LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
For anyone still unsure about aires in France you may be interested in seeing this:

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_9QsKyP05Q[/ame]

Although I have to say that many we have stayed on have been nicer than these.

Wyn

(apologies if the link has already been mentioned but I couldn't find it)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
For anyone still unsure about aires in France you may be interested in seeing this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_9QsKyP05Q

Although I have to say that many we have stayed on have been nicer than these.

Wyn

(apologies if the link has already been mentioned but I couldn't find it)

Great, Just what the Funsters need, keep the photo's and videos flowing...love them ::bigsmile::thumb:

Apr 29, 2009
West Yorkshire...Halifax
Funster No
MH
Vanless....BUT....!!!!
Exp
Since 2007
OOH that makes me wanna load a van up and legit to France..It just shows what it's like motorhoming...JEALOUS ME!!!!....:censored:2I should coco....I recognised a lot of the places in that short...smashing...

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
WynandJean: How very kind of you to boost the viewing figures on my YouTube clip - £5 cheque in the post :winky:

PS: I've stayed on nicer ones too, but we don't want to be giving them all away do we?

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
WynandJean: How very kind of you to boost the viewing figures on my YouTube clip - £5 cheque in the post :winky:

PS: I've stayed on nicer ones too, but we don't want to be giving them all away do we?

Was it you? Excellent! Please accept a 'LIKE' from us

Wyn

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+

Whoooops sorry magicsurfbus I thought they were WynandJeans photo's & youtube video's (looks like a trip to specsavers for me:Doh: I should have checked)... yes I did like them they are great and as said keep the photo's video's coming :thumb:

Mel

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Very good. I've just added the poi set to my tomtom 1005 after much instruction searching it is quite easy :thumb:
Thanks

Tomtom-1005-pois-L.jpg

Last edited:

spitfire

Free Member
Oct 13, 2010
Correze France
Funster No
MH
Bavaria
Exp
Since 2003
Lovely video . But just a gentle reminder these are not camp sites. Only stopovers for varying lengths of time ( some just one night ) to enable touring and visiting the town or area. Try to buy at least your bread in the village and do not hang out washing between trees as I saw one British family do !!

Happy touring . :thumb:

OP
OP
WynandJean

WynandJean

LIFE MEMBER
Mar 23, 2010
West Midlands
Funster No
MH
Bailey Autograph 682
Exp
Since 2010
Whoooops sorry magicsurfbus I thought they were WynandJeans photo's & youtube video's (looks like a trip to specsavers for me:Doh: I should have checked)... yes I did like them they are great and as said keep the photo's video's coming :thumb:

Mel
Yes, I'm sorry if that was misleading. I didn't realise the actual clip would appear in my message, I thought it would be a link to click on to the host site.

Wyn

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Thanks for the kind words - the video clips were all filmed in 2010.

The accompanying website is in dire need of an update, as we've been to at least another 20 aires since it first went online, including a dozen or so in the last few weeks. Unfortunately we were preoccupied with family illness for much of 2010-11, and now I'm about to start a new day job, so it may have to wait a bit longer. I'll get the new panoramic pics up first, once I've panoramarised them, and add a link to Techno100's gallery thread as and when.

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Try to buy at least your bread in the village and do not hang out washing between trees as I saw one British family do !!

Not to mention emptying the loo cartridge down the right hole - the variety of places one finds blue shredded toilet paper (and worse) on Aires never ceases to amaze me.

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Thanks for the kind words - the video clips were all filmed in 2010.

The accompanying website is in dire need of an update, as we've been to at least another 20 aires since it first went online, including a dozen or so in the last few weeks. Unfortunately we were preoccupied with family illness for much of 2010-11, and now I'm about to start a new day job, so it may have to wait a bit longer. I'll get the new panoramic pics up first, once I've panoramarised them, and add a link to Techno100's gallery thread as and when.

http://techno.smugmug.com/Travel

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Really got the hang of it now ::bigsmile: I might knock em all up and more
POI-editing-L.jpg

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Right then Magicsurfbus
Would you like to try this as my first attempt?
a number of poi's and a fileset icon :roflmto:

Link Removed
Link Removed

Last edited:
D

DM14742

Deleted User
Well we're crossing Monday morning via the Chunnel for the first time, hopefully on route to the Dordogne. I have a little trepidation, getting round Rouen for example but I'm sure the reality isn't as bad as the imagination through a long tunnel, over the Seine & knowing my luck straight into a City Centre log jam.:Doh:
Anyway the Video has inspired me further to stay at a number of Aires as well as Sites so fingers crossed I live to tell the tale.:Eeek:

Techno

LIFE MEMBER
Deceased RIP
Jul 28, 2010
Leeds the one up North
Funster No
MH
Rapido 7090F 3 litre 160
Exp
May 2010
Right then Magicsurfbus
Would you like to try this as my first attempt?
a number of poi's and a fileset icon :roflmto:

Link Removed
Link Removed

file updated to 24 spots

Link Removed

magicsurfbus

Free Member
Oct 11, 2010
NW England
Funster No
MH
Bessacarr Coachbuilt
Exp
Since 1997
Well we're crossing Monday morning via the Chunnel for the first time, hopefully on route to the Dordogne. I have a little trepidation, getting round Rouen for example..

The best way through Rouen is around it - we always take the A29/E44 past le Havre and over the spectacular Pont de Normandie in both directions. Extra miles, yes, but less hassle, and a huge aire nearby at Honfleur if needed.

We were in the Dordogne a couple of weeks ago - there's a lovely riverside aire at La Roque-Gageac, and if you're into your prehistory a stop on the aire at Les-Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil (Google Maps 44.938808,1.00956) is compulsory. We spotted a number of other very pleasant looking aires around that area and we plan to return next Easter. Bon voyage.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back