Motorhomers in France Just be on your guard, fake Police,Gendarmes (1 Viewer)

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Motorhomers in France Just be on your guard, fake Police,Gendarmes.

Fake police rob travellers
August 21, 2012

POLICE and gendarmes have stepped up controls and surveillance on autoroutes after an increase in reports of fake police robbing travellers.

Last week a couple driving on the A31 near Longvic (Côte-d'Or) were pulled over by a dark Peugeot 206 with a blue flashing light on the roof at 2.00 in the morning. The two fake police - both of African origin with one wearing what looked like a police jacket - searched the driver and took €3,200 from his wife's handbag.

Earlier that night, what seemed like the same two men had stopped two German tourists between Langres and Dijon under the pretext of a cocaine drug search. They stole valuables from the car as well as their wallets.

The Interior Ministry has called on police to increase patrols and get more information on the thieves. So far they are investigating around 100 robberies or attempted robberies.

Ten people suspected of being involved in a network of fake police in the south of France were arrested in June. But the attacks continued and two drivers were robbed in an aire (rest area) on the A7 and Russian tourists lost €4,000 when attacked on the A6.

Other attempts have been reported in Bourgogne, Vaucluse, Drôme, Var, Gard and Bouches-du-Rhône departments.

In the Paris area, on the A6 near Ivry, a motorcyclist was punched in the face and had his bike stolen by three men wearing police armbands who had flagged him down in a car with a blue flashing light.

Police sources told Le Figaro the majority of the robbery attempts had forced drivers to stop on the hard shoulder but police preferred to get drivers to pull into aires as there was less risk of accident. They added that it was permitted to ask police to show their identity cards.

Link Removed

I would think the best thing is, to ask these so called Police/Gendarmes to follow you to the nearest Gendarmerie..............You enter Gendarmeries on your tomtom

Mel

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
It is strange how these police impersonation things don't appear to happen in UK and Germany, I wonder why this is. :whatthe:

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
Thanks for the tip.In France at the moment just outside Tours.

I won't stop for any Gendarms now. they will have to give chase.

If they catch me they won't find anything illegal, they won't find any breathalyser either::bigsmile:

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Just what is she doing carrying Euro 3,200 in her handbag!!! Stupid if you ask me.:Eeek:

I said exactly same words to the wife.what was they doing carrying .3,200 Euros.................
plus the 4000 on the Russian.....Well they will not get very far on the 2 euros 50 that I carry:Doh:Whoooops I should have kept that quite ,...Its a Yorkshire thing:winky::winky:

Because this Artical was in the FRench Connection Paper:RollEyes:.....any where else I might have said GAS ATACK:Doh::winky::winky:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

OP
OP
Heyupluv

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
It is strange how these police impersonation things don't appear to happen in UK and Germany, I wonder why this is. :whatthe:

Simple Buttons:Doh::Doh:
They Don't have the right shaped head to fit those tall hats what our policemen wear.... that's why it does not happen in the UK

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

It would take to much time for the thieves to mold / shape there heads into the correct shape to fit...not worth the time and money:winky::winky::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Why?

simples Buttons my dear fellow.. we have nothing worth stealing in the UK.. we give it all away ....... do not need to nick it with the benefits they can get.

Bob:Blush:

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
that reminds me

they won't find any breathalyser either::bigsmile:

Blast I just realised I purchased a pack of two from Halfords.. and we have now unloaded the RV... so it is in the big pile of items we unloaded....

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back