Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it
Does anyone know where the Black Hole is in a Tracker RS ? Mark carefully rolled up a USB lead on our first trip out. He remarked that "we must have a specific place for such items" and I said we should get a special box or bag. He then put it somewhere safe. And it has totally vanished.

So dear friends. Where oh where is the Black Hole that it has obviously been sucked into ?

anna

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
We dont have a black hole in the motorhome , but we have one in our bedroom.
My hair straighteners , tweezers , and tinted moisturiser keep disappearing.
They must go through the black hole into a different galaxy ......
our 16 year old daughters bedroom :RollEyes:

Upvote 0

stcyr

Free Member
Apr 11, 2011
Normandie
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
On & off, since 1966 - fulltime since 2005
Aye, tricky things Black Holes - they move about ... :winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

Popeye

Deceased RIP
Sep 5, 2011
edge of New Forest
Funster No
MH
Frankia Platin Plus
Exp
On and off since 1983
no black hole in ours but it has been known to have thin air from time to time:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Black Hole, thin air, what a load of rubbish.

The older you lot get the more I hear about these things, now A SAFE PLACE is what you mean.................:ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
We dont have a black hole in the motorhome , but we have one in our bedroom.
My hair straighteners , tweezers , and tinted moisturiser keep disappearing.
They must go through the black hole into a different galaxy ......
our 16 year old daughters bedroom :RollEyes:

I hope this is Bev that is replying saying that Ralph did look rather handsome the time i met him:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

lorger

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2008
Dumfries
Funster No
MH
Knaus Sun 650MEG
Exp
I think it must be similar to the one i keep my money as every time i give it to Lorraine to put away it disappears funny think is she always finds a pair of shoes at the same time:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I think some of you are mistaken if you are blaming "Black Holes" for these disappearances. Black holes are the result of collapsed planets where only the gravity remains and therefore suck all things near to them into infinity.

It is obvious to me that you have been visited by the "Borrowers" who get everywhere and borrow your stuff when you need it. Then they put it back where they got it from when you don't need it any more.

I thought everyone knew about the "Borrowers." :Smile:

JJ :Cool:

Upvote 0

Forestboy

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 31, 2007
Forest of Dean
Funster No
MH
A Class Hymer B694 tag
Exp
I think some of you are mistaken if you are blaming "Black Holes" for these disappearances. Black holes are the result of collapsed planets where only the gravity remains and therefore suck all things near to them into infinity.

It is obvious to me that you have been visited by the "Borrowers" who get everywhere and borrow your stuff when you need it. Then they put it back where they got it from when you don't need it any more.

Must be a Hymer thing as they're definately living in mine ::bigsmile:

Upvote 0

Emmenay

Free Member
Dec 11, 2011
Funster No
MH
Swift Kon-tiki 600
Exp
Since 2011
Ahh the black hole....

it's on the side in the kitchen!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
annadg

annadg

Free Member
Aug 28, 2012
Suffolk
Funster No
MH
coach built
Exp
I'm new to it

Oh silly me - of COURSE ... Borrowers. And that explains why we found it again in a place we had looked in at least 15 times previously.

Thanks for putting me right on that :)

Upvote 0

sue1959

Free Member
Feb 11, 2010
Ireland
Funster No
Exp
non as yet, hired in Canada a couple of times. hope to buy in the next few years.
Borrowers must be the 'people' that bring the odd socks back after you've thrown the other one out (or made them into a dog toy::bigsmile:)

Upvote 0

Geoffers

Free Member
May 13, 2011
Groby Leicester
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
A good tip!. When I was at work I always labelled a draw on the filling cabinet "SOMEWHERE SAFE"
So next time you say to yourself I put that somewhere safe................:thumb:

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
As a few of the Funsters know, in an earlier life I dealt with trickery and illusion on a daily basis.

Now, while I know for a fact that there are "Borrowers" at work everywhere, I also believe they might be wrongly blamed for some disappearances followed by mysterious reappearances.

I am beginning to suspect that there is a secret International Women's Movement in existence where its membership learn the art of hiding things from menfolk remotely.

How else can these wonderful girls go to a cupboard/drawer/box which you have searched thoroughly a million times, reach into it, and bring out in seconds the very thing you were looking for?

How do they always time this action just as your words "it is definitely, positively, absolutely NOT in there my dear, I have looked..." are just fading away?

Where else do they learn that unique, knowing look of triumphant when they hand it over to you (usually with the other hand placed firmly on their hip)?

