Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Just had the most silly offer on my RV... £10k..... some people live in a different world

Had offers of £19k, £22k and £24k to date.... I have reduced it now to £25,500 as I have removed most of the goodies.

Bt £10k.. dream on.

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
Just had the most silly offer on my RV... £10k..... some people live in a different world

Had offers of £19k, £22k and £24k to date.... I have reduced it now to £25,500 as I have removed most of the goodies.

Bt £10k.. dream on.

Bob
Your not accepting my offer then! :Cool:

Terry

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 27, 2007
Lincolnshire
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Can't remember ;)
Hi Bob did you not have it up for 25k at one point? You should have taken the 24k offer :Smile:Never mind you may get a better offer in the not too distant future :thumb:
terry

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
true Terry

Hi Bob did you not have it up for 25k at one point? You should have taken the 24k offer :Smile:Never mind you may get a better offer in the not too distant future :thumb:
terry

True Terry, I have removed lots of the goodies ..... yes I should have accepted the £24k.. water under the bridge... have to wait and see... still in discussion with one chap in the low £20k's ...

I have it at £25,500 to allow me to reduce slightly if I have to... but we have now taken all the goodies off.. either keep them for the toy hauler or sell them on ebay or may be the a buyer will see just how cheap they are.

Still trying to work out how a buyer will get an RV recovered if it does not have a tow ball ... as most RV's are recovered on a low-loader being pulled on by a winch, you need a reece tow ball.... I have removed the one normal one and the one with the roller ball and the extension unit... all part of of the items taken off.... 113 items and many multiple. ...

Bob

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it may come to that

just sell who ever buys it your tow ball for £2K

It may come to that... everyone wants cheap... but they forget what it costs to kit one of these out.

While I cannot remove things like air suspension, VanBitz Alarm or the 7 new tyres and new front pads..or the 26" tv or the DVD or the satellite dome or even the backup camera .. which is also a sat map system and entertainment unit... I have removed 113 items (some multiple)... such as the LED lighting will get changed back to the normal bulbs.. there are 19 of those... (one of the multiple items)... the RV is still way well over spec'd with lots of what I would describe as fixture and fittings. But the more someone wants to try and knock me down the more I will remove at the end of the day... The macerator unit will sell on ebay no problems as will the high pressure flat hose for it with the fireman fittings...

you have seen the RV, so you know what it is all about.

Bob

Last edited:

jonandshell

Free Member
Dec 12, 2010
Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Not got one!
Exp
Since 2006
The problem is, however much we value our possessions, they only have a cash value equivalent to that which someone is willing to pay for them.

We can all place a monetary value on an item based on what others are asking for theirs, but if there is no buyer, the item has no financial value.

Good luck though Bob, someone will be out there with the cash, will value the benefits of your RV as you do, and you will get your sale.:thumb:

Last edited:

darklord

Free Member
Apr 28, 2011
essex
Funster No
MH
coachbuilt
Exp
three years
True Terry, I have removed lots of the goodies ..... yes I should have accepted the £24k.. water under the bridge... have to wait and see... still in discussion with one chap in the low £20k's ...

I have it at £25,500 to allow me to reduce slightly if I have to... but we have now taken all the goodies off.. either keep them for the toy hauler or sell them on ebay or may be the a buyer will see just how cheap they are.

Still trying to work out how a buyer will get an RV recovered if it does not have a tow ball ... as most RV's are recovered on a low-loader being pulled on by a winch, you need a reece tow ball.... I have removed the one normal one and the one with the roller ball and the extension unit... all part of of the items taken off.... 113 items and many multiple. ...

Bob

No self respecting recovery operator would tow your motorhome up a ramp using a tow hitch of any description. they should use a set of "brothers" or "J- hooks" that they attach to your axle prefferably, or a chassis point.

wasp

Free Member
Dec 21, 2008
Warsop
Funster No
MH
None gone caravannin
Exp
Thing is Bob people now think cos fuel has gone up again that owners are dumpin their motors while they can, there are quite a few on E bay at the mo so it`s a buyers market.Folks will try to take advantage of the downturn of fortunes hopin to bag a steal.:Sad::Sad::Sad:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The tow ball rating is higher than the RV weight

No self respecting recovery operator would tow your motorhome up a ramp using a tow hitch of any description. they should use a set of "brothers" or "J- hooks" that they attach to your axle prefferably, or a chassis point.

The tow ball rating on my RV is higher than the RV weight.

I saw Landylover use his land rover to pull a 16ton out of mud last year at Shepton...

All those recovered from the rear at Peterborough were done on there tow balls.. even Ricks 18 ton Revolution.... Due to the low skirts on many RV's even at the back you do not have a choice in the matter.. it has to be on the tow ball.

Many RV's do not have Iframes that can be hooked up to at the front due to the steering gear on a yank.... so it has always been done from the rear ... 28 years I am aware of that happening. What one would like and what has to happen in the field is a different matter.

