Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
Following on from returning from Malvern and the 8 weeks the RV has been on Ebay (Still unsold) we have commenced a full unload of the RV.. everything off ... boy it is amazing how much gear we had on it... do women really need a full carrier bag of items in the bathroom cabinets:Sad: ... I see a whole days work ahead. Water is to be taken off.. the boiler drained and closed down. By tonight the RV will be sitting ready to go (as and when to a new home) or for the monthly run up and down the by-pass. But in effect it is now off the road until it goes or next year we decide what to do with it. sad....

Monday my Russian man will be cleaning the outside and Sue will be polishing and cleaning the inside.... I will be leaving the camping gear in the various lockers as dependent on the selling price achieved some will stay and some will not with the RV.. Would only take a half hour to remove the remaining gear. But it is sad to see it now so empty.

I will be re-listing it again later today after the present ebay advert expires.

Bob

chatter

Free Member
Aug 3, 2009
cheshire
Funster No
MH
5th wheel
Exp
10+
Bob relist it after you have completely emptied it, take some new pics of it, not everyone wants all the american regalia in a van even if they want an american van. Its a bit like house sales - keep it neutral, most out there cant see past what they see when they are shown somethings

Last edited:
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
i have changed some of the photos

Bob relist it after you have completely emptied it, take some new pics of it, not everyone wants all the american regalia in a van even if they want an american van.

I have changed some of the photos as we went along over the past 2 months. The words have been reduced to the minimum now and they are going to stay for the next listing.

The price is at a sensible level with offers invited...

The goodies removed and not included unless someone wants to do a deal on them.... not fussed if they go or not as a lot I will use on the toy hauler when I get it.

But I am working on the basis that the RV will not be going anywhere soon, and as we have no plans to use it from now on (next trip is a cruise in any case) it will be mothballed until next year I suspect.

Bob

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
The price is at a sensible level with offers invited...
Bob

These are not sensible times. To sell it, it is worth as much as the highest bid you've had so far.

Or you gamble, put it on a long listing, no reserve and start at what you consider has been a derisory bid.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
did we really have all that on board

Why does SWMBO have 6 pairs of shoes???????? taking it all off the RV has opened my eyes... so much gear... good job we have a spare bedroom we can store it....

Done most of it.. she says... still under beds the do and the outside lockers.

enough food in the freezer to feed an army...

Bob

Wildman

Free Member
May 30, 2008
Ilfracombe, Devon
Funster No
MH
Amazon Ambassador
Exp
since 1967
Always a shame to see an old friend stripped naked, unless she is very pretty:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I can't understand the lack of interest but am guessing it is the industry as a whole, everyone is feeling the pinch and thinking twice about new purchases. On the plus side it means your new toy hauler will also be correspondingly cheaper plus you will already have all the extras ready to add. I have not read your advert, apparently it is a long one. Personally I would let the photos do the talking but do mention the size of the payload.
There is a skill in copywritting just as there is in photography. I suspect anyone looking for an american RV is looking for more space so the length may be seen as a bit restrictive but there is a buyer out there for it. Unfortunately the longer it is on ebay the more people will think unfairly that there is something wrong with it. A real shame as it is a nice van. Good luck a lot of people don't look until the end of the season when they assume prices will be even lower. Have you tried to find a toy hauler from a dealer who would part exchange? That would solve any problems.

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Why does SWMBO have 6 pairs of shoes???????? taking it all off the RV has opened my eyes... so much gear... good job we have a spare bedroom we can store it....

Bob

So now you know, all you really needed is this.......

Attachments

• small.jpeg
    small.jpeg
    7.2 KB · Views: 20
OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I hate to do px with dealers

Always a shame to see an old friend stripped naked, unless she is very pretty:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I can't understand the lack of interest but am guessing it is the industry as a whole, everyone is feeling the pinch and thinking twice about new purchases. On the plus side it means your new toy hauler will also be correspondingly cheaper plus you will already have all the extras ready to add. I have not read your advert, apparently it is a long one. Personally I would let the photos do the talking but do mention the size of the payload.
There is a skill in copywritting just as there is in photography. I suspect anyone looking for an american RV is looking for more space so the length may be seen as a bit restrictive but there is a buyer out there for it. Unfortunately the longer it is on ebay the more people will think unfairly that there is something wrong with it. A real shame as it is a nice van. Good luck a lot of people don't look until the end of the season when they assume prices will be even lower. Have you tried to find a toy hauler from a dealer who would part exchange? That would solve any problems.

I hate doing PX with dealers.. just makes the item I want more expensive.

It is on 28 day listings... may change the lead photo about... but I am not desperate Roger... as you know and a lot of others that have seen it, it is a nice rig.

Have only had one person actually look and that was at Malvern... just to be nosey.. no intention of buying. The words have been cut right back.. so it makes no difference if they are long or short it seems.

But I have a couple possible trades with a disabled vehicle so that may or pan out or not. I would not now be buying the toy hauler until after March when Sue fully retires from the NHS (2nd time)...

But had to empty the RV, so now is as good as anytime. Then if anyone wants to see it it is in the near empty state.

Bob

May 8, 2011
God's county. Helmsley, North Yorkshire.
Funster No
MH
IH Tio 630 RL
Exp
Since April 1846 but have always camped.

Bob

Six pair of shoes aint bad in a RV. I have a panel van conversion and have just found six pairs of her shoes !!

