Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
We have a full compliment of Funsters here, just waiting on Meakwooders. Glorious sunshine all day yesterday with promise of more all weekend. I have a burnt red head so I'll be needing my hat for the rest of this rally.

Have a lovely weekend wherever you are. We're going to:thumb:

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I hope you all have a brilliant time.

It would be really, really great to see some photos of the festivities (as they are happening rather than after they have finished.) :winky: :thumb:

JJ :Cool:

MaidinDevon

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 23, 2011
Bromyard, Herefordshire, UK
Funster No
MH
Hymer B654
Exp
since 2010
Hi Jim

Sorry to hear that you have been waiting for us. I did put a message on the shepton mallet post on Tuesday. I really hope that it has not been too much of a pain. I am glad to hear that you are all having a good time, and wish we were there!

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 19, 2008
Kent coast Hythe
Funster No
MH
Rapido fiat based
Exp
brought first van 16 yrs ago
fun and sunshine sounds great , wishing you all the best time, sorry cannot be with you all.

Trikeman

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Wilds of Ceredigion.
Funster No
MH
AT 634 Apache.
Exp
Since 2011.
Hi Jim - we got there.

What a cracking show, we have never seen so many motorhomes in one place. As far as the eye could see were motorhomes, new, second hand and some real cracking old ones and all with superb weather - we have a lot of sunburn.:Cool:
We popped on to the Funsters site which was very welcoming and picked up the badges and stickers that now adorn our motorhome.
We were also suprised by how many motorhomes display the funster decals in the motorhome parks - great spread.
We, of course, got caught up in the moment and spent too much on everything we needed as newbies, ramps, steps, LED's, carpets, tee towel holders, etc etc etc.:whatthe:
All in all a cracking day - we wished now we brought along our motorhome and joined in the 'off piste' fun, but we are off on hols this evening.

Thanks for the welcome!

Regards, Trikeman.::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Have a great holiday Trikeman. Hope we see you at a rally soon:thumb:

Dubiousp

Free Member
Jul 3, 2012
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
Eldis Autoquest
Exp
First
Visited bought some bits and disappered I did notice however the fun flag and stickers any clues where I can get them please

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
Well I'm home now after a glorious couple of days.

Met up with a dozen or more funsters all enjoying themselves. Never met Pamelaaaaar before or her old fella, wotsisname - Breasy - Easy - Briony - Brisey yeah that's it.

Met wizzbang, capinpugwash, movan, the Hat, peper386 , billy&val a whole bunch of escapees from the principality Silk-cut etc one of which had a very good singing voice at 2 in the morning "Perri" I think it was.

Also met Fidget (Terry) Isle of Wight and Peter H again and Minx in their new van and Dave and Polly Toledo Spanish hillbillies and nanajan, lovely to finally meet you all.

We spent far too much on "Essential Gear" which will never see the light of Day.

I did buy an iBoost on Treacle's say so, hope it proves useful. Anyway got to change clothes and set of for Holland tonight so thank-you Pam & Brisey, Jim & Sian and everyone for making it such a lovely week end..... Griff
:thumb:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Crikey Popeye, you bought the iboost?

Just sold mine.

Pick up by 30th September - I took a 35p deposit.:thumb:

Have a great time in Holland.

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
Nice to meet some of the 'gang' here at Shepton and the bacon butties this morning with mushrooms were scrumptious ... nice cooking Jim and co! :Smile:

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Yep, another great show with y'all. :) Even the late night chorus. :) Brill bacon and mushroom baps too. Excellent weather, who could ask for more. Thanks to all concerned for a memorable weekend.

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
well ,had a great weekend with all the funsters .kathy would like to say a big thanks for for her birthday bash on sat .thanks also to our entertainment with stuart the bango player [cant spell the other name for his tool ]lol thanks to jim and sian and brisey for a great weekend .nice meeting new funsters,oh nearly forgot thanks to peter for letting me read his meercat story.absolute brill.:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Just got back home. What a great time we had. Big thanks to Brisey and Pamelaaar who did a grand job as rally marshals. :thumb: and also to all those that pitched in to help erect tents, chop musroooms, cut cake and serve bacon etc. Thanks to all those Funster that turned up with a smile, you were great:thumb: Looking forward to Lincoln:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Thanks to all those Funster that turned up with a smile, you were great:thumb: Looking forward to Lincoln:thumb:

You must know how Moses felt now.

Your next book.......

"My Tribe" by James "Moses" Brown.

Starting with how you led them out of The Dark Side.

So you've dragged us all over the shop for years where is this f***^^^g promised land ?

capinpugwash

Free Member
Sep 14, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2005 (20 years Caravan before that)
Well, can anything be added to what has already been said!

Another lovely time with the other Funsters, both those I knew beforehand and those I know now.:thumb:

Thanks so much Sian, Jim, Brian and Pamelaaaaar and also to the bacon butty brigade on Sunday.:thumb:

OP
OP
Jim

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Well, can anything be added to what has already been said!

