Got to confess.......... (1 Viewer)

Cupcake

Free Member
Apr 13, 2010
Norfolk Broads
Funster No
Exp
since July 2009
We only went to buy some toilet fluid and ended up changing the motorhome ......... for a caravan and car!:Doh:
Had been discussing changing the motorhome due to not finding it as comfortable to relax in as we'd like and using the overcab bed was becoming a pain. So when we went to buy the toilet fluid we got a price from the sales person to part exchange for a more expensive motorhome. So we had a look at motorhomes and to get one that we felt we'd be happy with was going to cost lots more £££££'s, and as we both work full time we felt it was a lot of money to sat on the drive for most of the year:Sad:
So had a look at the caravans and found a fixed bed new van that was just the type of layout we required, and when the sales person agreed to give us the same amount for our motorhome even thought the new caravan was cheaper (in fact a lot less than that they were giving us for the motorhome) we agreed the deal. We did then have to buy larger car but even with that cost on top we are £'s better off.
We hope to return to motorhoming when we are able to retire in a few years time but for now it's back to tugging for a few years :thumb:
So please be kind to us, the change is more to do with economics than choice & don't be surprised to see a tugger waving frantically at you as we pass.:ROFLMAO:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
So please be kind to us, the change is more to do with economics than choice & don't be surprised to see a tugger waving frantically at you as we pass.:ROFLMAO:

Don't be so apologetic. You've analysed your needs and done what you think is right for you. Just because it's also saved you money does not mean it was in any way a poor solution.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Chris

LIFE MEMBER
May 5, 2010
Funster No
MH
None
Exp
10 years
A caravan would be much more suitable to my needs and save me loads of cash.

It's all that setting up and levelling I can't be bothered with.

Motorhome = lazy:thumb:

Sep 4, 2011
Funster No
MH
No more
The wife is so fed up with the problems weve had with our particulate filter that she is looking into us buying a static:Eeek:and selling the motorhome.
Janes parents are both in there mid eighties and are not going to be around forever so a static on the coast would mean more time spent with them, i can also take my youngest daughter as an extra bedroom would be available:Smile:.
We will be looking long and hard into this as we may only want to own one for a few years.

:thumb:ROB&JANE:thumb:

hilldweller

LIFE MEMBER
Dec 5, 2008
Macclesfield
Funster No
MH
Zilch Mk1
Exp
From Aug 2007
Janes parents are both in there mid eighties and are not going to be around forever so a static on the coast would mean more time spent with them, i can also take my youngest daughter as an extra bedroom would be available:Smile:. :thumb:ROB&JANE:thumb:

That's a lovely generous plan. Go for it.

Subscribers  do not see these advertisements

Join us or log in to post a reply.

To join in you must be a member of MotorhomeFun

Join MotorhomeFun

Join us, it quick and easy!

Already a member? Log in here.

Latest journal entries

Funsters who are viewing this thread

Back