Sep 3, 2012
stoke
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
20 yrs
Hello everyone.

We are planning a tour of Italy in the new year and wonder if anyone has any suggestions ( sensible ones only please).we have a tag axle motor and do not do narrow or unclassified roads but being true motorhomers ( pot rattlers) we prefer to use free sites and non toll roads .
Thanks in anticipation Hymer774 :thumb:

cydersyd

Free Member
Deceased RIP
Jul 21, 2010
Sherborne, Dorset
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
12 years.
Hello everyone.

We are planning a tour of Italy in the new year and wonder if anyone has any suggestions ( sensible ones only please).we have a tag axle motor and do not do narrow or unclassified roads but being true motorhomers ( pot rattlers) we prefer to use free sites and non toll roads .
Thanks in anticipation Hymer774 :thumb:

Hello Hymer and welcome to the site.

I too am heading to Italy next year for the first time. We have done France for a number of years now and fancied a change. Looking through web sites it seems that free aires (or Aree Di Sostas) as they are known are few and far between. Many of them are chargable. Campsites also charge far more than here I find.

You may well be surprised when you start your research that this trip is going to cost.

Regards, Cydersyd.

Theonlysue

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 14, 2009
Essex
Funster No
MH
As Executive 50th an
Exp
Not long enough!
I can recomend Camping Butterfly at Lake Garda - see The Italian Job on this forum.

Great campsite, very clean, not too large, short walk from a lovely town and not too expensive, You need to prebook well in advance.

S

quarryjmiller

Free Member
Aug 13, 2012
Hereford
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
Since 2006
Hello everyone.

Thanks in anticipation Hymer774 :thumb:[/

We love Camping Tranquilla at Baveno on Lake Maggiore, we found the roads narrow on the last leg of the journey is a 7m four wheeler with a 3m trailer but it was well worth it and at €14 a night it was superb value for money, Happy Village on the outskirts of Rome with a free shuttle bus to the local commuter station was superb as well, all for €14 a night, you couldn't ask for more.

I don't think that you have to stay for free to be a true motorhomer, we usually travel out of season, use an ACSI card and get good value for money.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back