Spain for December? (1 Viewer)

May 23, 2008
Near Durham City
Funster No
MH
Carthago
Exp
Since 1984
Hi everyone, I am receiving ever increased agro from the lady of the house to ask
all you very knowledgeable funsters for information. I have put off by even saying the site was closed due to annual holidays but she realises it must be open now.
She hasn't been very well and fancies a break of 4-6 weeks in Northern Spain. The coast is
a must as she likes a paddle. Have any members visited a descent campsite on the coast round about The Bay of Roses who are reasonably priced? We will be driving
down from Calais and hopefully secure somewhere tested by a funster.
Many thanks for all help in advance.

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
Bit too cold for my taste that far north, especially at night.

Only ever stayed around there in the early or late summer, as a lot of the campsites open from March to October.

I'm sure there must be some that stay open all year, but I wouldn't know where they might be.

Maybe some one on here will know.

Pete:Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
agree with pete .far too cold could even have snow on the beach . wont be the first time seen it a few times . bbbrrr.
get further south you know it makes sense.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
agree with pete .far too cold could even have snow on the beach . wont be the first time seen it a few times . bbbrrr.
get further south you know it makes sense.

True enough.

I've experienced frosty mornings as far down as Benidorm, before now.

Pete:Cool:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
i,m sure nobody is taught just how cold spain can be .
it really is a shock to most .
i remember coming home as a kid and being called a liar by a teacher .
even at malaga you look inland and see snow lots of times .
well even gib you can do it . nobody believes it till they see it .
i keep telling folk arrive at santander in early nov .see snow on the hills .
leave late april still snow on the hills ,very often a fresh covering over night .

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Costa Brava in December is gonna be cool...!
Roses... We used to stay here when passing
http://www.campingsalata.com/en/camping-salata-roses
Check that it's open as one year it was open in January then next year closed for a month!

Most sites and business's will be shut around that area.. Further down is Blanes and Santa Suzanna.
Been here in February, ok but not sunbathing weather.
http://www.campinglamasia.com/
http://www.campingbonrepos.com/ - This is a nice spot, ideal to get train into Barcelona. If I had to go to that area I would pick this one..

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
4-6 weeks in Northern Spain. The coast is
a must as she likes a paddle.

The good news she'll not bother you next year, in the unlikely event she does not freeze to death she'll throw up at the sound of "Spain".

Even the deep south is cold, though nothing like here.

You need Morocco if you really want some warmth.

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
one of my bosses had a villa in sant pol de mar just below calella went one xmas never again colder than uk .

Apr 24, 2012
Worcester
Funster No
MH
RMB Concorde
Exp
Since 2010
We spent one Christmas in a small hotel near Tamariu a few years ago. Beautiful heavy frosts in the morning and t-shirts by the beach for lunch. Blue skies all the time!!

Stephen & Jeannie

Free Member
Aug 27, 2008
Gobowen near Oswestry !!
Funster No
MH
Sold and bought a Caravan
Exp
9 years !!!!
Re. The weather !!

One thing I noticed at the Rally at Marjal in February was that ladies in the skimpiest of attire were often seen strutting their stuff on the omnipresent white plastic chair ! So the weather can't be all that inclement !!
What brave girls they are !!!!!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

vwalan

Funster
Sep 23, 2008
roche cornwall
Funster No
MH
lynton5th wheel
Exp
since a child
bet they had things sticking out you could hang a wet donkey jacket on as well. :ROFLMAO:

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Spain in Winter months

Spain by day can usually be pleasant with teeshirts being worn by 10am come 4pm and it starts to get cool and some nights really cool as in frost or snow especially over hilly areas, but there is usually the sun in the day. The Med is even cool/cold for dipping your toes.You will find only sites with indoor pools will allow swimming as outdoor pools are closed and drained, and as already stated it is not unusual to see snow on the beach in some areas

Last edited:

Teasy2007

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 26, 2007
Rotherham South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
Carthago Malibu PVC
Exp
Since 2005
Hi everyone, I am receiving ever increased agro from the lady of the house to ask
all you very knowledgeable funsters for information. I have put of by even saying the site was closed due to annual holidays but she realises it must be open no.
She hasn't been very well and fancies a break of 4-6 weeks in Northern Spain. The coast is
a must as she likes a paddle. Have any members visited a descent campsite on the coast round about The Bay of Roses who are reasonably priced? We will be driving
down from Calais and hopefully secure somewhere tested by a funster.
Many thanks for all help in advance.

Bon repos santa suzanna is right on the beach. its close to village and train. we have friends who go every xmas.

Don Quixote

Free Member
Jul 29, 2012
Lost in La Mancha, Spain
Funster No
MH
VW T6 Campervan
Exp
Not long enough, but a little common sense helps..........
Cold at night

We live in Spain and Nov/Dec it's fine during the day 10am for just short sleeve shirt / shorts up to around 5pm then it's jumper on.... Day time temp from 10C to 16C - night from 7C to -2C
Dec/Jan - living here we are in jeans ( no shorts now ) and jumper all day. In the sun it can be nice and warm, but shade it's cold.
Day time temp from 7C to 14C - night from 5C to -2C

We are in the Murcia region. As we only got our MH 6 weeks ago cannot tell you what winter time would be like in MH, but we plan to go for a few weeks down around the Seville area and will post here our findings as long as the heater is working at night in the MH.....

Don

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back