YES I have changed the words again (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Yes I have changed the words to my various adverts selling the Winnebago... NO the price has not gone down... that was the issue I have had a lot of emails asking me what I would take for it cash... read my lips... £22,500 .. dropped from £34k .. no I am not dropping it any more.

Almost every day I get an email from one of the sites where it is listed.. ebay, preloved or gumtree ... almost begging type emails.. I cannot afford what you are asking so what will you reduce it to? if they cannot afford to buy it how the hell do they expect to run a motor home, insure it etc., it amazes me that people can send these requests.

The other day it was will I leave the pioneer and tow ball on (see another thread).. he then comes back and says he is keen and want it (has not been to see it) can he pay a deposit and pay for the balance in November ... the stories and requests get better and better.

Watch this space for the next instalment ... better than Dallas.:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:

Bob:Blush:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Yes I have changed the words to my various adverts selling the Winnebago... NO the price has not gone down... that was the issue I have had a lot of emails asking me what I would take for it cash... read my lips... £22,500 .. dropped from £34k .. no I am not dropping it any more.
Almost every day I get an email from one of the sites where it is listed.. ebay, preloved or gumtree ... almost begging type emails.. I cannot afford what you are asking so what will you reduce it to? if they cannot afford to buy it how the hell do they expect to run a motor home, insure it etc., it amazes me that people can send these requests.
The other day it was will I leave the pioneer and tow ball on (see another thread).. he then comes back and says he is keen and want it (has not been to see it) can he pay a deposit and pay for the balance in November ... the stories and requests get better and better.

Watch this space for the next instalment ... better than Dallas.:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:
Love it, do keep them coming:ROFLMAO:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
::bigsmile:Hi Bob put it back upto 34k then you can get/take offers @ 25k :ROFLMAO::thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Apr 13, 2012
Funster No
MH
Mobilvetta Euroyacht
Exp
1996, then break 'til 2011
Offers 'unseen' are worthless - plenty of dreamers around.

Yours is almost a 'one off' - how many more in the UK?

There is someone out there who will want your van - but it might take a bit longer for them to find you.

£22500 is too cheap!

You will still get offers whatever the price!

Personally I would advertise it for £26,000 and hope for £25000

Be patient - good luck

Jan 4, 2012
somerset
Funster No
MH
Fiat Ducato
Exp
A few years now
I spose it must be a unusual item to sell .
It would be one for a Winnie fan/ a adventurous type / a full timer.
Where would one of those look to buy?

A Winnie dealer--- put on a forecourt as a sale or return ?

A MH or RV auction ?

A local to you Caravan /MH forecourt?

Park up on a large campsite where RV`s and full timers, stop in the winter time with for sale signs on it?

Where did you buy it--would they px or buy it back?

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
USA to far to go

I spose it must be a unusual item to sell .
It would be one for a Winnie fan/ a adventurous type / a full timer.
Where would one of those look to buy?

A Winnie dealer--- put on a forecourt as a sale or return ?

A MH or RV auction ?

A local to you Caravan /MH forecourt?

Park up on a large campsite where RV`s and full timers, stop in the winter time with for sale signs on it?

Where did you buy it--would they px or buy it back?

USA to far to go:Sad::Sad::Sad::Sad:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
and another one on the way

And another looker due any moment.. he is from a local area and yes:RollEyes: he read the new words and is not coming to make an offer... and he has had an RV in the past ...a Rockwell... just wanted to know if the Ford had better brakes.... well of course it does, Stop on a dime.

Anyway he sounds the most interested to date.. still lots of email time wasters.

fingers crossed.

JJ

Mágica
May 1, 2008
Quinta Majay, Pinheiro Bordalo, Portugal
Funster No
MH
Burstner Privilege T
Exp
over 50 years
I really worry about the use of the word "time waster."

You advertise something for sale and people reply... with questions...

Some come to look but don't buy.

Which ones are "time wasters"?

If someone is interested but feels on seeing it it ss not what they wanted... are they "time wasters"?

If an ad ever says "no time wasters" I wouldn't dream of following it up...

JJ :Cool:

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
no JJ it is the ones that do not show up

I really worry about the use of the word "time waster."

You advertise something for sale and people reply... with questions...

Some come to look but don't buy.

Which ones are "time wasters"?

If someone is interested but feels on seeing it it ss not what they wanted... are they "time wasters"?

If an ad ever says "no time wasters" I wouldn't dream of following it up...

JJ :Cool:

Time wasters JJ are like the chap that was coming at 3 and calls at 3.10 to say he cannot make it.. can he come another time... so I call them time wasters as they have wasted my time.. very simple that one JJ.

X

Xoxoc

Deleted User
...of course the REAL reason it isn't selling is because it has now been listed with 14 different levels of specification, 6 different sets of photographs, 24 different descriptions...Potential buyers don't realise that they are the same van and believe there to be a glut of this particular make/model at the moment and all the owners are keen to get shut :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:winky::winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
any luck with yours yet Bryan?

...of course the REAL reason it isn't selling is because it has now been listed with 14 different levels of specification, 6 different sets of photographs, 24 different descriptions...Potential buyers don't realise that they are the same van and believe there to be a glut of this particular make/model at the moment and all the owners are keen to get shut :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:winky::winky:

Any luck with yours yet Bryan?

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
we have just costed up what we have taken off

We have spent sometime this afternoon adding up the items we have taken off the RV.. those items that took 9 hours to remove...

It was just over £5k ...

We have now priced them all down to around £2k or £1,500 if a buyer of the RV takes the lot.

So the figure of £25k I was asking was not so far off the mark if you take our bottom figure now...

That is with out the capital spend items, like sat TV (dome) the Sterling 1500 watt inverter, the air suspension Back up camera and the VanBitz alarm.... I was not far out on the guess I had of £14k we spent on extras for the RV...

The original by price was £28k (imported price) plus the £14k making £42k .. leaving on the goodies as fixture and fittings at £22,500 that is a bargain still... even if a buyer has the bundle of goodies at say £1,500 a cheap RV for £24k ..... £18k down on the original costs to me.

Motor homing is expensive.

I now have it in Friday add as well - they called and gave a 4 week free advert.

bob:Blush:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I now have one coming at 21.30

It is pitch black and I have a possible buyer on the way round the M25 due here at 9.30 ish..

Is this world mad or what?

Mind you I sold a day van to a WPC from Wiltshire once in the dark.. taking it to the local petrol station so she could see it in the dark.

More to the saga tomorrow. No buyers to now a lot coming out of the woodwork.

Bob

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
buyers-market.jpg

pappajohn

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 26, 2007
Dark side of the moon
Funster No
Exp
Since 2005
It is pitch black and I have a possible buyer on the way round the M25 due here at 9.30 ish..

Is this world mad or what?

Mind you I sold a day van to a WPC from Wiltshire once in the dark.. taking it to the local petrol station so she could see it in the dark.

More to the saga tomorrow. No buyers to now a lot coming out of the woodwork.

Bob
wasnt it dark enough at your house Bob ? :ROFLMAO:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back