Extra hooks for washroom? (1 Viewer)

Jul 18, 2010
Funster No
Hello to everyone.
Thanks for all the tips and suggestions posted on here that have helped us buy the perfect motorhome for us.
We have had our motorhome for 3 weeks now, and love it. :Smile: The only thing is, there is nowhere to hang up towels, clothes etc in the washroom. We would like to put up 3 extra (single) hooks. Is it better to use the stick on ones, or could we use the screw in variety? We would prefer the screw in ones. Are there hooks made specifically for motorhomes/caravans? Any recommendations?

JanettaVienetta

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
Have you considered the bracket type fitting that hangs over the top of the door, seen plenty of those about with 3 hooks on:thumb:

Upvote 0
Mar 26, 2009
Yr Wyddgrug
Funster No
MH
Hymer B678DL
Exp
Since 2009
If you use screw fittings ensure the screws are not so long as to protrude through the panel. A lot of vans I looked at, had had user modifications where the screws protruded through the back of the panel. Could cause injury and didn't look too good either.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Gunner29

Free Member
May 24, 2012
Plymouth
Funster No
MH
Low Profile
Exp
Hooks

I bought some from a DIY shop very cheap but look good Have screwed them to the wall NOT the plasic door obviously.
also put an extra towel rain in then realised I could have more hooks so bought a hook thingie to hang on the rail. which gives me 5 more hooks:thumb:
No need to go and purchase anything special so look at a cheepie DIY shop you'll be surprised to find what they have on offer :Eeek:

Upvote 0

malheg

Free Member
May 28, 2008
Coppull (Chorley)
Funster No
MH
Campervan (Alphard)
Exp
12 yrs
Washroom

I fitted a rail over our shower which fits over the open shower doors. Great for hanging washing or wet clothes.

Malc

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
When we bought our van a previous owner had mounted several stick-on hooks both on the shower cubicle and on the washroom wall. One has come off (just replaced it the other day as it happens) and has done no damage at all. The others are well stuck.

We had a couple of those extending rods sold as cupboard keepers left from our previous van and have mounted them between the washroom wall and cabinet. We had a similar one mounted in our previous van but forgot to take it out when the van was wrecked.

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
love our motorhome

It's good to read that you love your motorhome.

Could you tell us what it is? It's very helpful to prospective buyers especially in the light of recent tales of massive disappointment from certain dealers!

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
sorry

embarassing or what?
Please ignore my last post .I see it now'
I used to be a slightly conscious before I banged my head in my van about a billion times!!

Upvote 0

injebreck99

Free Member
Dec 5, 2011
norfolk
Funster No
MH
Low profile C Class
Exp
Since 1997
Extra hooks

For a long while now I have use small oval plastic hooks from B&Q, very cheap, but I take the self adhesive completely off the back and silicone them in position, works for me !:thumb:

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
We have the travel log that is sold on here. We actually have devised our own rating system for sites depending on the amount of hooks in their showers. We also carry suction hooks in our washbags. Nothing worse than not having enough hooks... Ask the captain.:thumb:

Upvote 0

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
embarassing or what?
Please ignore my last post .I see it now'
[HI]I used to be a slightly conscious before I banged my head in my van about a billion times!![/HI]

Just carry on, it's a good start for fitting in here :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

icantremember

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 2, 2010
Near to Watton in Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Hymer T-SL668
Exp
since 2005
Hello to everyone.
Thanks for all the tips and suggestions posted on here that have helped us buy the perfect motorhome for us.
We have had our motorhome for 3 weeks now, and love it. :Smile: The only thing is, there is nowhere to hang up towels, clothes etc in the washroom. We would like to put up 3 extra (single) hooks. Is it better to use the stick on ones, or could we use the screw in variety? We would prefer the screw in ones. Are there hooks made specifically for motorhomes/caravans? Any recommendations?

JanettaVienetta

You should try "Command" hooks by 3M.
They are very strong adhesive hooks in various sizes but
the best thing is that they can be removed easily without causing damage to the surface and can be reused and are water resistant.

