Free Member
Sep 11, 2012
Gods country
Funster No
MH
Chausson
Exp
newbie hired 3
OK, We are new to this motorhoming lark and as yet do not own a motorhome. We are hiring one again next week from Harrogate motorhomes. It is a burstner elegance 9m long and 5tonnes in weight. The size and weight do not bother us as I have a HGV licence. Right the questions begin.
1 This motorhome is about the size I would like to buy but We would like an island fixed bed. Does such a thing exist without going down the American RV route.
2 If I cannot find a motorhome with an island rear bed is it possible to have the rear transverse bed made into an island bed? I do not particularly want a garage so losing that would not be a problem.
3 would a vehicle of this size be able to carry a motor scooter on a rear rack?

Don't want much do I?
Thanks in advance
Glenn.

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Burstner elegance 800G has an island bed

Link Removed

Not an english website but does show pics of interior of the 800G

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
the American RV route.
Glenn.

Recent threads here have shown how RVs with their slides are in a different league, huge size, small price.

If you can live with 10 mpg, well worth looking.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
If you want something that long and want an island bed, then ignoring RVs might be a mistake. There are plenty of RVs that are shorter than the vehicle you are hiring, but because they are wider than Europeans and have slideouts; island beds are common in these. Many of them will cost much less than your Burstner, especially if aged 3 or over.

They will be a little wider, but as an HGV driver this should not worry you. Some Freds (Front Engine Deisels) are quieter than you might think and deliver somewhere between 12 and 18 mpg depending on who you believe. You could also look for an RV that has been converted to use LPG (many have) owners of conversions boast an equivalent of around 20mpg

Happy hunting:thumb:

Scarrow

Free Member
Feb 23, 2012
Crawley Down, Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hi Top
Exp
18th August 2012
OK,
1 This motorhome is about the size I would like to buy but We would like an island fixed bed. Does such a thing exist without going down the American RV route.
2 If I cannot find a motorhome with an island rear bed is it possible to have the rear transverse bed made into an island bed? I do not particularly want a garage so losing that would not be a problem.
3 would a vehicle of this size be able to carry a motor scooter on a rear rack?

Don't want much do I?
Thanks in advance
Glenn.

My 2008 Bessacarr E769 has a island fixed rear bed. Only had it now for four weeks, so might not be the best person to advise. With regard to rear rack for carrying motor scooter, that's not something I have looked into as yet.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back