad enough here in the UK.
But in France its another storey altogether.:shout:

Many years ago I read that in Paris where doggy doo doo is a major problem, the good citizens were asked to vote on whether or not to make it an offence to allow their dogs to foul the pavements and not clear it up.
They voted ‘NOT’ and instead patrols of scooter riders with special mini road cleaning devices were deployed to clean up doggy doo doos. It was estimated that some six tons of the stuff was picked up off the pavements annually.

Which French town or city do you nominate for the Doggy DooDoo award?
I nominate Dieppe!:thumb:

I agree, we have a dog... pick it up....as we have always done Uk & France..garden, village, town, city or even in the country....pick it up......Who do I think should win the doggy doodoo award in France....Mmmmmmm could.. would it be possible for the whole of France have a part share in the trophy...... as I can not pick a winner...sorry:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:…except Le Touquet as they do provide bags and are very clean

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
Down here is sunny Sussex we have a special breed of dog owners.
On many foot paths and trails I use...............the put their Dogs Doos
in plastic bags and then hang the bags in bushes and trees so someone else can clear them up.

I hate bad dog owners

nothing against dogs.

barry:Smile:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
I was recently beside a Range Rover Vogue, and the owner was obviously looking down upon the peasants that were alongside him in the traffic queue. Dripping in gold, and a crisp blue shirt, his widow down so his music could be heard, and he thought he was above everyone else.
And as he drew away, I noticed someone had hung a doggy doo bag on his tow bar.:roflmto::roflmto::roflmto:

Craig

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back