french med,sites open in Oct? (1 Viewer)

H

haggis

Deleted User
hello all,Newbie to this site,been almost ten years since my last motorhome trip(had to cure my itchy feet:ROFLMAO: ),boy technology has moved on since then!! am hoping to head to the French Med,near the end of september till mid october and am looking for reccomendations for sites around Nice,or a little further south that are open at this time of year,also need to be dog friendly,any advice much appreciated!

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.
hello all,Newbie to this site,been almost ten years since my last motorhome trip(had to cure my itchy feet:ROFLMAO: ),boy technology has moved on since then!! am hoping to head to the French Med,near the end of september till mid october and am looking for reccomendations for sites around Nice,or a little further south that are open at this time of year,also need to be dog friendly,any advice much appreciated!

Hi haggis,
We are doing exactly the same, heading on the hull to zeebrugge ferry on the 21 September so if you hear of anything decent around Provence could you keep me posted.
Thanks.

Sep 27, 2007
Shropshire based
Funster No
MH
Globecar
Exp
started in 2001
There are a selection of sites open all year, but I would suggest you look at www.vicarious-shop.com and purchase ACSI camping card book. It covers all Europe and beyond, and France is very well represented. In addition to the site season dates, if you go of peak, a discount is available, all explained in the book. Each entry has a list of services available, gps co-ords. and a section map. We have used the ACSI book for a number of years and have been well satisfied with it.

Good luck and enjoy your trips:thumb:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Ivory55

Free Member
May 23, 2012
North West Norfolk
Funster No
MH
Coachbuilt
Exp
Since Feb 2012
hi would agree the acsi card very good. it lists the prices of the sites to. 12 14 or 16 euro a night very good value. ivory 55

Oct 12, 2011
West Sussex
Funster No
MH
Lowline
Exp
Since 2011 therefore I'm not a newbie anymore
We were down there last year till last week in Sept - going again this year on Saturday!!!!!!

Some sites were closing, especially as you got further north towards the coast.

however south of Dordogne the season lasts longer and sites can stay open till nov.

I went by ASCI and Camping Card sites - had caravan at the time - now of course w could use aires for night stopovers.

Have booked Guines in Calais for last night before getting Eurotunnel back.

Have a great trip

cheers

bob

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back