Lads. it is the Grand Plan to make us dependent on them... :Eeek: :Eeek:

Beware.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08
As a few of the Funsters know, in an earlier life I dealt with trickery and illusion on a daily basis.

Now, while I know for a fact that there are "Borrowers" at work everywhere, I also believe they might be wrongly blamed for some disappearances followed by mysterious reappearances.

I am beginning to suspect that there is a secret International Women's Movement in existence where its membership learn the art of hiding things from menfolk remotely.

How else can these wonderful girls go to a cupboard/drawer/box which you have searched thoroughly a million times, reach into it, and bring out in seconds the very thing you were looking for?

How do they always time this action just as your words "it is definitely, positively, absolutely NOT in there my dear, I have looked..." are just fading away?

Where else do they learn that unique, knowing look of triumphant when they hand it over to you (usually with the other hand placed firmly on their hip)?

Beware.

I tend to think your words are out of place.
And should read
Woman's international movement

Which gives rise to its usual use WIM
And makes any man a lesser mortal when they have a WIM to

Upvote 0

Landy lover

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 11, 2009
Zummerzet
Funster No
MH
27ft Eurolight
Exp
Camping Caravaning now 5'ering 49 years

Beware.

JJ you would be proud of my Shirl with your magic knowledge & skills - the other night I lost my glasses - nothing unusuall about that - I was outside at the time and wondered if I had left them inside - took boots off and had a good search around - no glasses - Shirl comes back indoors and I tell her that I have lost my glasses to which she does the usual quick search and promply plucks them out of my boots that I was wearing when I lost them - now there is not enough room in my boots for my feet and the glasses and my feet were definately in the boots when I lost the glasses :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Upvote 0

sedge

Funster
Jul 7, 2009
Nr Jct 3 M6
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Aug 09 to date 9,000 miles!
I read a magazine article about this phenomenon when i was in my late teens. It was called 'The Secret Life of Things'. This is because Things move themselves about - sometimes multiple times - when you just aren't LOOKING. Especially when you are ASLEEP.

And that explaines EVERYTHING - because they DO.

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
results

I have lost many important objects in the last few years and then I discovered
http://www.professorsolomon.com/

At first I thought it was daft and too simple to work but have had success every time I have persevered with it.
I found "domestic drift" very useful.
Please let me know if you try it.

Upvote 0

camper

Free Member
Oct 5, 2011
England
Funster No
MH
VW T5 campervan
Exp
Adventure before Dementia

Very good.I like it.Wish I'd thought of it.
Just what I was hoping for!

Upvote 0

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
JJ you would be proud of my Shirl with your magic knowledge & skills - the other night I lost my glasses - nothing unusuall about that - I was outside at the time and wondered if I had left them inside - took boots off and had a good search around - no glasses - Shirl comes back indoors and I tell her that I have lost my glasses to which she does the usual quick search and promply plucks them out of my boots that I was wearing when I lost them - now there is not enough room in my boots for my feet and the glasses and my feet were definately in the boots when I lost the glasses :Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek::Eeek:

Bill, please sit down before reading this post.

You have been so kind to me in the past I can not let you continue to be in the dark over this matter of your glasses.

Shirl has tricked you well and good.

Here is how she did it.

The moment Shirl knew you had mis-placed your glasses she saw where they were (where you had left them right?) She used her x-ray vision learnt from the International Women's Movement manual.

Then, knowing you can't see very well without them it was easy for her to slip them into her sleeve.

Then calling for your attention, she reaches into your welly with her arm at the correct angle. (Again, learnt from the manual.)

The glasses slide down her sleeve and, gripping them at the end of her finger tips, she apparently lifts them out of the boot making you think they were there all the time.

Got it? :thumb:

Don't fall for it Lads... it is a plot against us all.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Minxy

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 22, 2007
E Yorks
Funster No
MH
Carthago Compactline
Exp
Since 1996, had Elddis/Swift/Rapido/Rimor/Chausson MHs. Autocruise/Globecar PVCs/Compactline i-138
It is TRUE ... there IS a black hole in campers!!! I know, cause I've found it! ::bigsmile:

What am I blathering on about? Well, let me tell you a little story first.