Another lovely time with the other Funsters, both those I knew beforehand and those I know now.:thumb:

Thanks so much Sian, Jim, Brian and Pamelaaaaar and also to the bacon butty brigade on Sunday.:thumb:

Stuart, to that well known tune

So I say
Thank you for the music, the songs we were singing
Thanks for all the joy you were bringing
Who can live without it, I ask in all honesty
What would life be?
Without a song or a dance what are we?
So I say thank you for the music
For giving it to me.... And all those other Funsters Cheers mate:thumb:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Hi , Jim & Sian, Brisey & Pam.
Many thanks for warm welcome :thumb: also pleasant and relaxing w/end in such good company :thumb:, we really enjoyed our selves even though we didn't get to the evening get-togethers, the nice tea & cake afternoon sat, sun morn bacon butties were much appreciated.

It was nice to finally meet all those funsters who were there too many to mention , but thanks to Peter h for welsh cakes :thumb:( lovely) wife say's I've got to get the recipe sometime, also to you all for some welcome banter and chat especially popeye (griff and jackie happy travels take care on trip to holland).

Just thought I'd say hi to a couple of new members who joined while we were at Jim's stall , Geronimo11 Winston and Christine,:thumb: lovely couple ( friends of peterH I believe .

Once again thanks we were pleased we came along and were made so welcome !!!! Terry & Ann FIDGET:Cool:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
ha ha thanks jim where was i 420 v............ oh well maybe another day.:thumb:

Silkcut1105

LIFE MEMBER
Jun 3, 2011
Swansea
Funster No
MH
autotrail chieftain
Exp
Since 1991
hi all if your reading this thread can someone please tell joy who was at shepton that the song she was asking about ,is sung by colin raye and its called one boy one girl ...........as i dont know joys username:thumb

Carol

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 2, 2007
North Wales.
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
18 years s Motorhome (33years caravans)
hi all if your reading this thread can someone please tell joy who was at shepton that the song she was asking about ,is sung by colin raye and its called one boy one girl ...........as i dont know joys username:thumb

Will do.:Smile:

TheHat

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 26, 2012
thurrock
Funster No
MH
a class
Exp
since 2012
thanks

thanks to Jim and Sian, Brisey and Pamelaaar,and Saturday night's choir:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Dec 10, 2010
where ever we park up
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
just completed 6th year
Hello to everyone that we have at last got to meet - huge thank you to Jim and Sian, Brisey and Pamala for all there hard work- We all had great weather, great food, friends and of course the singing - see you all again soon Tony and Helen and pepper xxx::bigsmile:

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
Whilst we had a great time, :Smile:... I gather some traders didn't, as they had stock stolen. The people that sold us wind awning told hubby that some folks lured him to the back of his stand to explain / demo something, thanked him and walked off. When he returned he realised some of his stock was gone. I also heard that amongst other things, over 8Ks worth of generators went missing too. Ouch. :Eeek:

movan

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 2, 2009
Moving around
Funster No
MH
Burstner
Exp
since07
Well, can I have a big AWWWWW please....:Smile: recovering from small operation, constant care of alzheimers patient plus a week of having to care for a three year old with Hyperactivity, I really wasn't looking forward to a four and half hour drive which turned into an eight hour drive due to a lorry overturning in Bristol :Sad:

But it was the only way to see Jan again ......HOWEVER, what a lovely lovely weekend. Thank you Jim and Sian and the really wonderful people Brisey and Pamela..... Never fail to make everyone welcome.

Was lovely to meet all the people mentioned above and some who were extra special, PeterH, StuartCapinpugwash and Mr and Mrs Popeye, Minx family. Was able to relax and build up strength. Lovely to be able to take part in the lovely Kathy's birthday celebration. Thank you.

Sunshine and smiles .... brilliant. Thanks everybody.... Hope to put lots of photos on once my computer sorted. :thumb: xx

Sunrise Explorer

Free Member
Aug 22, 2012
Portsmouth area
Funster No
MH
VW Nexa Pop-up van
Exp
2years
First ralley

Hello Funsters
Thank you all for making me and my dog Jesse so very welcome on our very first rally. Too welcoming in fact !! Hence the reason I missed the singing but recovered sufficiently to face the bacon butties the next morning. Promise to be much more circumspect in future ! Special thanks to the 'Highwaymen'.:Smile:

Feb 16, 2010
Newport, Gwent
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
2002(previously 25 years caravaning
Thanks Jim, Sian, Brisey & Pamelaaar for a great time @ Shepton, been at Devizes all week with "Country Companions" who allowed us to park with them on the Kennett & Avon Canal, so unable to say thank you before. Hope to catch up with some of you in Spain/Portugal next year ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
first rallie

Hi all, just back from a spell out since 2nd sept which included the show at Sheppton mallet. Thank you all for your hospitality and welcome to our first rally.
Special thanks to Brisey and Pamelaaar for their welcome and PetrH for the very welcome Welsh cakes. A great weekend even though we got mixed up with the general campers.
Must do it again..... Phill & Julie:thumb:

May 7, 2011
Cornwall Gorran Haven
Funster No
MH
T Line 785
Exp
motorhoming since 1979
Jim goes the extra mile

He even got the toilet block painted in funster yellow:yeah: for us all at Shepton.

Nice one Jim & Sian:thumb:

:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Attachments

• shepton 004.jpg
    shepton 004.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 8
  • shepton 005.jpg
    shepton 005.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 9

Join us or log in to post a reply.