Aug 24, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Hi all!
Newark show will be the first one we've been to. Can you please tell me if travelling in the car, can we just turn up or do we have to book?
Is it an all day event? Also, are dogs allowed?
Sorry to be a pain :RollEyes: but as it's our first, we don't know how it all works and travelling from Manchester we don't want it to be a wasted journey.
Many thanks,
Leaha.:Smile:

Jim

Ringleader
Jul 19, 2007
Sutton on Sea, UK
Funster No
MH
Adria Panel Van.
Exp
Since 1988
Yes you can turn up in a car. Dogs are welcome. Its all day, there is a lot to see. Also there will be places to eat etc. We will have a stand there. You'll se the flags and fun banners, pop in for a coffee :thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
travelling from Manchester we don't want it to be a wasted journey.
Many thanks,
Leaha.:Smile:

Better adjust your thinking there. To a FUNster that is like "just nipping out for the paper". It's just down the road.

And if you have any aircraft enthusiasts there's a fine museum there as it was an airfield once. In fact not that long ago.

OP
OP
M

Mummyto3

Free Member
Aug 24, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
I know Brian. :roflmto: Just saves on the earache from the kids if I've dragged them out for no reason.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
I know Brian. :roflmto: Just saves on the earache from the kids if I've dragged them out for no reason.

Ah, now there's something else to consider in your search, it's blowing a gale, belting down and you are locked in your tin box. Is it earache proof ? It's bad enough with 2 adults but with 3 kids. Look for a double decker with soundproof top deck.

Seriously, I've had my 3 grandkids in for day trips, they can't move in our railway carriage layout ( which did give them the seat belts ). You are in a no-win situation, a nice U-shaped lounge does not have seat belts.

It occurs to me that a caravan is better suited to your mob. Double the space and of course the right number of seatbelts.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
M

Mummyto3

Free Member
Aug 24, 2012
Manchester
Funster No
MH
Don't own one yet
Exp
I'm a newbie
Ah, now there's something else to consider in your search, it's blowing a gale, belting down and you are locked in your tin box. Is it earache proof ? It's bad enough with 2 adults but with 3 kids. Look for a double decker with soundproof top deck.

Seriously, I've had my 3 grandkids in for day trips, they can't move in our railway carriage layout ( which did give them the seat belts ). You are in a no-win situation, a nice U-shaped lounge does not have seat belts.

It occurs to me that a caravan is better suited to your mob. Double the space and of course the right number of seatbelts.

I know what you mean Brian about the lack of space.

On our search so far, the most suitable and most spacious one for us has been the Swift Sundance 630L. Post 2007 models have 6 seatbelts which has been top on our essentials list. It has a double dinette at the front and a good sized U shaped lounge at the back. Appears to be spot on and very workable for us. Saying that though, the search continues! We need to be certain because 30 odd grand aint to be messed about with!

We thought about a caravan but decided against it as would have had to buy a new car too.

Thanks very much for your comments Brian. :Smile: They help novices like us.

Leaha. :Smile:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back