TRIGANO TRIBUTE or 650 (1 Viewer)

Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Currently abroad, I'm still looking for panel van conversion, so a lot of research is on the net, then followed up by visits to dealers when i'm home. This forum has been outstanding at building my knowledge over the last 12 months, so i'm getting close to spending some cash.

I really fancied the U shape layout Warwick Duo/Rhythm/Mondial but baulk at paying + 29k minimum, although I may have to bite the bullet eventually. We would like two singles, this also means we can lounge in comfort, settee style (Only two of us). We like the panel vans for their looks, ease of use etc.

I've recently been noticing the Trigano Tribute Pre 2007 and the Trigano 650. Both which are often sub £25k.....the Tributes down as far as £21k in some cases.

My question: Is it feasible to leave the nearside seats in the tribute or 650 permanently set up as a single bed, so that it can be used as a 2nd settee. Using the rear doors for access, thus achieving the same lounging area as a Warwick/Mondial etc and saving myself £10k plus. What would be the issues, if any? I realise there is a Tribby forum, but this may be useful to other newbies on a similar quest.

Here's an example to illustrate the type of van: .

Thanks
JM

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
I had a 2005 tribute, like the one shown in your link,
The nearside single bed is made up by dropping a board in the gap between the seats and dropping a rear cushion onto it.. So in practice no issues leaving set up like that. From memory we always turned the front seats around as well to make the beds longer... We are not tall people so it suited us well But if your on the tall side, check them first.

I loved the Trigano and my only 1 complaint was the quality of the foam in the cushions, a bit to soft but those can easily be upgraded.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
journeyman
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
I had a 2005 tribute, like the one shown in your link,
The nearside single bed is made up by dropping a board in the gap between the seats and dropping a rear cushion onto it.. So in practice no issues leaving set up like that. From memory we always turned the front seats around as well to make the beds longer... We are not tall people so it suited us well But if your on the tall side, check them first.

I loved the Trigano and my only 1 complaint was the quality of the foam in the cushions, a bit to soft but those can easily be upgraded.

Thanks Tonka, I like that answer!!...Ive actually found a couple of Tributes at Sub £17k, which would allow me to make improvements in the overall comfort and fit, cushions, add ons etc. I had read on a few threads that the build quality is not at the top end, hence the lower prices I suppose. Sizewise, We're both short arses, so space wont be problem. I also looked at the Auto Sleeper Symphony type vans, but whilst they look quite nice, they are small.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Last edited:
Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
Remember that Trigano are part of the CI group, which includes Autotrail and many others..
Yes compared to a timerland etc they are not "top end" but good value for money..
The use of an awning and side panels will give you a lot extra space, the side door opens to give an unrestricted access and view, unlike some where they stick the sink in the way !!
We added a bike rack and tow bar to ours and then used a back box to allow more stuff to be carried on long trips.. .

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Broken Link Removed

Last edited:
Upvote 0
OP
OP
journeyman
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Thanks Tonka, I like the bottle modification. I have spied a 2005 model within 40 miles of me sub £22k. I will try and look at it later next week.

:Smile:

Upvote 0

tonka

LIFE MEMBER
Jul 2, 2008
Cannock, Staffs
Funster No
MH
A class Burstner 800
Exp
Since 2000
They seem to hold the prices well.. I paid £27k for our new in 2005....::bigsmile:

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Upvote 0

makems

LIFE MEMBER
Sep 23, 2011
Ingleby Barwick,,Teesside
Funster No
MH
Sadly had to give up
Exp
2010-2017
Our first MH was a Tribute 550. WE loved it and toured all over the UK, France, Spain and Portugal. We only sold it because we needed an automatic (arthritic back) and wanted a fixed bed over a large garage so we could carry loads of crap we didn't seem to need when we had theTribute! :RollEyes:
We did 12k miles in just over a year and sold it for more than we had paid for it. It averaged about 35mpg too on the 2.3 diesel.
Good van!
We also love our Rapido A Class but there was something about the Tribute that was just pure FUN!

Upvote 0
OP
OP
journeyman
Mar 22, 2011
NE Wales
Funster No
MH
Chausson Best of 10
Exp
Since Feb 2013….2nd Van
Trogged around 5 or 6 dealers the last few days in the north west. Its interesting how they deal with customers. Why Oh Why do some dealers insist on keeping van doors locked. Its very off putting and feels slightly like they are pressurising the customer to approach a sale man. Which actually has the opposite effect. If they are claiming its for security, perhaps they should re-evaluate their overall profile. Top marks to Todds at Preston every door open, no lurking salesman. The only one I've followed up with an email regarding a potential van.

We had a look at the 2005 Tribute. The 2nd bench settee is definitely an option, by keeping the side door closed and using the rear door for access. Also had a look at a newer Tribute 650. Surprisingly I thought the build quality was better on the older van. Also as a shortie, when sitting on the settee, my feet were dangling about 3 inches from the floor.

Finally whilst looking around, I spied a Mondial GT. A bit further up the cost scale(But still cheaper than a Rhythm), this also allowed you to keep the 2nd bed set up as a settee. Lots learned over the last few days.

Upvote 0
Apr 12, 2011
Lincoln
Funster No
MH
Burstner ixeo t 590
Exp
4yrs
Tribute

Currently abroad, I'm still looking for panel van conversion, so a lot of research is on the net, then followed up by visits to dealers when i'm home. This forum has been outstanding at building my knowledge over the last 12 months, so i'm getting close to spending some cash.

I really fancied the U shape layout Warwick Duo/Rhythm/Mondial but baulk at paying + 29k minimum, although I may have to bite the bullet eventually. We would like two singles, this also means we can lounge in comfort, settee style (Only two of us). We like the panel vans for their looks, ease of use etc.

I've recently been noticing the Trigano Tribute Pre 2007 and the Trigano 650. Both which are often sub £25k.....the Tributes down as far as £21k in some cases.

My question: Is it feasible to leave the nearside seats in the tribute or 650 permanently set up as a single bed, so that it can be used as a 2nd settee. Using the rear doors for access, thus achieving the same lounging area as a Warwick/Mondial etc and saving myself £10k plus. What would be the issues, if any? I realise there is a Tribby forum, but this may be useful to other newbies on a similar quest.

Here's an example to illustrate the type of van: .

Thanks
JM

Hi we brought a 2005 model in april 2011 and we r very pleased with it as its our 1st campervan hav added a tow bar back box to carry extra crap
just took out the clothes hanger and put some shelves in made loads more room. from edale to fort william we managed 40mpg not complaining at that
but did drop to 34 touring scotland:thumb:

Upvote 0

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back