Yappy dogs at shows (1 Viewer)

Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
For the passed two mornings my beauty sleep (Which I need badly ::bigsmile:) has been disturbed at about 6am by dogs howling away continuously from about 6am, some 100yds up the road here at Newark. Its not enough to bother me so I go back to sleep, but I wonder what the campers next door to the dogs think? If my cat was outside making a row at 6am I would be out there like a shot, and bring it in, let alone a dog. Some people seem to have no consideration for others at all. :Angry:

Ian

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
You feeling a bit RUFF Ian:ROFLMAO:
I have no concept of what goes on at 6am anywhere,
I assume you mean the 6 where Corrie dont follow:thumb::thumb:
Geo

Nov 30, 2009
Pickering
Funster No
MH
PVC the PUG
Exp
Since 2009 with motorhomes several caravans then tents before that.
Winds me up too , something chronic . I home in to any yap yap yap.
Beats me how a couple can sit in the motorhome relaxing , reading , whilst a yappy little baby:RollEyes: jumps all over the dash and across the seat tops . Yapping at everything that walks past. You see it so often as well.

Whining kids have the same effect on Ralph .

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

fezxovwl

Free Member
Sep 1, 2012
fuzhou
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm a newbie
some people

Some people seem to have no consideration for others at all,many people like this in china

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
err Im pretty sure that near/next to the entrance to the Newark ground there was a kennels/cattery, could this be where the yapping is coming from

Wizbangs

Free Member
Nov 8, 2011
MK, UK
Funster No
MH
AS Burford Duo
Exp
Four years
My two are noisy critters when they see other dogs, but at 6.00 am they are snoring.. actually they snore so loud they could wake the neighbours. :ROFLMAO:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
When in rural areas of Spain and Portugal, you have to learn to sleep through the intense chorus of dog barks and howls that go on through the entire night. Then those lazy canines sleep all day resting their vocal chords till its dark:Smile:

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
err Im pretty sure that near/next to the entrance to the Newark ground there was a kennels/cattery, could this be where the yapping is coming from

We were down the first turn on your left as you came through the gate, won't go there again as the high trees completely blank out the sun until late afternoon. :Sad:

No idea if there is any kennels, if there is then I apologise to any dog owning campers.

Just parked up at Downton now so the wife can get some last minute retail therapy on the last day of our hols. ::bigsmile:

Ian

Last edited:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Ezzie hates them also

Ezzie (our St Bernard) hates them as well... it is always the small yappa that wants to have a fight or has to have a yap at her.

It is rare to hear Ezzie woof ....or bark as you wish:winky:... but I must admit being a dog owner, I also get fed up with other peoples dogs that are not under control or yap at everyone.

We were in France in June, and a Dutch couple had one that yapped every time anyone walked down the site road.... in the end after 2 weeks a British chap went and moaned.. they left he site the next day.... but they said it was always the same, they had to move on or be asked to move. The dog had yapped all it's life.

We were opposite and it drove us round the bend.

Bob:Blush:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
Having an allergy to dogs I am always concerned that they be under the control of their owners to avoid problems for others.

Yapping doesn't trigger my asthma but it annoys my ears greatly ::bigsmile: We were on a THS a few weeks ago and the family in a nearby van went out leaving the dog to yap away. Luckily we were going out ourselves so weren't affected for long. I did think it was inconsiderate of the owners to leave the dog as they must have known it yaps when left alone.

keith

Free Member
Aug 25, 2007
Ecclefechan
Funster No
MH
Autocruise Starseeker
Exp
Caravaning since 1974 - Motorhoming since 2003
We were down the first turn on your left as you came through the gate, won't go there again as the high trees completely blank out the sun until late afternoon. :Sad:

No idea if there is any kennels, if there is then I apologise to any dog owning campers.

