Setting up takes 4 hours but unloading is a joke (1 Viewer)

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I know JIM jokes about the time it takes me to set up at a show... Malvern being no exception, by the time I had spoken to the many that visited me while we attempted even a mini set up.

As many will know I have been with SWMBO unloading the RV in readiness of selling it. We are still taking things off.. I think it has taken us about 7 hours of serious work. I hear the hoover being used now so we cannot be that far off the finish.

Today I took the CB off and the indian breast plate and a lot of personal items. Making sure no damage has been done in the removal stage. Sorting items to stay on board such as spare wing mirror lens, rear lamp lens etc., etc., But we have attempted to take off all the items we put on and sell it in a bare-bones state...OK I cannot take of the satellite dome, etc., but the small items I have. Such as the portable macerator etc., If a buyer wants to haggle for them, then that is what i will do or sometime later I will put them on ebay or keep some of the items for the toy hauler. Now got to find somewhere to hang the indian breast plate until it goes in the replacement RV:Blush:

I think the amount of kitchen ware we had on the RV is amazing.. it almost duplicates the house... that is easy as that will be boxed and kept upstairs until ready to be unpacked on the new RV.

The RV seems so much more impersonal now... I just did not want to take the heart out of it if you follow me. .... Once Sue has finished cleaning it today.. my little Russian cleaner will be doing the outside tomorrow and all the insides of the cupboards we old codgers cannot reach these days...

It is on ebay yet again, and pre loved and ends on Auto Trader today (waste of money)... :cry:

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I know JIM jokes about the time it takes me to set up at a show... Malvern being no exception, by the time I had spoken to the many that visited me while we attempted even a mini set up.

As many will know I have been with SWMBO unloading the RV in readiness of selling it. We are still taking things off.. I think it has taken us about 7 hours of serious work. I hear the hoover being used now so we cannot be that far off the finish.

Today I took the CB off and the indian breast plate and a lot of personal items. Making sure no damage has been done in the removal stage. Sorting items to stay on board such as spare wing mirror lens, rear lamp lens etc., etc., But we have attempted to take off all the items we put on and sell it in a bare-bones state...OK I cannot take of the satellite dome, etc., but the small items I have. Such as the portable macerator etc., If a buyer wants to haggle for them, then that is what i will do or sometime later I will put them on ebay or keep some of the items for the toy hauler. Now got to find somewhere to hang the indian breast plate until it goes in the replacement RV:Blush:

I think the amount of kitchen ware we had on the RV is amazing.. it almost duplicates the house... that is easy as that will be boxed and kept upstairs until ready to be unpacked on the new RV.

The RV seems so much more impersonal now... I just did not want to take the heart out of it if you follow me. .... Once Sue has finished cleaning it today.. my little Russian cleaner will be doing the outside tomorrow and all the insides of the cupboards we old codgers cannot reach these days...

It is on ebay yet again, and pre loved and ends on Auto Trader today (waste of money)... :cry:

Bob
Before I sold my van Bob, I opened the rear door of the van, reversed into the garage at full revs hit the brakes hard and everything was stacked up in the garage. Simples.....What more is there to it.:Smile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
do not have a rear door Buttons

Before I sold my van Bob, I opened the rear door of the van, reversed into the garage at full revs hit the brakes hard and everything was stacked up in the garage. Simples.....What more is there to it.:Smile:

The problem I see Buttons is I do not have a rear door:RollEyes: ... some to the garage, some to the upstairs spare bedroom, some to the workshop at the back of the house and some to the office ...separate building at the back. the rest all over the kitchen and lounge at present. The Indian breastplate is hanging at the moment from a corner of the TV:Blush:... got told to move it already.

Enough for today.

bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Geo

Trader - Funster
Jul 29, 2007
Mansfield,Notts
Funster No
MH
Autotrail Tracker FB
Exp
45 +years with breaks
He was joking Bob
What he's really done is placed all the contents of the VW in a self addressed envelope and just keeps re posting it till the new van arrives:thumb:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I know Geo, I know

He was joking Bob
What he's really done is placed all the contents of the VW in a self addressed envelope and just keeps re posting it till the new van arrives:thumb:

I know Geo, I know...... that was a neat bit of getting recovered at Malvern.. towed in and loaded up going out... like it... a man not to miss a show.... has to get the gold medal.

It is sad when they have to be recovered.

bob

Oct 1, 2007
Kirby cross further from londin
Funster No
MH
Between Motor homes
Exp
since 08

As many will know I have been with SWMBO unloading the RV in readiness of selling it. We are still taking things off.. [HI]I think it has taken us about 7 hours[/HI] of serious work. I hear the hoover being used now so we cannot be that far off the finish.

Bob

Good job it's only 23'foots and 9 hinches" long then :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
:thumb::roflmto::thumb::thumb:

Last edited:

old-mo

Funster
Extra Special
LIFE MEMBER
Oct 16, 2008
Weymouth. Dorset...
Funster No
MH
Nearly aint got one.
Exp
Caravan & motorhome 45 + yrs
I mis read the info plate.. it is 6" small.. i.e 23'3" long:RollEyes:

Bob

I bet if you measured it from tip to toe yourself it will be different again...

I have never met a yank that is exact to what they say..... :RollEyes:

My "B" is in the book at 29ft.4 inch... but when I measured it, it was just over 30 footsy`s long.. one and a half inches actually..

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
The unloading continues

Still the pots and pans and the cutlery draw to go... then the odds and sods shelf.. but we are getting there.

This morning we have put another hour in to the task.. we think about 8 hours so far.... but we stopped at 10 a.m. as our 'little Russian' started on the washing the outside.. that's all done and now her is valeting the inside... I wish I could bottle him... what a worker... I last saw him cleaning the shower and the bathroom floor.

It is nearly spunk and span again... it is amazing the amount of mud that we picked up at Malvern...

Also been taking lots of the 'goodies' off the RV like the cb unit and non core items.. that has allowed me to lower the asking price.

I am waiting for when it sells to see what the new owner will do about the tow bar.. as Yank owners know 95% of RV's have to be towed on to low-loaders using a winch and the Recce tow ball... I can hear it now.. do not need one of those... OK I will remove it. Every time I get on board I see more items to come off... have taken my Indian Breast plate and arrow off...
but it is sure a long job taking it all off.

Bob:Blush:

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back