Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
I have been trying since last evening to get on the forum... sent JIM a couple emails... just would part load and that was it... I was using Safari... tried firefox and chrome .. firefox and chrome were not even part loading.

Yes I cleared the history/cache ...being an Apple Mac Pro on Mountain Lion you get an automatic cache empty when you delete history... booted and closed, booted and closed... deleted links and used just typing in... re-entered my user name and password...

Know it was not my subs.. as I paid them to JIM (cash) at Malvern.

Anyway seems to be back to semi normal now... but amI the only one with an issue on connection?

Bob

Pikey Pete

Free Member
May 25, 2008
o
Funster No
MH
o
Exp
I'm on a mac running Snow Leopard and have had no problems on Firefox, Opera or Safari.

I'll be honest I didn't like LIon so I went back to Snow Leopard, as I found it much more stable.

Don't know about Mountain Lion so can't comment.

Pete:Cool:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
It was iffy here on Sunday evening and yesterday evening but I checked a few other sites and they were the same so I put it down to a problem with Virgin Media/NTLWorld. The NTLworld e-mail server also appeared to be a bit slow.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Jun 2, 2010
Flintshire
Funster No
MH
Low profile
Exp
since 2010
You've probably used up your monthly typed word allowance Bob:winky:

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
still an issue

I am still having problems.. takes about 1 minute or more to load any page or move from one area to another.

My other links to sites like the bank, ebay etc., they go fast.. but MHF comes up with part of the name and then slows to a stop and I just have to wait. Same on Safari, firefox and also chrome... I have aol as my internet provider... been all over the apple to see if I need to reset something. .. to reset the cache you clear the history of internet use and that also clears the cache at the same time. I have tried to close down and restart ... I did get one period when it was back to normal... but it is very iffy at the moment.

Bob

Jul 28, 2010
The world
Funster No
MH
Small car
Exp
I am still having problems.. takes about 1 minute or more to load any page or move from one area to another.

My other links to sites like the bank, ebay etc., they go fast.. but MHF comes up with part of the name and then slows to a stop and I just have to wait. Same on Safari, firefox and also chrome... I have aol as my internet provider... been all over the apple to see if I need to reset something. .. to reset the cache you clear the history of internet use and that also clears the cache at the same time. I have tried to close down and restart ... I did get one period when it was back to normal... but it is very iffy at the moment.

Bob

is it the site or our beloved leader that is a bit iffy at the moment bob ? :ROFLMAO::Eeek:

Aug 18, 2008
Gloucestershire
Funster No
MH
A Class
Exp
since Jan 2008
internet

Hi had problems with internet this afternoon but only on some sites - weird - all seems ok now - perhaps a glitch in their world x

OP
OP
slobadoberbob

slobadoberbob

Free Member
Jun 1, 2009
Kent, garden of England
Funster No
MH
Winnebago 23' something
Exp
25 years & counting
it was hit and miss all day

It was hit and miss all day.. only MHF was like it...all my other links loaded at normal speed.

One time I did get a message when I tried to use Firefox that said the server was busy and I should try later... was it an attack I wonder? Denied access etc., was the site being over loaded (well not b me as I could not get on)

Anyway seems OK so far this morning .... but then a lot of MHF people are still in bed sleeping.

Bob

and to answer Motorhome Lovers remarks about iffy.... well his (JIM) singing is certainly iffy that I can attest to...worse than my ukulele playing and that is not good. ::bigsmile:

GJH

LIFE MEMBER
Aug 20, 2007
Acklam, Teesside, originally Glossop
Funster No
MH
None, now sold
Exp
2006 to 2022
A browser message along the lines of "server is busy" does not necessarily mean that the specific server on which a page is stored is busy. There are many potential causes of slow delivery of web pages. To produce code to identify the specific one would be expensive if, indeed, fully possible. Thus, a general message is returned rather than keep the end user waiting indefinitely.

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back