Bob

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
well they will not steal this one

Thing is Bob people now think cos fuel has gone up again that owners are dumpin their motors while they can, there are quite a few on E bay at the mo so it`s a buyers market.Folks will try to take advantage of the downturn of fortunes hopin to bag a steal.:Sad::Sad::Sad:

I am not in a forced sell situation.. no one is going to steal it... if it goes now good... if not next year.

I do not care what anyone says this is a cheap RV at this price... size and equipment and it does a lot more mpg that some RV's

Bob

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Its about 6" too short for what I was looking for.:Smile:

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I am not in a forced sell situation.. no one is going to steal it... if it goes now good... if not next year.

I do not care what anyone says this is a cheap RV at this price... size and equipment and it does a lot more mpg that some RV's

Bob
You could always rent it out as a bed sit for the winter, quality bed sits are in great demand around here.:winky:
What about a home for Ezzie, or is it a bit small for that::bigsmile:
Err somewhere to keep mice in maybe.:Smile:
Somewhere to keep all the stuff you have taken out of it.:roflmto:
Any more ideas.............?

eddie

LIFE MEMBER
Oct 4, 2007
Taunton Somerset
Funster No
MH
RV
Exp
since 1989
Ah Bob here is the rub! your selling something! That makes you a trader!

That makes you fair game for anyone who wants to make an insulting comment, or a stupid offer. You'll also be a "day out" for all those that just want to have a look around your van, will drink your tea, eat your biscuits and never have any intention of buying.

With some you'll have to listen to their stories, which you'll know are rubbish kiss their babies (grandchildren) heads, and pat their dogs!

And then when you have sold it for absolutely rock bottom, anything that goes wrong, irrespective if it was your fault or you could possibly have foreseen it will be met with demands for immediate resolution (even if it is a Sunday evening) compensation, damages, reparations, extra freebies, extra warranty, upgrades and grovelling letters of apology from anyone remotely connected to the deal.

Your soul will be theirs for the next few years (until they sell the van) and they will expect to be continually given additional things, citing when you ask them to pay for anything "I spent £25K with you and you want to charge me for a battery!!!)

Welcome to the trade Bob! :ROFLMAO:

Eddie:winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
biscuits? no way

That makes you fair game for anyone who wants to make an insulting comment, or a stupid offer. You'll also be a "day out" for all those that just want to have a look around your van, will drink your tea, eat your biscuits and never have any intention of buying.

With some you'll have to listen to their stories, which you'll know are rubbish kiss their babies (grandchildren) heads, and pat their dogs!

And then when you have sold it for absolutely rock bottom, anything that goes wrong, irrespective if it was your fault or you could possibly have foreseen it will be met with demands for immediate resolution (even if it is a Sunday evening) compensation, damages, reparations, extra freebies, extra warranty, upgrades and grovelling letters of apology from anyone remotely connected to the deal.

Your soul will be theirs for the next few years (until they sell the van) and they will expect to be continually given additional things, citing when you ask them to pay for anything "I spent £25K with you and you want to charge me for a battery!!!)

Biscuits Eddie???? no way... cup of tea maybe...:Blush:

Bob:winky:

Jul 4, 2010
Essex / central France
Funster No
MH
Hymer Star Line 680
Exp
9 years

Hang on there a minute Eddie, that's not a blanced view at all !

You've only described the good ones...

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I am not a trader

Hang on there a minute Eddie, that's not a blanced view at all !

You've only described the good ones...

Please note I am not a trader.... I was willing to take in px a disabled converted van (which I need to replace the car I have now.... just moving things around in the box)... but I have now removed that in the advert as I got some really silly offers.... I will just chop the car in I suspect in due course in the normal way and buy what I need and have it converted (lift).

So the RV is just for sale as a stand alone item.. at just a tad under the £25k .. the removable goodies are now off the RV and the rest stay with it.

I will just have to have Eddie put on new ones in due course when I get the toy hauler (Like he did with the Winnebago).

BUT I AM NOT A TRADER.... who ever gets it, gets it with.... sold as seen, no warranty given or implied, etc., etc., I have plenty of legal jargon.

Bob:Blush:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
stuck it on Gumtree now

it is on Ebay, Preloved and now gumtree...

Chris I can put a longer tow ball / reece unit.. can add 11" if required:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Bob

ShiftZZ

LIFE MEMBER
Feb 19, 2008
Dark Side of the Moon
Funster No
MH
A class
Exp
Since 2007
Nearly finished it..,.

war-peace.jpg

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
put it on Gumtree

I put it on Gum Tree and has one email and a chap call me... more than ebay and Autotrader and Prelove together (the call that is).

Bob

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I have had a silly offer and then a return offer nearer to what I want... but not quite enough..

I have an idea it`s a dealer..

Had a bloke from Essex been on the phone umpteen times, wanted to view tomorrow, and said he would phone regarding a meeting time, this morning...

No call....

There is an identical one at a dealers for £44k.... 5k miles less but not so many extras on... and identical year and lay out ... :Sad:

Would make a difference if dealers gave a 12 month warranty or say 10 K miles but most dont..:Sad: Unless it`s brand new.. :Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back