I mentioned previously that we had bought a Smart car and collected it last Thursday, then on Friday we went to Camper UK to have a few jobs done on our van. After moving some of the bits and pieces from our van to the Smart car so they wouldn't be in the way (we'd bought loads of stuff from the show etc), I then took my laptop out of the overcab storage area and the folder with the paperwork for the Smart car dropped off onto the floor. As we were in a hurry to vacate the van, I quickly picked it up and left it in the van, then we spent the morning slobbing around in the dealer's lounge area where I did some surfing on the web and drank their lovely hot chocolate! When they'd done the jobs we returned to the van and moved some of the bits back from the smart car and then came home and emptied the van of some of our bits and pieces (just the ones we needed).

On Saturday morning hubby was looking for the Smart car paperwork and we couldn't find it - I remembered it falling off and picking it up, then leaving it in the van, but that was all ... that's when the 'fun' started ... :whatthe:

We completely stripped out all of the stuff from the van that we'd bought, went through all of the lockers, cupboards, cubby-holes etc and couldn't find it ... we then went through all the stuff we'd removed and check it, then checked again ... and the van again ... we also went through the Smart car too (just in case!) and still couldn't find the paperwork. Oh b*gger!!!!! :Eeek: It was all of the paperwork - the bill of sale, MOT, service history, engine guarantee etc for the Smart ... the lot ... gone ... the only thing we could think of was that it had been picked up accidentally by one of the Camper UK technicians when they were working on the van ... phone call to Camper UK but nothing had been found ... they'd have a look ... no phone call back so they can't have found it ... oh double b*gger!!!!! By this time I'm sure you can imagine that we were getting a bit 'het up' about it to put it mildly - trying to replace all of the stuff wouldn't be easy! :Doh:

As we were out most of yesterday this morning we decided to ring Camper UK again and asked if they would have another look round to see if it had gone into their rubbish bin/skip with the packaging from some of the items that had been replaced whilst we'd been there - yup, they'd have a good look round. :thumb:

In the meantime we set to and had yet another check of all the stuff, both out of and in the van ... now, I remembered that on Saturday morning, when clearing the van initially, that a laminated A4 piece paper had tried to go AWOL down the back of the overhead cab locker and was lurking between the cab headlining and the outside panel - I could just see the end of it sticking out so retrieved it ... I wondered if the paperwork had made a bid for freedom that way too! Out came a thin piece of garden cane, then a fly swatter, and eventually hubby managed to retrieve the 'folder' from the paperwork!!!! Ah-ha ... so that's where it had gone!!!! To say we were relieved is an understatement!! :RollEyes:

But there was more to come as that was the easy part ... how the h*ll were we going to get it out!! :cry: Hubby got his phone and was just about to ring Camper UK when Alan, the workshop manager, rang him - they couldn't find the pap erwork (no wonder!) and hubby told him the good news ... but then the bad news as to where it was and asked for his advice on how to retrieve it ... that's going to be a 'big job' it he said!!! :cry:

In the meantime I'd tried to remove the plastic moulding in the base of the overcab locker but it was impossible due to 3 of the screws being hidden behind the facia panel. So I had then moved to the front of the headlining next to the windscreen to see if I could get up into the cavity that way. I was in the process of removing one of the cab sun visors near where we thought the paperwork might be - Alan said that would probably be the easiest way anyway but that I'd have to remove the cab light too to get access ... easier said than done as the clips that hold the light in place are way over the top, but eventually we managed to get it off and I unscrewed it.

I managed carefully to pull the headlining down a bit and could just see the paperwork which was caught up behind one of the stregthening pieces which run across the cab so there was no way it would just drop out. I pushed my hand a little way in but it was a very tight fit and I didn't want to damage anything so I tried retrieve it with some tongs ... unsuccessfully. Now there was no other option but to push my hand further in ... fortunately I just managed to squeeze it in sufficiently so that I could 'tweezer' the paperwork between my finger tips and gradually pull it all out. Hubby checked it was all out and I was then able to put everything back without damaging the headlining. Hooray!!!! ::bigsmile:

Determined NEVER to have a repeat of this, I then got some pipe lagging and white gaffer tape and filled the gap with cut-down pieces of the lagging and then ran tape over it to prevent it moving and seal it all up ... no way is ANYTHING going to go down THAT BLACK HOLE again!!!!! :thumb:

So, the moral of this story is ... check to see if your overcab is 'sealed' at the rear and if not, seal it as soon as possible ... I don't know what caused the paperwork to go down there but I certainly wouldn't want anyone else to have to go through the worry and palaver we have!!!!

Hopefully we don't have any more BLACK HOLES in our van .... :RollEyes:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back