Just parked up at Downton now so the wife can get some last minute retail therapy on the last day of our hols. ::bigsmile:

Ian

My pet hate that (no pun), if they cannot leave a dog in their van for a couple of hours it should be taken with them.
The worst are motorcycle owners as they cannot take the dog with them so we have to put up with the yapping on a quiet afternoon when I fancy 40 winks. :swear:

Nov 6, 2008
Ramsey, Isle of Man.
Funster No
MH
Coachmen Concord 300TS
Exp
8 years with an RV
My hate too is yapping dish mops pretending to be dogs. Yap! Yap! Yap! and the owners sit and smile, thinking everyone should be enjoying the noise.
I hate the pi$$ sniffing $hit machines.
On a Chester site recently the caravan next to us, had two dogs, and they were quiet dogs, no problem there, but the size of them!.................................well, when they took them for a walk the owners were smaller than the dogs! They were like camels without humps! And from the rear the dogs looked like they were sporting a pawn brokers sign with one missing!
Lord only knows what the sleeping arrangements were like.

Craig

MikeD

Free Member
Dec 21, 2011
London
Funster No
MH
IH PVC
Exp
Since 2012
Dog lovers?

There were a couple of Alsations up our way that were barely in control of their owners (Have I typed that right).
Everybody was complaining about the behaviour of the youngest dog and the indifference of its owners to the issues it caused.
But its not the dogs fault - just the lack of control its owner has over it :Doh:

But the owners were in the right place to buy a dog guard to protect the public from their lack of control :thumb:

beachcaster

Free Member
Dec 18, 2010
east sussex
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
a few years
If they invented a dog that didnt poop or bark I might even have one.
Until then my pet is a fish finger.

Sits quietly in the freezer.......never makes a sound nor do I have to take it for a walk.

Fair enough its not very good at picking up sticks....but you cant have it all !

I was so impressed I bought several and keep them in a packet !!!!

barry:Smile:

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
My hate too is yapping dish mops pretending to be dogs. Yap! Yap! Yap! and the owners sit and smile, thinking everyone should be enjoying the noise.
[HI]I hate the pi$$ sniffing $hit machines.[/HI]
On a Chester site recently the caravan next to us, had two dogs, and they were quiet dogs, no problem there, but the size of them!.................................well, when they took them for a walk the owners were smaller than the dogs! They were like camels without humps! And from the rear the dogs looked like they were sporting a pawn brokers sign with one missing!
Lord only knows what the sleeping arrangements were like.

Craig

Yeah me too.:Angry:

I much prefer cats, as they hide their $hit.:thumb:

Pete:Cool:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Ezzie (our St Bernard) hates them as well... it is always the small yappa that wants to have a fight or has to have a yap at her.

It is rare to hear Ezzie woof ....or bark as you wish:winky:... but I must admit being a dog owner, I also get fed up with other peoples dogs that are not under control or yap at everyone.

We were in France in June, and a Dutch couple had one that yapped every time anyone walked down the site road.... in the end after 2 weeks a British chap went and moaned.. they left he site the next day.... but they said it was always the same, they had to move on or be asked to move. The dog had yapped all it's life.

We were opposite and it drove us round the bend.

Bob:Blush:
My dog very rarely makes any noise which can give a false sense of security. He thinks that making a noise just scares potential pray away.:Sad:

Spacerunner

Free Member
Apr 7, 2008
Hampshire
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
For the passed two mornings my beauty sleep (Which I need badly ::bigsmile:) has been disturbed at about 6am by dogs howling away continuously from about 6am, some 100yds up the road here at Newark. Its not enough to bother me so I go back to sleep, but I wonder what the campers next door to the dogs think? If my cat was outside making a row at 6am I would be out there like a shot, and bring it in, let alone a dog. Some people seem to have no consideration for others at all. :Angry:

Ian

Bless.

OP
OP
olley
Jul 29, 2007
Ipswich
Funster No
MH
RV and PVC
Exp
30 years
For the passed two mornings my beauty sleep (Which I need badly )

I was thinking about this, should it be "Which I badly need?"

Only grammatic pedants reply please. ::bigsmile:

Ian

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back