Heyupluv

Free Member
Oct 7, 2008
France,
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
touring many years..42+
Good luck BOB... I do hope you sell it soon....serious....:thumb:.........I know I Jest with the rest of them...........but that is all it is Jest.....nothing more.....
Be ready for the buyer coming up the drive,... Be out there ready...attack like a coiled spring...gotcha!!!!:winky::winky:.....best of luck with the sale of the 23'.3" American...
Also I hope after all this banter you have had that the toy hauler is all what want and does everything you expect of it.::bigsmile::thumb:.Mel:

:thumb:

Aug 29, 2010
Nuneaton. Only when I have to.
Funster No
MH
Hymer Exsis t564
Exp
Since Sept 2010
[HI][/HI]
Bob relist it after you have completely emptied it, take some new pics of it, not everyone wants all the american regalia in a van even if they want an american van. Its a bit like house sales - keep it neutral, most out there cant see past what they see when they are shown somethings

Paint it all beige and put a mirror in the hall is the received wisdom, I believe. ::bigsmile:::bigsmile:::bigsmile:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it is toy hauler or bust

Good luck BOB... I do hope you sell it soon....serious....:thumb:.........I know I Jest with the rest of them...........but that is all it is Jest.....nothing more.....
Be ready for the buyer coming up the drive,... Be out there ready...attack like a coiled spring...gotcha!!!!:winky::winky:.....best of luck with the sale of the 23'.3" American...
Also I hope after all this banter you have had that the toy hauler is all what want and does everything you expect of it.::bigsmile::thumb:.Mel:

:thumb:

It has to be the toy hauler or bust... We found Malvern a real issue with the power-chair and thankfully had help to get the scooter (Sue's) and the power-chair on and off the trailer... we have to think outside the box... Had 4 good seasons with the Winnebago.. time we move it on and then try with the toy hauler. If that does not work, then I have no ideas left.

It has amazed me just how much gear we had on board... still coming off... I thought a couple of hours and we spent 5 hours so far and we think when we attack the outside lockers we have another couple of hours. Taking off what is extras and what goes with the RV at the sold price. We are putting all the bits we have taken off in the spare bedroom at the moment... even found 3 full hip flasks and a wooden egg rack we could not find.

Even found the boules set we purchased in France a couple of years ago and used at Stratford on Avon... has a green jack.. which is great with grass... you try finding it.

It is sad to see it all coming off bit by bit.... worst part is thinking I have got to put it all on the new RV or replace most of it.

Bob

ourcampersbeentrashed

Free Member
Apr 19, 2008
East London
Funster No
MH
C Class
Exp
well over 5 years
To be quite honest bob, having it been on ebay for a while I would take it off and leave it off until end of september when those wanting a motorhome for october school holidays will start to look.

I must admit that on ebay I started to avoid motorhomes that I saw on there month after month.

Have you tried a motorhome broker? Motorhome Depot are supposed to be quite good.

Also try loot.

Fingers crossed you get a buyer xxxx

Scout

LIFE MEMBER
Apr 4, 2009
South Yorkshire
Funster No
MH
chic c line
Exp
12 years motorhoming, a lifetime of living
have you thought of joining preloved, you can put adds on for free, but for smallish a fee you can be a advanced seller for a year, you can then get a any free website site linked to your advert, worked for me a few times both with trailer tents/caravan and when I used to breed geckos

the adavantage of putting your own free website up you can used lots of photos vidios and listing about your winni for the punters to easily view, along with links to (say) the maufactorers web site or what ever you want.

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
had three cash offers so far

I have had three cash offers so far...

£19,500 - private

£22,000 - dealer

£24.000 - dealer

plus two PX where the vehicles ... one a dodge ram van (day van) over priced value and the other a Mercedes Vito Sport X van again over priced. (I have access to cap prices and my son is a buyer for 'we buy any car.com'

I have now nearly removed all the bits off the RV.. just the side lockers to do... while it has the goodies on I have it at £27,500 when I have taken them all off it will go back to the £25k

As I have said I am in no rush... but we made our minds up to get it all clear and empty so it can be seen in bare bones and if anyone wants to bid me for the goodies I may do some sort of deal, or hang on to them ..I suspect a lot of the items could be used on the toy hauler... or I can sell them on ebay... someone always wants things like macerator and the hoses that go with it.

Just a case of keep listing it.. have changed the lead in photo and may put some others in in due course.

Bob

Aug 27, 2009
Hertfordshire
Funster No
MH
Van Conversion
Exp
40 years
I have had three cash offers so far...

£19,500 - private

£22,000 - dealer

£24.000 - dealer

plus two PX where the vehicles ... one a dodge ram van (day van) over priced value and the other a Mercedes Vito Sport X van again over priced. (I have access to cap prices and my son is a buyer for 'we buy any car.com'

I have now nearly removed all the bits off the RV.. just the side lockers to do... while it has the goodies on I have it at £27,500 when I have taken them all off it will go back to the £25k

As I have said I am in no rush... but we made our minds up to get it all clear and empty so it can be seen in bare bones and if anyone wants to bid me for the goodies I may do some sort of deal, or hang on to them ..I suspect a lot of the items could be used on the toy hauler... or I can sell them on ebay... someone always wants things like macerator and the hoses that go with it.

Just a case of keep listing it.. have changed the lead in photo and may put some others in in due course.

Bob
The vehicle wont be worth any less in the spring and it could be worth more:thumb:, so I think you are making the best decision. Maybe the spring will also bring more toy haulers on the market.:thumb: Good luck with the sale.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back