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
We have the travel log that is sold on here. [HI]We actually have devised our own rating system for sites depending on the amount of hooks in their showers.[/HI] [HI]We also carry suction hooks in our washbags. Nothing worse than not having enough hooks..[/HI]. Ask the captain.:thumb:
I would like to see this rating system and would add to it myself.Sometimes a mucky shower or toilet becomes usable if you can ensure that your towel/washbag/toilet roll don't have to sit in the grime.I often remember to take my snorkelling shoes with me when I go on a trip but unfortunately only remember when I've started undressing and can't be bothered to go back for them.
I bought a pack of 6 mats from ald the ones with gaps made for camping-don't know their technical name and I suppose apart from their intended use I could take one to the shower with me to avoid stepping in the grotty bits.
To take it further I suppose you could get one of those holdall things that go on the back of doors/car seats and hook it either over the door or suckers
and place all your bits that need to be clean and dry in them.
You're so right about hooks.Would it really break the bank to put even one in every toilet at least!
What I really detest is when there's a puddle of unknown liquid on the floor and you really don't wish your trousers to dip into it.I've tried the unreliable roll-up method.Maybe Dragon's Den needs to consider this.Of course a kilt would work but I'd rather risk wet turn-ups!
I've just thought, a gallery of doors with hooks could be a laugh. In the meantime, the Campsite at Boot,Eskdale has a row of three in the showers.Can anybody beat that?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
screwing into van

I bought some from a DIY shop very cheap but look good[HI] Have screwed them to the wall [/HI]NOT the plasic door obviously.
also put an extra towel rain in then realised I could have more hooks so bought a hook thingie to hang on the rail. which gives me 5 more hooks:thumb:
No need to go and purchase anything special so look at a cheepie DIY shop you'll be surprised to find what they have on offer :Eeek:

How do you work out where you can screw?(no innuendos, please!)

Upvote 0

pablomc

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 20, 2010
Durham
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Since 2009
You should try "Command" hooks by 3M.
They are very strong adhesive hooks in various sizes but
the best thing is that they can be removed easily without causing damage to the surface and can be reused and are water resistant.

Yip used them in our bathroom with no problems. Just get the bigger ones with a heavier load rating

Upvote 0
Oct 2, 2011
Scotland
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 2011
I would like to see this rating system and would add to it myself.Sometimes a mucky shower or toilet becomes usable if you can ensure that your towel/washbag/toilet roll don't have to sit in the grime.I often remember to take my snorkelling shoes with me when I go on a trip but unfortunately only remember when I've started undressing and can't be bothered to go back for them.
I bought a pack of 6 mats from ald the ones with gaps made for camping-don't know their technical name and I suppose apart from their intended use I could take one to the shower with me to avoid stepping in the grotty bits.
To take it further I suppose you could get one of those holdall things that go on the back of doors/car seats and hook it either over the door or suckers
and place all your bits that need to be clean and dry in them.
You're so right about hooks.Would it really break the bank to put even one in every toilet at least!
What I really detest is when there's a puddle of unknown liquid on the floor and you really don't wish your trousers to dip into it.I've tried the unreliable roll-up method.Maybe Dragon's Den needs to consider this.Of course a kilt would work but I'd rather risk wet turn-ups!
I've just thought, a gallery of doors with hooks could be a laugh. In the meantime, the Campsite at Boot,Eskdale has a row of three in the showers.Can anybody beat that?

I'll need to consult our log but I'm sure we have a couple of 5 hook sites. As far as the trouser issue goes, I usually wear shorts in the summer and fleece joggers in the winter ( non elasticated at the bottom of the legs ). These can then be easily rolled up to avoid dipping in puddles, then rolled down. Usually end up late for lunch by the time everything is sorted but theres no rush.

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
jogging bottoms or kilt

maybe i will try a kilt after all! I wonder if a designer sporran could include hooks,shelving,and many other compartments?

Do you have photographic evidence of the five hooks?Did you find that five was enough or could you have used more?

Upvote 0

maz

Jan 26, 2011
Bizeljsko, Slovenia
Funster No
MH
N+B Arto
Exp
Since March 2011
Another fan of 3M Command hooks here. Had them in the Burstner and took them with me when I got the Hobby. Left no marks behind and easy to refit with replacement adhesive strips. :Smile:

Upvote 0

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
The factory fit hooks in our CI were neither use nor ornament so we got some of these instead:

Link Removed

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back