Free Member
Sep 1, 2012
N. Ireland
Funster No
MH
C class
Exp
Hi everyone!
I sympathise with Andrew in the "should we, shouldn't we" thread. After ages and ages, my wife and I thought we had finally come to a decision to buy a MH. We really took to a 6 berth 2008 Lunar champ, sorted out finances etc and I was about to go to the dealer tomorrow and take the leap.
Now I have found out that both Lunar and their parent company no longer make motorhomes. We are really worried that something will go wrong in the future and we will not be able to get parts or even get a fair trade in price.
Is this going to be be an issue? Maybe we should hold off again and wait for something else?
Any advice would be really appreciated.

Marybarry

SandJ

Free Member
Sep 14, 2007
North Yorks
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
Too long lol
Hi everyone!
I sympathise with Andrew in the "should we, shouldn't we" thread. After ages and ages, my wife and I thought we had finally come to a decision to buy a MH. We really took to a 6 berth 2008 Lunar champ, sorted out finances etc and I was about to go to the dealer tomorrow and take the leap.
Now I have found out that both Lunar and their parent company no longer make motorhomes. We are really worried that something will go wrong in the future and we will not be able to get parts or even get a fair trade in price.
Is this going to be be an issue? Maybe we should hold off again and wait for something else?
Any advice would be really appreciated.

Marybarry

We had a Lunar A680, we liked layout but would not buy another one. That is just our preference.
You are wise to consider future trade in as a cheap van now may mean a poor trade in later. Try to get the layout right before buying as most find you think you have but surprisingly you have not, including us. :thumb:

Dec 6, 2011
South Wales
Funster No
MH
Coach built Adria
Exp
Since 2007
hi and welcome...:thumb:

my view would be.... The base vehicle is proably one of the main chassis, ( Fiat, Peugout, renault, etc ) so spares unlikely to be a problem. the appliances in the van are all likely standard fittings; ( Dometic, carver, Trauma, etc ) so spares there should be ok; so its really bits of the main habitaion build that you could be concerned about, if you need a window or a body part. Lunar still make caravans so i would guess may be able to be contacted them regarding possible spares etc, and their potential availability.

Link Removed

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Mary and welcome :thumb: I would not be too concerned as most things that cost money are fitted to other makes and readyly avaiable IE cookers, fridges, heate,r waterterheater and windows etc,Ask the dealer ? and get whatever you agree in writing :thumb:
If you are concerened then look at another make :winky:
terry

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back