carpet cleaning on an RV plus others? (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
My RV has not a great deal of carpet other than the usual bit down the middle and under the slideout (when closed) plus under the table in the actual slide out unit (Winnibago Aspect). Despite a runner over the original cream carpet and having tried plastic runners and plastic cling film type stuff we decided we needed to shampoo it.

Over the years in the house we have tried various brands and they never really work very well.

Being a keen fan of Lakeland - all those nice things they sell for the home and lots suitable for a camper.. They had an American Bissel unit for sale for £20.00 including a can of the cleaner. (an extra larger can cost £7.99)... for once it did what it says on the tin as the well know advert says. We had to do it twice in places, but the application unit that is small and has breakdown handle (4 bits) allowed you to get in to the hard to get places, plus the can (large one) allows you to spray direct from it. The unit has a brush unit to rub the spray in. Which I still used the brush bit without the handle in the hard to get places.

So if you need to do a small area then have a look at this in the Lakeland book or in one of there many stores. I expect they will have it on line as well.

Bob

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
My Mum's a BIG Lakeland fan, every time we go up to see her she has a big pile of Lakeland boxes for us to take to the recycling center, that and Amazon:ROFLMAO:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is the warrenty that gets me

My Mum's a BIG Lakeland fan, every time we go up to see her she has a big pile of Lakeland boxes for us to take to the recycling center, that and Amazon:ROFLMAO:

I like not only the products they do, but more the warrenty. if it does not do what you want to do with the item take it back.. they have a no questions asked policy. They even tell you that when you buy from them... good business ethics.

I purchased a hob unit for the RV .. the one that works off of metal to metal and stays cold to touch. (Induction) .. I had it in the RV and the Boss (Sue) was just starting to use it when I shout to her to move away from the unit... I was reading the instructions.. she has a pacemaker.. the induction can kill her from the magnetic waves... took it back even after use, no problem full refund.

They do great bread making bits and bobs (I make our own bread without a bread maker (that is me) ) plus all sorts of pots and pans and other gadgets. Well worth a visit and remember the warrenty...

Great company to do business with.

Bob:Eeek:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Oct 15, 2007
Five Roads Alyth
Funster No
MH
A class RV
Exp
since 2005
Visit, errr:Blush:, been there loads of times, the Windermere one.

We've had a few things and yes all seem very good and reliable:thumb:

They had this extendy wand duster/brush widget, I think it was aimed at dusting but it's superb for brushing the bits of trees etc off the awning before we put it away. SWMBO wanted a clothes airer and they had a good sized one that folded really small so it would tuck out of the way in one of the lockers.

It's still in the wrapping, in the locker two years later:Doh:

American Dream

Free Member
Aug 20, 2007
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
?
Exp
?
Visit, errr:Blush:, been there loads of times, the Windermere one.

We've had a few things and yes all seem very good and reliable:thumb:

They had this extendy wand duster/brush widget, I think it was aimed at dusting but it's superb for brushing the bits of trees etc off the awning before we put it away. SWMBO wanted a clothes airer and they had a good sized one that folded really small so it would tuck out of the way in one of the lockers.

It's still in the wrapping, in the locker two years later:Doh:

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: I can relate to that...

ipro

Free Member
Aug 31, 2012
redmond,USA
Funster No
MH
just looking
Exp
I'm newbie
seattle carpet cleaning

One of the most efficient ways to clean carpet is to invest in seattle carpet cleaning equipment. According to my view, Carpet cleaning need to be vacuumed once a week and more often in areas of heavy traffic.

carpet cleaning in seattle

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
do not have a lot on the RV

One of the most efficient ways to clean carpet is to invest in seattle carpet cleaning equipment. According to my view, Carpet cleaning need to be vacuumed once a week and more often in areas of heavy traffic.

carpet cleaning in seattle

Given my RV is only 23'3" outside.. I do not have a lot of carpet inside... may be 7' by 3' plus the area of the slide and the cab area.. do not have to do it often.

Mind you after the mud Sue walked into the cab from malvern I have had to do her side of the cab with the lakeland purchased unit... now all clean as it was.

Bob

Apr 27, 2008
Eastbourne East Sussex
Funster No
MH
Hymer low profile
Exp
Since 1972
Bissel carpet shamooers do seem the business. We have one (bigger version than Bobs) and it beats my stepsons Vax and was about half the price.::bigsmile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
We have a Lakeland in Watford but it is lacking their best facility. The main store in Windermere has something to keep the men happy while the women spend the money. Free internet terminals a load of newspapers and comfortable seats. Pity other retailers don't learn from it.:thumb:

Helga

Free Member
Aug 20, 2012
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Hymer
Exp
You got me all excited....

....so I had to rush out today to Cambridge to buy the Bissell Rug stick. My husband took one look and said "That won't work dear" All set to prove him wrong I put it to work 5 mins after getting home.
:cry: It won't work! I have shaken the can, tried the extra can we purchased, followed the instructions to the letter but no foam appears. I know the can is OK as foam will come out if I just use it without the rug stick. Very frustrating just waiting for a call back from Lakeland to see what I am doing wrong if anything.

Helga

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back